NBA 2022-2023

R'hllor

At the moment, that's a big "if".
Guess trades can open a lot of lanes, actually its really weird, remember watching Wiseman in pre season a bit and thought, damn this gonna be an issue for others, then whole +/- went to shit for him in a season.

SinNombre

Have a feeling that all this regular season thing (in the West) is waste of time, if GSW are healthy, Klay gets a bit more in a groove, they will roll shit on any team.
Need to make a trade for that to happen. Steph + the depth from 6 to 9 is what won the championship last year. Donte is starting to have a GP2 impact as he has settled, and Kuminga is playable in the playoffs but need one more piece. Klay is never going to be All-star level player again but with Steph back and in the playoffs, I would expect him to be zoned in on defense more and chuck less which is fine for your 4th best starter.

SinNombre

Guess trades can open a lot of lanes, actually its really weird, remember watching Wiseman in pre season a bit and thought, damn this gonna be an issue for others, then whole +/- went to shit for him in a season.
You can see why they drafted Wiseman - very good hands and smooth movement for his height but he still plays like someone who hasn't played much (which he hasn't) and lacks bbiq.

SinNombre

Good win tonight - came from 12 down without Steph, Wiggins, Klay on a back-to-back night. Draymond was immense in the 4th and DDV continues to play great. Ty Jerome's best game yet. Poole with 26 with a mix of the good and the boneheaded as always.

Charlie Foley

That is a huge win. Absolutely delighted. Draymond down the stretch was like god on defence.

there are definitely some pieces starting to come together, feels like we still need one more young guy to step up a level and then we can start talking

ZDwyr

I wouldn't have Luka in my top 3. I think he's the best player of those you have listed but (for me) it's hard to be considered valuable if all you do is make your team competitive instead of actually getting wins. The Mavs need more wins for Luka to have a real shot.
Yeah, that's fair. I think I have a little more leniency when it comes to the issue of team record. They are only 2 games back of the 3rd seed though. If the gap was significant I would probably dock him a little more.

Revan

Assumptionman
Nets now second seed in the East with 10 wins in the last 10 games, and 14 in the last 15. If KD stays healthy and Irving does not do anything stupid, they are gonna get first seed soon, the most in form team in the league.

Simmons playing well but nowhere near his best. If he manages to get back to his form, they can go quite far.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Nets now second seed in the East with 10 wins in the last 10 games, and 14 in the last 15. If KD stays healthy and Irving does not do anything stupid, they are gonna get first seed soon, the most in form team in the league.

Simmons playing well but nowhere near his best. If he manages to get back to his form, they can go quite far.
Doubt they will go above Celtics though they could find themselves in a cruise mode quite soon so that might happen then. I reckon both Celtics and Bucks are going to be saving themselves for the playoffs where I guess only one of them can knock out the other. Nets, Cavs and Sixers are the chasing pack but their best hope is Celtics/Bucks getting short handed by injuries when it comes to the playoffs as I can’t see any of them winning a series of 7 against them otherwise.

Sixers have also found their form though it’s probably good for 48-52 wins and an early playoffs exit anyway.

And speaking of East, Atlanta may be the next team to blow it up. Some rumors making their rounds about Trae not being particularly happy with the franchise and with so much value in Dejounte I wouldn’t be surprised to see them make a move.

Last edited:

SinNombre

For the advanced stat fans, Luka has now gone past Jokic in EPM. Steph and AD stay 3rd and 4th.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Vols win and the Dubs come back in the 4th to win as well.

What a great night!

Woohoo!

SinNombre

Another game I start watching in the 4th quarter and the Warriors go on a crazy comeback run to win at the Chase again. Draymond with another defensive masterpiece in those last 6 mins. When Steph and Wiggins come back, the Warriors are really just one good rotation piece away from another deep playoff run with both Donte and Kuminga looking very good.

