NBA 2022-2023

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Tough call on CP3 in OT vs Pels. I think he might have extended his legs ever so slightly, but he was falling backwards so your legs are automatically going to go in a forward direction. I think a no call would have been more appropriate.
Don’t know. Looked like a foul to me. But the Suns went to cold in OT anyway, none of their shots were falling and Zion is just an unstoppable force.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Jabari Smith went to work on Giannis last night. So good to see his ascendance since his early season struggles. His defence is exactly as advertised.

But man, these Rockets boys are exciting as feck to watch. I'm gonna remember these carefree tanking seasons fondly when it starts to get serious next season and the W/L column starts to matter again.

John Lucas was so hyped after that win :lol:

Last edited:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
It's only the G-League, but maybe James Wiseman is finally starting to get it. On Friday against the Lakers he was +29 for the game and had 24 points and 10 rebounds.

On Sunday against OKC he was even better tallying 24 and 16. Just watched the highlights of that one and he looked really darn good.

Last edited:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Predictable outcome tonight. I think the Dubs can come out of the West (although of course it won't be easy) and they appear to have the Celtics number, but if they end up facing the Bucks the match up is terrible and I just can't see a win for Golden State.

Just hope someone else can knock off Milwaukee.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Terrible late game execution. Threw away another game. Ad can't be missing both free throws late like that.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
If Curry is out for any length of time the Dubs season could be done.

ZDwyr

Slowly being pulled back into the Wemby sweepstakes while losing in a respectable manner :drool:

R'hllor

What a redicoulus game Wizzards vs Nuggets, Jokic with crazy stat line, 141 points with only 4 3`s what?! laughable

R'hllor

Decent effort by GSW but Klay went full party pooper mode, also some calls were just eye opening.

SinNombre

Those calls will always be made against the Warriors.

If they are not going to make any moves, and Steph is out for an extended period and the Warriors keep losing, the front office won’t be able to avoid making decisions.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Warriors will be fine. Curry will probably be back in 6 weeks or so, none of the teams below them have any chance of leaping above them and they will always be close to at least a few above them like Jazz and Timberwolves. With the play-in tournament in place they only need to finish 10th to be very likely to get into the playoffs.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Those calls will always be made against the Warriors.

If they are not going to make any moves, and Steph is out for an extended period and the Warriors keep losing, the front office won’t be able to avoid making decisions.
Won’t be long before GS fans start watching Wemby youtube comps :wenger:

SinNombre

Won’t be long before GS fans start watching Wemby youtube comps :wenger:
Tanking for Wemby takes away one more year of Steph’s prime for a 10% chance of Wemby or Scoot.

The reality is that the two timeline doesn’t work with the players the Warriors have drafted and Klay’s decline.

Donut

The Doncic fake pass-poster from today’s game was out of this world. He’s leading the MVP race.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
You’re right, its Tatum, Giannis, then Luka as 3rd. I guess it’s just my biased opinion, Dallas’ record is not very good.
Giannis is playing at that level but all things being equal they'll give it to someone who hasn't won it before. Assuming Tatum had won it twice before then I'd have Luka as a favorite.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Good win tonight. Wasn't really expecting it tbh. Jordan Poole was lights out but just as important was less fouling and better defense.

Who needs that Curry guy anyway. :D

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Beating the Bucks, Sixers and Suns but losing consecutive games to the Spurs. Silas is literally the perfect tank commander. Giving us a couple of feel good wins and couple of entertaining and competitive losses against good teams whilst also serving up crucial losses to our tank rivals :lol:

Sarni

Had no idea we were number 1 in the West.
By far the most consistent team too. Possibly 1 top talent short from being a contender this year though, but further development from Bane and Jackson Jr could get you there.

My Blazers had the chance to go 18-13 but lost to an SGA buzzer beater. Shame, especially as Thunder were quite short handed to begin with, however I am still quite happy to be 3 games above .500 with Lillard missing large chunk of season. Seems we will be hanging just between the final playoffs spots and play-in, likely fighting it out with Dallas, Minnesota and Sacramento for the 6th seed. Payton’s return could help us greatly but I’m not super confident it will ever happen at this rate.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Another bad loss. Defense was once again atrocious. If Klay is not finished he's certainly doing a good impression. Maybe we need that Curry guy after all.

SinNombre

We also need to give Steph better pieces than what we are giving him, it took a monster playoff run from him, Wiggins and Looney this past season. Can't p(l)ay both JP and Klay, and Draymond needs Steph to not be atrocious.

