NBC - Possibly one of the best coverages of football?

FerociousCorgis

Every time I hear Spectrum I think of the Saturday Night Live skit they did a few months ago with Kieran Culkin.
See the problem is everyone wants their own little premium service. So yeah 5 bucks a month here isn't a big deal.... until you add it to the other 20 streaming services you have to get to watch all the content you want, all being like 5-10 bucks a month. It adds up

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Was it only me who could not watch todays game on tv. Peacock worked on my phone and laptop but did not show live option on my Samsung Tv.
I was able to see live option for Leicester match but not for ours.
Whenever there is a match on Peacock, often there always would be a problem.
Worked fine for me using Roku.

baskinginthesun

Peter Drury is a big upgrade. Just a much better commentator than Arlo “I can’t stop babbling for a moment” White. Le Saix and Dixon are okay, they have a good rapport, but neither has a particularly sophisticated understanding of the game and they don’t provide any particularly insightful analysis in game. More sort of lowest common denominator colour commentary, targeted towards an audience uneducated in football. It works for their coverage. For what it is it is decent enough. As the accessibility, technical quality of coverage, and price point is just superb.

In the studio, Rebecca Lowe is just a treasure. I think she knows more about the game than any of her usual panel pundits. Robbie Mustoe is awful, he’s just full of knee jerk populism, disguised an insightful analysis. But even then he’s better than Howard, who it is amazing to know that he played for nearly 20 years as a professional. He’s just an echo of Mustoe, and hardly ever puts forward an original thought. When he does, you can see why he doesn’t. Both are better that Kyle Martino, who has thankfully left.

If MBC could improve the quality of their pundits and mix up the colour commentators a bit - the Dixon/Le Saux schtik is way past it’s sell by date - they’d be in with a shout of having the best coverage on TV. Unfortunately they seems set in stone on Tim and Robbie, and have their usual “the two Robbies” show with Mustoe and Earle. The two blandest pundits imaginable. I’d love to see someone like Henry on the show - even thought he has a contract with CBS.
I was ok with Arlo when he was about. But, now that Drury is the main commentator I can see why Arlo is crap. I only got to hear Drury every now and then on the CL coverage.

I think the in studio analysis is by design more emotion than astuteness due to the commercial breaks. I feel they really don't have time to break stuff down analytically due to the short intervals that they're on screen. I think it works for the audience. But, I do agree that they tend to agree with each other and dont really offer a counter argument. Higgenbothem is better than all of them but, he's a bit emotionless and that might turn away viewers.

Rebecca Lowe is by far and away the best thing to happen to the PL in the US. I think she does put the boys to shame in her understanding and intelligence towards football. She really does carry that studio.