NBA 2022-2023

R'hllor

Or a few days ago about the Timberwolves:
Oh he is one of those i see.

This is just a snippet from his 2020 JJ interview:

I’m watching the playoffs this year and how they keep bringing Michael Porter Jr. into the ball screens. I just feel bad for him! I’m like, ‘Whatever I gotta do to not be this guy!’
Now he is that guy lul

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Oh he is one of those i see.

This is just a snippet from his 2020 JJ interview:

Now he is that guy lul
He has no self-awareness which seems to also be the case with KAT(he thinks that he is the Wolves present and that Edwards is only the future). The sad thing about Russell is that he is actually a good player, he has clear limitations which are 1v1 defense and game management, the ideal role for him is as the leading man for the second unit but he seems to believe that it's beneath him. Now I think that he is done, the Warriors wanted rid of him quickly, the Lakers have seemingly lost faith in him twice and the Wolves wanted rid of him last summer but couldn't find a taker.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Would you say the same thing about the Wolves outside of the first game, the Wolves were close in the 4th in all games.
eh, yeah, sure, outside of game 1 the other games were close. Nuggets won 3 of those though. Lakers have had 3 close games too and lost them all. So far only the suns gave them a series, and they got blown out 3 times
We’ll see, but Jeanie Buss is cheap and i don’t think they’ll pay to have this roster stick around.
She's on record saying keeping him is a priority. And it is. Again, we aren't replacing him with someone as good or better if we lose him

vangagal

Celtic. :lol:
And people tought they gonna steal a game in Miami?
Second row Joe better pack his bag after this series. Awful decision after decision.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
The top 3 teams in the East were supposed to be this year's powerhouses. The Heat have gone through these playoffs like a knife through butter.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Miami shoots like this they have a chance against anyone. Nuggets should destroy them though.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I don't even follow the sport but I wonder what tomorrow's probabilities will be considering teams are 0-147 when losing the first 3 in the playoffs.

ZDwyr

This makes Milwaukee's loss seem far more understandable. Particularly as Giannis was out/injured and Bud was coaching during a really rough time for him personally. It also highlights how bad the 76ers were.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I really want one of Jokic or Butler to win a ring so these results are excellent to me :D

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I don’t understand how the bookies got this series so so wrong. Heat were 1/8 to win before the series. I understand that they were 8 seed but the Celtics have hardly been impressive all playoffs so the gap wasn’t that big. Even before this game up 2-0 with two home games coming Heat were 8/15 to win while in most cases the team would be 1/8 or 1/10.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Nice little video too. Great player. I wonder what the Nuggets will do when Jokic retires. Will they retire both shirts together, or just Jokic since he will have stayed longer and likely have achieved more with the team.

massi83

Euroleague playoffs were fun. It is a shame that the best players and the best atmosphere are in different continents.

R'hllor

Looking at replies, i see only Knicks fans replying to it and maybe few from Portland. Not sure how Denver or its fans look at him today, last few interviews he tried to wash what happened in Denver, trying to say how didnt want to leave while saying that he wanted out lul. They also booed him few years ago vs Portland, so not sure he will get on their raft.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
So like, why are the Lakers doing so bad against the nuggets? And when did the nuggets become so good?