Wiseman was starting to resurrect his reputation a bit in the G-league, sending him back there and then trading him and possibly even Moody for a good 6th/7th option is the only way to recover this season. The only other option is to let Steph rest and tank and see where we land in the Wemby / Scoot sweepstakes.

R'hllor

Good game Grizzlies vs Nuggets, Ja had 35, Jokic went full setting table for others, one crazy dime. Like the look of Jackson Jr. but discipline is so poor or he is to eager to block everything, getting so many times in foul troubles aint helping your team, when you are so important on defensive end.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Being down 35 half way through the 2nd quarter is quite impressive in a screwed up kind of way. :(

Wemby here we come!

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Down 40 at half time. I wonder if that's some kind of record. :houllier:

SinNombre

An incredibly hard season to read for the Warriors
It is a pretty easy season to read.

Either tank and let Steph rest or give up on this 2-timeline nonsense and trade Wiseman/Moody/Rollins and picks to get some help for Steph asap.

There is zero evidence in modern NBA that you can win without a genuine superstar so the only Warrior timeline is around Steph's few remaining years. Poole's likeliest trajectory is Zach LaVine, Kuminga can develop into a Ingram/Wiggins level 2nd/3rd option player and the others will require a lot of playing time to get to NBA starter level. That team is at best a 6th seed in the West even if they all develop even with Wiggins around in 3-4 years.

Sarni

It is a pretty easy season to read.

Either tank and let Steph rest or give up on this 2-timeline nonsense and trade Wiseman/Moody/Rollins and picks to get some help for Steph asap.

There is zero evidence in modern NBA that you can win without a genuine superstar so the only Warrior timeline is around Steph's few remaining years. Poole's likeliest trajectory is Zach LaVine, Kuminga can develop into a Ingram/Wiggins level 2nd/3rd option player and the others will require a lot of playing time to get to NBA starter level. That team is at best a 6th seed in the West even if they all develop even with Wiggins around in 3-4 years.
If Kuminga is anywhere near Ingram, that'd be an amazing outcome.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
On a positive note, James Wiseman looked pretty decent last night, so maybe there's hope for him yet.

SinNombre

If Kuminga is anywhere near Ingram, that'd be an amazing outcome.
The key word is “can” which is why he is the only one worth keeping. That said, Ingram is still a marginal All-star level player (somewhere between the 30-60th best player in the NBA)

Sarni

The key word is “can” which is why he is the only one worth keeping. That said, Ingram is still a marginal All-star level player (somewhere between the 30-60th best player in the NBA)
I think Ingram is pretty awesome though. If he's your best player, you are not winning anything but you may get into the playoffs (like Pelicans did last year when Zion did not play). If he's your second/third best player, you can win.

He doesn't work as an 'utility' player though, i.e. you have to give him the ball enough for him to succeed, unlike someone like Anunoby or Grant who can play off multiple guys that are better than them. I actually think Kuminga at his best outcome will be closer to these guys, which coincidentally may be more of what Warriors are going to eventually need (provided they are able to find 'the guy' after Curry fades... which would have probably been LaMelo, had they drafted properly in 2020 instead of making the good old mistake of drafting for 'need').

SinNombre

I think Ingram is pretty awesome though. If he's your best player, you are not winning anything but you may get into the playoffs (like Pelicans did last year when Zion did not play). If he's your second/third best player, you can win.

He doesn't work as an 'utility' player though, i.e. you have to give him the ball enough for him to succeed, unlike someone like Anunoby or Grant who can play off multiple guys that are better than them. I actually think Kuminga at his best outcome will be closer to these guys, which coincidentally may be more of what Warriors are going to eventually need (provided they are able to find 'the guy' after Curry fades... which would have probably been LaMelo, had they drafted properly in 2020 instead of making the good old mistake of drafting for 'need').
OG would be a great fit for the Warriors, and if they are not tanking and ask Steph to play through his injury, the kind of trade they owe to him. Not sure how much they are going to get fleeced by Masai for it (could Wiseman + Moody + Rollins + a first and some seconds work?)

You can have a decent second unit for regular season with Steph, Wiggins, OG, Looney, Klay and Draymond, Poole, Donte, Kuminga, PBH as the second unit, and Draymond back in the 1st unit for the playoffs.

And gives you a core of Wiggins, OG, Poole, Kuminga to trade up or entice a superstar when Curry fades.

LaMelo is great but I don't think is going to be that genuine superstar level, and will probably end at the Mitchell/Booker level imo. That 2020 draft class is very weak and the Warriors were not the only ones to draft badly at a high lottery spot. Ant has question marks, and a lot of teams passed on Hali who might be the best player from that class.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Steph to be reevaluated in another two weeks, so it's probably at least mid January before he can return.