NBA 2022-2023

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The ending of the Lakers game :eek: Great job Indiana but to leave them wide open for 3s. It's just crazy to me :lol: Haliburton with 0 turnovers and +10 assists game is impressive

ZDwyr

The ending of the Lakers game :eek: Great job Indiana but to leave them wide open for 3s. It's just crazy to me :lol: Haliburton with 0 turnovers and +10 assists game is impressive
40 assists and 0 turnovers in his last three games!

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
40 assists and 0 turnovers in his last three games!
Waaaaah! Insane numbers. Definite all star, there aren't many pass first PGs in today's game other than Paul. Most are heavy scorers as well but it's good to see someone value making plays over getting your own shots, guys like Stockton, Kidd, Nash and CP3 are rare these days.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Sure. But is he as good as Sabonis? I doubt it.
To be fair it was a trade both teams benefited from, Kings did what they had to do and it seems like they may soon end their playoff drought. Fox and Haliburton was probably not going to work and they’d have not got anything for Fox last year (whereas he has been fantastic this season so far).

SinNombre

At the end of yesterday's game against the Wolves both Draymond Green and Steph Curry were given techs for stepping on the court during play. Draymond's it appeared was somewhat accidental and he argued that he wasn't interfering with play, he was just celebrating and the refs should let it go. He even made it out that the refs are legislating fun out of basketball. No! No! No! No! What Draymond did may have been unintentional, but the rules are clear. - celebrate all you like BUT stay off the court. As for Steph? If I was the league I'd fine him big for his transgression. Not only did he step on the court during play but he massively showed the refs up while doing it. That is bad news. Being a ref of any sport is hard enough already. Having one of the most prominent players in the league disrespecting officials is something the league definitely needs to take action on.
I don't know about that. The refereeing against Steph and the Warriors has been extremely poor all season - Mavs will be the 19th game in a row where the Warriors would have gotten fewer FTs.

At HT, in terms of FTs, Warriors 6 Mavs 19. Luka alone has gotten twice as many FTs as the entire Warriors team.

R'hllor

Really find it funny when refs call a travel, i mean the amount of travels, carries by point guards get ingnored, wouldnt be surprised shit gets even more a joke, dunno how its expected defender to defend when you cant count on rules to be applied.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I don't know about that. The refereeing against Steph and the Warriors has been extremely poor all season - Mavs will be the 19th game in a row where the Warriors would have gotten fewer FTs.

At HT, in terms of FTs, Warriors 6 Mavs 19. Luka alone has gotten twice as many FTs as the entire Warriors team.
The Dubs foul too much. Even they say so. Either way you don't disrespect officials. That should be a no no.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Celtics on a mission but it’s just the start of the season, so we will see.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
WTF was that. Up by 18 with 9 minutes to go and then hanging on for dear life at the end.

A win is a win I guess.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Very similar to last night. Get a big lead, lose focus and have to win it all over again. At least tonight it didn't get quite as close as last night.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Potential disgruntled star going on the market?

SinNombre

Lakers are turning things around with AD playing at MVP level. West is a bloodbath right now.

55 points and 17 rebounds for AD :eek:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
What a shambles that was. Pacers on the 2nd night of a back to back and the Dubs are the ones that got beat down the stretch.

Steph should stick to shooting from 90 feet because he couldn't hit water from a boat closer to the basket tonight.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I just don't know what to say about that. 13.3 seconds to go, a three point lead and the guy who led the league last year on the line for 2 free throws and you manage to lose.

Or a 4 point lead with 7 seconds to go and you manage to lose. Take your pick..

That was a clusterfeck of all clusterfecks.

SinNombre

Almost won at the Jazz without Steph, Dray and Wiggins and now beating the Celtics. Good bounceback from whatever happened against the Pacers.

Warriors are honestly one good rotation piece (like a 6th or 7th option) from championship contenders again. I hope we trade Wiseman while his recent G-league performances help raise his value.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Almost won at the Jazz without Steph, Dray and Wiggins and now beating the Celtics. Good bounceback from whatever happened against the Pacers.

Warriors are honestly one good rotation piece (like a 6th or 7th option) from championship contenders again. I hope we trade Wiseman while his recent G-league performances help raise his value.
I think you are underestimating the current roster as it stands. When they can be arsed the Dubs are still one of the best teams in the league.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Fair to treat Wiseman as a bust at this point?
Not sure. Everything I read tells me that it takes longer for a big man to acclimatize to playing in the NBA, plus the Dubs do play a more complex read option type of basketball.

Having said all that, I do wish he was further along than he seems to be.

SinNombre

I think you are underestimating the current roster as it stands. When they can be arsed the Dubs are still one of the best teams in the league.
Best starting 5 or 6. That means overplaying Steph to get a 5th or 6th seed at best and tiring him and the starters before the playoffs.

Good rotation piece would mean that the 2nd unit with Poole, Kuminga, Donte can be competitive and relied on.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Best starting 5 or 6. That means overplaying Steph to get a 5th or 6th seed at best and tiring him and the starters before the playoffs.

Good rotation piece would mean that the 2nd unit with Poole, Kuminga, Donte can be competitive and relied on.
Kuminga has really started to establish himself as the 7th guy and Donte the 8th. Now that Kerr has starting mixing the starting unit with the bench guys the non Curry minutes have vastly improved. I don't think the Dubs care too much about seeding since they've won a road game in their last 20 odd series. Even with their up and down play so far I still expect them to get a 3 or a 4 seed. A 3 was good enough last year.

RORY65

Kuminga has really started to establish himself as the 7th guy and Donte the 8th. Now that Kerr has starting mixing the starting unit with the bench guys the non Curry minutes have vastly improved. I don't think the Dubs care too much about seeding since they've won a road game in their last 20 odd series. Even with their up and down play so far I still expect them to get a 3 or a 4 seed. A 3 was good enough last year.
I think a replacement for Otto Porter as someone who could play the 4 or the 5 is what you guys will need. It's not going to work relying on Draymond, who had back problems last year which cost him much of the season and led to him looking bad in the play offs, and Looney alone to hold up alone as undersized bigs for the regular season and the post-season. If Wiseman isn't ready then he probably needs to be moved for a big wing/genuine big who can play proper minutes before the deadline.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I think a replacement for Otto Porter as someone who could play the 4 or the 5 is what you guys will need. It's not going to work relying on Draymond, who had back problems last year which cost him much of the season and led to him looking bad in the play offs, and Looney alone to hold up alone as undersized bigs for the regular season and the post-season. If Wiseman isn't ready then he probably needs to be moved for a big wing/genuine big who can play proper minutes before the deadline.
If they are going to make a trade the one I have brought up before is Wiseman for Poeltl. I think that could end up working out for both teams.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Fair to treat Wiseman as a bust at this point?
His biggest problem is that he’s clueless on how to play in an organised system where he’s expected to play a part instead of being allowed to do whatever he wants.

He’s so bad that even when he’s sent to the G-league, he’s still not even able to play well there. He needs a trade to a team where they run much simpler system so he can actually not be a liability.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Tough call on CP3 in OT vs Pels. I think he might have extended his legs ever so slightly, but he was falling backwards so your legs are automatically going to go in a forward direction. I think a no call would have been more appropriate.