NBA 2022-2023

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
With Jokic as hands down favorite for another MVP, he'd join quite an illustrious list of players having won it three times in a row: Bird, Wilt and Russell.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Lakers-Pelicans will already be aired nationally in the US on Saturday. Don't think James will score 89 points vs Indiana and the Pelicans, although it's certainly doable.

I hope he just misses it against OKC next week and then breaks it against Giannis at home.

Ladron de redcafe

Are they going to apologise for robbing the Celtics of the title in 2010 while we're at it?
It's extremely silly, isn't it? There no end to the number of calls that have gone in favor of the Lakers (or any top team) over the years. The meltdowns and public outrage over a call in a regular season game in which the team still had a chance to win in overtime was just silly.

Regarding your post, if we are going to list the instances in which the Lakers got favorable treatment, you'd start with the worst officiated game in nba history: game 6 of the 2002 playoffs when the Kings got robbed.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It's extremely silly, isn't it? There no end to the number of calls that have gone in favor of the Lakers (or any top team) over the years. The meltdowns and public outrage over a call in a regular season game in which the team still had a chance to win in overtime was just silly.

Regarding your post, if we are going to list the instances in which the Lakers got favorable treatment, you'd start with the worst officiated game in nba history: game 6 of the 2002 playoffs when the Kings got robbed.
This is an Aglo-centric forum and the difference between sport and entertainment has long gone in that environment, the model being exactly the NBA/NFL (how they are managed, sold, and viewed/bought worldwide), with the London 2012 Olympics acting as the definitive transition into “sportainment” for the UK.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

They did an extensive report on wrong calls in the last two minutes of games - think the outcome was 34 wrong/missed calls of which 13 went against us.

Still though, I'd understand if they don't blow the whistle for a questionable one or something like that. This was so very much blatant that you'd think they either (i) saw it but didn't call it because they didn't want to decide the game themselves on a whistle or (ii) they didn't see it and shouldn't be reffing another game in the league. It's literally as clear as day as it gets, a slap on the arm.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't what it is supposed to represent but :lol:.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
With Jokic as hands down favorite for another MVP, he'd join quite an illustrious list of players having won it three times in a row: Bird, Wilt and Russell.
Deservedly so. He's simply an incredible player, and now with Murray starting to look like his old self, plus Gordon having a career year, we are looking quite formidable.

Last edited:

Real Name

Complete meltdown by the Clippers in the last 3 minutes, havent scored a single point since they had 105-99 lead.

Real Name

And with Dončić close with his form its incredible 2 Europeans are 2 of the best players in the NBA. From time when Europeans were scarce in the NBA and on the fringes of action to this.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
And with Dončić close with his form its incredible 2 Europeans are 2 of the best players in the NBA. From time when Europeans were scarce in the NBA and on the fringes of action to this.
Giannis can easily make it 3 Europeans and with Embiid it's 4 international players.

Btw Lakers with a comeback win against Pacers, I'm telling you against any team in the West (bar Warriors) I'll favour a full strength Lakers. Championship experience is a big advantage the Lakers have that other teams (again bar GSW) don't have.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I think it's strange that Jalen Brunson didn't get selected for the All Star game. He carried the team on his back.

Real Name

Giannis can easily make it 3 Europeans and with Embiid it's 4 international players.

Btw Lakers with a comeback win against Pacers, I'm telling you against any team in the West (bar Warriors) I'll favour a full strength Lakers. Championship experience is a big advantage the Lakers have that other teams (again bar GSW) don't have.
Oh yes, forgot about Giannis.

JPRouve

Scout
I think it's strange that Jalen Brunson didn't get selected for the All Star game. He carried the team on his back.
Fox and Edwards didn't make it, so the absence of Brunson isn't that shocking.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Fox and Edwards didn't make it, so the absence of Brunson isn't that shocking.
Yeah no definitely not shocking, I phrased it wrong, I meant it more in regards to Randle being selected. I know they have to fill the forward spots and he's also having a good season but it feels weird to see him selected over JB considering JB is so much more important to the same team. I think I'd take him over Jrue but obviously the team record doesn't speak in his favor and two Knicks in the ASG wouldn't be deserved either. I agree on Fox, sucks for him the west is so stacked.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Is this the tightest the league has been in a long time? Almost half the teams are within 3 games off .500 either way, and there are literally 5 teams after 50+ games that don’t seem to be playing for the playoffs, and even then Orlando have been in good for for the last 35 games and are only undone by their bad start.

JPRouve

Scout
Kyrie wants to be traded, fine. Who wants to trade for that basket case?
I came for that. I kept seeing people create lineups with Irving as a Wolves. Then I see that he asked to be traded.:houllier:

Last edited:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Did Kyrie just wake up and decide it's been too long since he fecked with the Nets and then thought 'I should request a trade' :lol:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Let’s be honest, Lakers are his perfect fit and the reason he asked for a trade.

JPRouve

Scout
The one thing about this is that if there is no chance to extend DLO, it could open the door for a three way trade involving the Wolves, Brooklyn and an other team.

A silly one would be:

Timberwolves get Dinwiddie and Powell.
Mavericks get Irving
Nets get Russell and Naz Reid.

Sarni

The one thing about this is that if there is no chance to extend DLO, it could open the door for a three way trade involving the Wolves, Brooklyn and an other team.

A silly one would be:

Timberwolves get Dinwiddie and Powell.
Mavericks get Irving
Nets get Russell and Naz Reid.
Feels like a sideways move for Wolves and I don’t feel that Mavs will want to surround Luka with someone like Kyrie. For that matter I can’t see Kyrie going anywhere other than the Lakers.

JPRouve

Scout
Feels like a sideways move for Wolves and I don’t feel that Mavs will want to surround Luka with someone like Kyrie. For that matter I can’t see Kyrie going anywhere other than the Lakers.
It is a sideway move for the Wolves but one of the likely outcome is that they lose both players for nothing and also lose part of the cap space that Dlo currently uses.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Have seen rumors are interested but hopefully they don't go for him. Certainly not worth the personality issues that will inevitably develop. But Cuban could be blinded by having another star next to Doncic thinking it could propel them all the way.

Ladron de redcafe

Let’s be honest, Lakers are his perfect fit and the reason he asked for a trade.
Colin Cohwerd posited the notion that it's already been discussed by Kyrie and LeBron. LeBron has been desperate for the Lakers to make a movie and Jeanie has been reluctant. He could have feasibly spoken with Kyrie and told that only by demanding a trade could there be enough pressure on the LA front office to make a move that they've been trying to avoid making.

I don't think it will happen because I can't see Brooklyn accepting a Westbrook-centered package. But a team of LeBron, Davis, and Kyrie must be favourites for the title.

Zen

This forum is obsessed with Lakers winning the title this year :lol:

slored1

I'm a Mavs fan but cannot root for this human piece of garbage. Cuban is stupid to think this will work.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Glad he didn’t join the Lakers.

Mavs gave up way too much but can understand they wanna try and at least do something to put Luka in a position to win.

Sarni

Great deal for the Nets and an incredibly dumb and needless move by Dallas.