NBA 2023-2024

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I know it’s early days and he’s super young, also that rookies aren’t supposed to be good but Scoot has looked utter garbage so far.
Another garbage game from him. Good job we aren’t trying to win.

Charlie Foley

Another great win and another spectacular performance from Steph. We got great minutes from our bench again.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How the feck they got PJ Tucker too in a deal

Three more former Rockets players going to Philly. They must have at least 5 now. Are Daryl Morey and Ten Hag related? :lol:

Sarni

I think it's beginning of the end for Embiid in Philly. They will probably give it a try in 2024 free agency as they have avenues to open up max space but if they fail to land one of the big stars (not even sure who there is that could realistically go there), Embiid will ask for a trade.

Sarni

Is this a good deal for the Clippers?
Yes. They had way too many wings anyway and can replace them if needed pretty easily. Harden will help them immensely in the regular season which will allow them to rest Kawhi and PG even more frequently.

Real Name

Yes. They had way too many wings anyway and can replace them if needed pretty easily. Harden will help them immensely in the regular season which will allow them to rest Kawhi and PG even more frequently.
Whats Harden's situation health and injuries wise?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yes, they should celebrate the imminent departure of a disgruntled Embiid and the Sixers' return to The Process.
What was their choice here? Harden stinking the place for a whole year and choking again when it matters.

Also, they looked excellent at the start of the season and Maxey looks like he might explode into a superstar.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What was their choice here? Harden stinking the place for another year and choking again when it matters.

Also, they looked excellent at the start of the season and Maxey looks like he might explode into a superstar.
They should have been up front with him about what they planned to do. I suppose it worked in the end, as they got a mini haul of role players for him when they would have gotten nothing had they not lied/misled him to opt in. Morey created the hostile environment.

I do agree though, that Maxey has all the makings of a potential superstar but in the end, with Harden now gone, there's a ceiling to what Philly can achieve and it is much lower than what it was with Harden, even if his play-off track record is poor. Embiid will likely be on another team in 12-18 months.

Jim Beam

They should have been up front with him about what they planned to do. I suppose it worked in the end, as they got a mini haul of role players for him when they would have gotten nothing had they not lied/misled him to opt in. Morey created the hostile environment.
Agree with that. And not to fully shit on Harden, he can be a really good fit for the Clippers if Kawhi and PG can stay healty. I still don't believe in them as a championship team and don't think it got them much closer to the Nuggets for example, but he can make sure both of them get enough rest and he won't have to close out games come playoff if those 2 are on the floor. So, it might turn good (have my doubts though)

I do agree though, that Maxey has all the makings of a potential superstar but in the end, with Harden now gone, there's a ceiling to what Philly can achieve and it is much lower than what it was with Harden, even if his play-off track record is poor. Embiid will likely be on another team in 12-18 months.
I just didn't see a scenario where Harden stays (especially this season/with him wanting out) and they do achieve more than in previous seasons. Which would again lead to Embiid wanting out. This way they are betting on rest of the team raising their game and Maxey having the ball more in a perfect time for his development (all that with a better coach imo).

And aside from that, now they got picks and expiring contracts at the end of the season which gives them huge flexibility in the market to add one or two good players come the start of next season. Personally, this route looks to me like a much better one for a chance to keep Embiid. I think that even with this roster they could go past the 1st round of the playoffs which was probably limit with Harden as well.

massi83

It's pretty impressive from Ainge to built an NBA team, whose best passer is Kelly Olynyk.

R'hllor

Shit got wild, Brousard calling Harden retarded and Wildes making best meme face when he heard it

Rauður Djöfull

No Celtics fans here?

I just don't see any games any more with them all being late at night where I live and due to work but do hope I can catch some Celtics games this season

R'hllor

Hahha Filip Petrusev, comments are pure meme. Clippers X admin, Welcome to LA, few hours later he was traded to Kings for cash lul

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

RIP The General.

One of the greatest coaches in basketball ever. Three NCAA titles in 1976 (32-0), 1981, and 1987. His 32-0 team's record will last for another few decades -- though the previous 1975 team (35-1) was considered to be better if only not for an injury.

He was a mad genius. Motion Offence.

He was a stickler for the rules, a trait that kept his teams clear of NCAA violations. His insistence on his base salary not exceeding that of a regular professor at Indiana reflected his commitment to education and his principles. I think his graduation rate for his 4-year players was like 95%

He was there throughout my years at Bloomington including the chair incident. Attended a couple of his annual pre-season talks at the auditorium. Great speaker, captivating and smart as hell.

And I am assuming that he will be buried upside down.

Last edited:

sglowrider

RIP The General.

One of the greatest coaches in basketball ever. Three NCAA titles in 1976 (32-0), 1981, and 1987. His 32-0 team's record will last for another few decades -- though the previous 1975 team (35-1) was considered to be better if only not for an injury.

He was a stickler for the rules, a trait that kept his teams clear of NCAA violations. His insistence on his base salary not exceeding that of a regular professor at Indiana reflected his commitment to education and his principles. I think his graduation rate for his 4-year players was like 95%

He was there throughout my years at Bloomington including the chair incident. Attended a couple of his annual pre-season talks at the auditorium. Great speaker, captivating and smart as hell.

Something ETH can learn from:

Jim Beam

RIP The General.

Lovely read (and tribute). RIP

Something ETH can learn from:

:lol:

sglowrider

Same thing crossed my mind. Call me old, but I prefer the old way.
Now it's all fake virtue-signalling.

Think this Gen Z are the fakest bunch of kids coming up. No real honesty gets expressed for the fear of being shamed or ostracised. But then it seeps out in other passive-aggressive crap.

Skåre Willoch

No Celtics fans here?

I just don't see any games any more with them all being late at night where I live and due to work but do hope I can catch some Celtics games this season
Fellow Celtics fan here! The team is looking great so far, so the inevitable disappointment later on will be even more painfull