ExoduS

So like, why are the Lakers doing so bad against the nuggets? And when did the nuggets become so good?
Nuggets have been good for past 6-7 years. Consistent play off team with multiple first round wins. Made finals in the bubble with very young team and got stopped by Lakers who at the time had younger Bron and more in form Davis - also large guys Howard and McGee to guard Jokic and collect fouls.
Two seasons ago Nuggets lost to Suns without Murray. Last year they lost to Warriors without Murray and MPJ with Campazzo and Austin Rivers as starting guards!!! So Nuggets were consistently good for at least 6 years and organically they improved the team. Injuries to 2nd and 3rd best players prevented them from doing better last two years.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Can't ever count Lebron out, he has that Jordan aura that he can do the impossible. Denver should know this and not take game 4 lightly, Lakers would be bouyed by the fact that all three games were really close so it's not as if they are being outclassed, unlike the case with Boston.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Nuggets have been good for past 6-7 years. Consistent play off team with multiple first round wins. Made finals in the bubble with very young team and got stopped by Lakers who at the time had younger Bron and more in form Davis - also large guys Howard and McGee to guard Jokic and collect fouls.
Two seasons ago Nuggets lost to Suns without Murray. Last year they lost to Warriors without Murray and MPJ with Campazzo and Austin Rivers as starting guards!!! So Nuggets were consistently good for at least 6 years and organically they improved the team. Injuries to 2nd and 3rd best players prevented them from doing better last two years.
So it's a case of everything finally coming together at the right time?

Fair. Be rooting for them in the final if/when they make it.

R'hllor

Nuggets were always good just people who watched/followed them through years in a back would know that. There is such a good story behind it, trying to create certain style of basketball and culture.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
My very first 2k player was drafted to the nuggets when they had that light blue jersey.

Hated them and got traded to the nets as soon as possible :lol:

ExoduS

Can't ever count Lebron out, he has that Jordan aura that he can do the impossible. Denver should know this and not take game 4 lightly, Lakers would be bouyed by the fact that all three games were really close so it's not as if they are being outclassed, unlike the case with Boston.
Hahahahaha!!! Lebron has no aura. Great all around player and great game manager but that is about it. Was never even close to killer instinct of MJ and Kobe. Roamed around to create great teams and never participated in creation of a great team.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I don’t understand how the bookies got this series so so wrong. Heat were 1/8 to win before the series. I understand that they were 8 seed but the Celtics have hardly been impressive all playoffs so the gap wasn’t that big. Even before this game up 2-0 with two home games coming Heat were 8/15 to win while in most cases the team would be 1/8 or 1/10.
Am I reading this wrong? Because 1/8 would favor Miami whereas 8/1 would be Miami as the underdogs. That's wagering 800 to win 100 in 1/8 ratio. At least that's how I recall odds back in my sports gambling days circa 1998-2005.

Or is this another example of different structures between European to American?

Zen

Nah. he's just got them the wrong way round. But those odds are a bit insane whoevers actually giving them. Betfair and other exchanges had them at 5.7... so most actually bookies were likely offering 5/1.

Given that almost no one was predicting them to win, why would bookies be any different? Upsets happen.

PaulScholes99

What an incredible half LeBron just played. 31 points, 11/13 fg, 4/4 from downtown. Although i have no believe that the Lakers can turn this series around, this was a beautiful and historic half by the "old" man. 38 years and 31 points in the first half, can't believe it.

e: Wow, 6 minutes later and the 15 points lead is gone

Last edited:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
What an incredible half LeBron just played. 31 points, 11/13 fg, 4/4 from downtown. Although i have no believe that the Lakers can turn this series around, this was a beautiful and historic half by the "old" man. 38 years and 31 points in the first half, can't believe it.

e: Wow, 6 minutes later and the 15 points lead is gone
Yep. Not the biggest LeBron fan, but the guy is certainly playing his bollocks off in this one. If the Lakers go down, he's certainly leaving it all out there.

TheBest

SPNTBP
You have lebron going all out and ad the next superstar of the franchise resting. AD is great and all but he just isnt your championship guy.

Last edited:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Let Joel have his MVP. I'll just take a finals MVP instead.

Maybe......

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Jokic with a 14-12-28 average for the series. Now holds the record for the most post season triple doubles (8) with the finals still to play. Previous record was Wilt's, set all the way back in 1967.

Charlie Foley

Well done Denver! A wonderful team and the best in the west by far this year. Epic defence from Maple Curry on the last play.

Darvin Ham complaining about the refs is really something. And it is amazing how much of the focus is on LA from some of these announcers after Nuggets just made history.