Charlie Foley

Closer than it should have been given how we started but it feels better that way! Outscored Portland 16-2 in the last 5+ minutes, they really shit the bed there. Poole had some bad turnovers but a pretty good shooting night from him and Klay. DDV with the late steal and 3 was great and Kuminga continues to impress. I saw someone call him “big Kum” which is just the worst.
Also great to see GP2 back and get his well earned ring. Hopefully @Sarni you get to see him play for you guys soon. Probably my favourite ever one season warrior.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Wow KCP and Vlakto Cancar both went 100/100/100 for shooting percentages in Denver’s win tonight.

20 points and 15 points respectively so it’s not a random 4 point fluke.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Something like 60% or 70% of Jokic's assists lead to lay-ups.

For contrast, league leader Halliburton's assists that lead to lay-ups is in the 30's.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Can't believe that two slow doughboys absolutely dominate the league.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Something like 60% or 70% of Jokic's assists lead to lay-ups.

For contrast, league leader Halliburton's assists that lead to lay-ups is in the 30's.
I really wonder why no one has done an xA stat for basketball assists. Would put into perspective the quality of passes as well, Jokic would be really high in that regard as well.

Sarni

Closer than it should have been given how we started but it feels better that way! Outscored Portland 16-2 in the last 5+ minutes, they really shit the bed there. Poole had some bad turnovers but a pretty good shooting night from him and Klay. DDV with the late steal and 3 was great and Kuminga continues to impress. I saw someone call him “big Kum” which is just the worst.
Also great to see GP2 back and get his well earned ring. Hopefully @Sarni you get to see him play for you guys soon. Probably my favourite ever one season warrior.
I don’t think Payton is ever going to play for us. He’s got a one year contract and most likely won’t come back this season judging by the developments so far. We have pretty much gone from the best clutch team in the league in the first few games to the worst now. Up 8 with 4 minutes to go and we only scored two more points.

SinNombre

I don’t think Payton is ever going to play for us. He’s got a one year contract and most likely won’t come back this season judging by the developments so far. We have pretty much gone from the best clutch team in the league in the first few games to the worst now. Up 8 with 4 minutes to go and we only scored two more points.
He has a 3 year contract - would not have made any sense for him to leave the Warriors for a one-year contract. He will get paid by the Blazers !

Sarni

He has a 3 year contract - would not have made any sense for him to leave the Warriors for a one-year contract. He will get paid by the Blazers !
Thought it was just one year mid-level exception. In that case he will probably sit out this season and return next year though I won’t be surprised if his salary is used as a makeweight in a trade before deadline. It’s $9m a year I think so we could get back a decent player. Him, Winslow and Keon plus two first round picks for Anunoby is my bet.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
LeBron and Steph. For those that didn't know, they were both actually born in the same hospital.
That's crazy, I didn't know that (he was even born in Akron too). I suppose you don't hear it because LBJ has essentially trademarked that kid from Akron.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
LeBron and Steph. For those that didn't know, they were both actually born in the same hospital.
I knew they were both from Akron but that’s pretty fecking wild that they were born in the same hospital. Two basketball greats born in the same hospital just a couple of years apart.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Who’s gonna stop these Nets man. They’re like a runaway train.

SinNombre

Thought it was just one year mid-level exception. In that case he will probably sit out this season and return next year though I won’t be surprised if his salary is used as a makeweight in a trade before deadline. It’s $9m a year I think so we could get back a decent player. Him, Winslow and Keon plus two first round picks for Anunoby is my bet.
If OG is available for a reasonable price, I hope the Warriors are in for him. Would trade Wiseman, Moody, JMG and a first for him.

Sarni

If OG is available for a reasonable price, I hope the Warriors are in for him. Would trade Wiseman, Moody, JMG and a first for him.
Raptors will want two picks at least. Wiseman’s value is extremely low but Moody might still be worth a first round pick. I think our offer above would be way too low though and this is probably even worse.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
never thought id love another player as much as i loved Jason Kidd but Doncic is a joke.

ExoduS

Jokic started season slow but lately he is playing really well. Doncic and Jokic are simply amazing.

R'hllor

30 on 13 attempts, thats to high, he should go back to 4-5 attempts.