NBA 2023-2024

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Terrible end to second quarter. Team seemed half asleep.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Woke up for the 3rd went back to sleep for the 4th. Disappointing loss but the 3rd quarter shows there is something to build on.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Two really nice games to set up the season, had a playoff feel to it as well. The Nuggets and Jokic just continued from where they finished last season, pretty much unfazed with all the noise before the game.

Prince (Lakers) and Nurkić both with impressive debuts for their teams looking at the new faces. In Nurkić case, a lack of great center on Warriors side helped, but it is obvious to see why the Suns went for him. Not only his rebounding/scoring, it is obvious that his screens will be a big part of the Sunse offense (no way Ayton would do the same happily carrying that role). On the other hand, teams will try to drag, isolate and attack him in the defensive phase which is something the Suns were probably already aware . The biggest worry is can he stay fit for the whole season, would be more careful about that and try to not overload him with too much minutes.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Fair to claim Lively outplayed Wembanyama?

Lively II - 31 min, 10 reb (5+5), 1 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 16 pts, +20 +/-
Wemby - 23 min, 5 reb (0+5), 2 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk, 15pts, 0 +/-

demetre

Fair to claim Lively outplayed Wembanyama?

Lively II - 31 min, 10 reb (5+5), 1 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 16 pts, +20 +/-
Wemby - 23 min, 5 reb (0+5), 2 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk, 15pts, 0 +/-
Well, they didn't play against each other. But Lively was really good in his role, Spurs had no answer for him in the 3rd quarter.
Wembanyama got himself benched with some reckless fouls (in attack), but otherwise I thought he was awesome. This is going to be an exciting season for Spurs. Especially if Pop will stick with Sochan as pg :lol:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Well, they didn't play against each other. But Lively was really good in his role, Spurs had no answer for him in the 3rd quarter.
Wembanyama got himself benched with some reckless fouls (in attack), but otherwise I thought he was awesome. This is going to be an exciting season for Spurs. Especially if Pop will stick with Sochan as pg :lol:
Interesting. They're both listed as centers, not even once they faced off?

Jim Beam

How did Stickman perform in his debut?
He was fine and looks like a nice fit with the rest of the team. There was one occasion which is all over networks where Drummond apparently "broke his ankles" with a crossover, but tbf to me it looked more like Chat awkwardly stepping and tripping himself. Both him and Wemby need to get a bit more strength (while getting accustomed to the league) as until then they will mostly rely on their outside shooting.

In other news, Dame time arrived in Milwaukee.

reelworld

Even though the Suns lost, I like that it's a close game until the fourth against a basically full strength Lakers team while Suns missing Booker and Beal.
Some kinks needs to be iron out, hopefully we'll see Beal, Booker and KD on the court soon enough

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Wemby getting superstar calls two games into his career is fecking wild man :lol:

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
"Oh Mama, Wembanyama" made me chuckle.

Doncic killed it with 49.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
That was way closer than it should have been, but an excellent win all the same. Steph is still firing on all cylinders even at 35.

Matched almost 10% of last years road wins all in one night.

Charlie Foley

That was way closer than it should have been, but an excellent win all the same. Steph is still firing on all cylinders even at 35.

Matched almost 10% of last years road wins all in one night.
We were sloppy down the stretch but a really good win. Steph is something else. Klay’s shooting was solid, and good to see Moody and Kuminga get good minutes

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I don’t understand why some people were writing off the Nuggets pre season, after 2 games they already look strong favourites for back to back titles.

mancan92

Wemby took over in that 4th quarter. When the Spurs actually learn how to play and get a PG he'll be truly unstoppable on the offense. Defense he's already a monster

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I don’t understand why some people were writing off the Nuggets pre season, after 2 games they already look strong favourites for back to back titles.
Are people writing them off? Seem to be always named when people talk about serious contenders

R'hllor

Not sure people writing them off, more like they aint count as favorites due history of X years of some team going back to back title, guess GSW is the last one.

Also last night was wild, Luka going mental + w/e that crazy 3 for the win, Chet and Wemby, Caruso with a steal and 3 for the win right after, Watson from Denver with 3 blocks in space of 10 sec, Jokic with in bound 3/4 count alley- oop, even casual mode with 9 TO. Wild stuff around NBA.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Perhaps, although, it's balanced out by that horrendous basket interference call on Wemby. Even Stevie Wonder could have seen that it clearly wasn't.
That was the only erroneous call against him that I can recall but he was allowed to foul with impunity the entire night and he got a couple of phantom calls to run salt in the wound.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I know it’s early days and he’s super young, also that rookies aren’t supposed to be good but Scoot has looked utter garbage so far.

R'hllor

Move Chet from Jokic in defense holy shit, if he was one of those who force, he could have 70 by now, Chet looked good on offense thou

Jim Beam

Funny thing is that Chet looked absolutely phenomenal on defense in his last game against the Cavs (7 blocks), but Jokić is, well, the best player in the league hands down.

A nice learning curve for young Chet if nothing.

R'hllor

Funny thing is that Chet looked absolutely phenomenal on defense in his last game against the Cavs (7 blocks), but Jokić is, well, the best player in the league hands down.

A nice learning curve for young Chet if nothing.
Absolutely, hope kid dodges injuries and he will have bright future imo, with right attitude

Jim Beam

Absolutely, hope kid dodges injuries and he will have bright future imo, with right attitude
Yep, agree, he looks like a really good prospect. His frame and injuries are a concern for me, especially because he doesn't shy away one bit from physical contact. He will have to add a bit of muscle, there were times today where Jokić just shrugged him off.

Nuggets enjoyed a nice afternoon walk.
Aye, was looking forward to this game but the Nuggets just ate them alive. Tbf, OKC being this young will go up and down a lot throughout the season and the Nuggets look great (even their bench is playing well).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Our second unit is getting decimated by the Warriors second unit. Our starters are doing a pretty decent job of going punch for punch with their starters.

Charlie Foley

Thank god for the dubs at least one team I like won. Klay shot well (14/24 over last 2 games, 50% from 3) to keep our starting unit ticking over until Steph took over and called game with 4 straight 3s in 90 seconds down the stretch. Draymond rusty as hell but our bench looked good especially GP2 and CP3 handled the ball really well. Need Wiggins to improve.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Thank god for the dubs at least one team I like won. Klay shot well (14/24 over last 2 games, 50% from 3) to keep our starting unit ticking over until Steph took over and called game with 4 straight 3s in 90 seconds down the stretch. Draymond rusty as hell but our bench looked good especially GP2 and CP3 handled the ball really well. Need Wiggins to improve.
Just watched the game on delay. If it wasn't for Steph we really would struggle. He seemed to be disinterested for most of the game and then when the Rockets came back to take the lead, he hits 4 straight 3s and the game is over

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

My fecking man right there, tells people they’re not fat enough