NBC - Possibly one of the best coverages of football?

mav_9me

so now you need to subscribe to at least 3 different provides to watch football in the US. I had cable only to watch PL now i am not sure
NBC/Peacock - PL
Carabao cup - No idea where
CL - TNT and univsion
FA Cup - ESPN 2

:rolleyes:
I'll put all the information here for anyone else.

Premier league - NBC/Peacock
Carabao cup & FA Cup - ESPN/ESPN+
Bundesliga & Series A - ESPN/ESPN+
LaLiga & Ligue 1 - Bein Sports
CL & Europa League - CBS sports
Copa del Rey & DFB polkal - ESPN/ESPN+ (this one I'm not 100% sure.

DeepSpace

Supports
ATL
College student here (which means I'm perpetually broke) and peacock works for me. Used to pay $25 for sling TV just for NBCSN, but now I can get most of the EPL for $5. The extra $20 will definitely go to the $1 beer nights :)
Sucks that it doesn't work with Roku (yet)

baskinginthesun

I’ve been casting to my TV thru the peacock app to google chrome, but the convenience of DVRing 4am start games on the west coast can’t be understated. Every year we keep getting screwed more and more.
I do the casting thing sometimes as well. However, I have one of those internet packages from Xfinity where they gave me a Flex box (basically a small piece of hardware that has preloaded all the available streaming apps, Peacock included) and the Premium service to Peacock. However, the one thing that bothers me is we still get ads on the Premium. I thought with the upgraded service it was supposed to be ad free. Fecking capitalistic America.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
However, the one thing that bothers me is we still get ads on the Premium. I thought with the upgraded service it was supposed to be ad free. Fecking capitalistic America.
Yah if you want ad-free peacock that’s an extra $5, making it $10/month. Early days but I find the app works pretty well, much more stable than say ESPN+ which often freezes for me. But nowhere near as convenient as cable/DVR.

Cantonagotmehere

Hoping the social media complaints get some traction, but I'd assume they are making more $$$ this way so I doubt anything changes. No pause, playback etc....until the replay completely sucks, of course not being able to DVR is even worse.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Just get da zone. 150 a year for every pl and cl game or 20 a month. Highlights and replays and zero spoilers on the app. Can use 3 devices.

FerociousCorgis

nothing but effing greed to move their games to peacock. Hopefully it was just them pushing peacock and rest are going back on regular nbcsn, because if not they will have just killed their market for epl here. Too many damn companies want to put out their streaming services. I would watch epl on nbcsn pretty much every weekend regularly, guarantee ill just try and find streams if they want to go the peacock route. Never signed up for gold either when they had it, but at least they rarely had games on that. When you already have to pay for a channel subscription, it is bullshit to expect a consumer to pay yet more on top of that for content you already pay for. Anybody who says stop complaining it is only 5 dollars more a month is just going to contribute to the problem and allow them to get greedier and greedier down the line. Next thing you know they will be charging us by the half and if you want to catch the second half of games you need to pay extra for that.

Velvet Revolver

I'll put all the information here for anyone else.

Premier league - NBC/Peacock
Carabao cup & FA Cup - ESPN/ESPN+
Bundesliga & Series A - ESPN/ESPN+
LaLiga & Ligue 1 - Bein Sports
CL & Europa League - CBS sports
Copa del Rey & DFB polkal - ESPN/ESPN+ (this one I'm not 100% sure.
Thanks, if only there was a service almost like cable where all these channels could be clubbed !

Chipper

Adulterer.
Anyone else think Danny Higginbotham is better than Tim Howard in the studio?
Quite a few people I would have thought. I don't really watch punditry myself but often have NBC streams on. Anyway, what I will say that whenever there's threads talking about good pundits Higginbotham's name often gets a mention. He seems to be one of the most respected slightly less famous ones.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Howard is shit. Has been shit since he started doing it while still playing.

Higginbotham is great though. Really miss him on MUTV. Loved him for the underage matches.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
NBC's whole Premier League production seems to be top notch, whenever I land on their stream. Has been for years.

Gazza

Obviously now it's on USA Network rather than NBC but it's the same coverage so I'm asking this here... what kind of partnership do NBC and Sky Sports have? I have seen in the past NBC using Sky's graphics and also the same pre/post-match interview coverage. But today Arlo White and Dixon and Le Saux are presenting from a studio with the Sky Sports News logo in the background. Curious.

Gazza

So Arlo White has departed NBC, replaced by Peter Drury

I wasn't a fan of Arlo White's commentary, I'm glad to hear the back of White's tiresome tendency to chase and force narratives on viewers and suffocate games by filling up every spare moment of a match with statistics.

It appears that the decision could be partly influenced by White signing up to commentate for that new Saudi-led golf tournament. He's apparently said a few things in commentary and in Twitter exchanges defending the Saudis which may have led to NBC wanting a change.

He seems to think he was wronged based on a couple of tweets about it

MarylandMUFan

Just wish they didn't move some many games to their Peacock streaming services. There was a time when all of the Premier League games were broadcasted on NBC and their partner channels, now it's just a few each weekend and the rest are streaming. I paid for it for the first month (the United game today was on Peacock) but if United continue to play like this, I will save myself $5 a month.

Precaution

Arlo was a bloody cringe monster along with Lee Dixon and Le Saux, Peter Drury is tons better, excellent for ITV and reminds me of classic FA Cup games

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Anyone else think Danny Higginbotham is better than Tim Howard in the studio?
Tim Howard is the most useless pundit ever. He is worse than Michael Owen. He just agrees with what the other person says and the time he tried to give a different opinion it’s just plain wrong and comes off as clueless.

baskinginthesun

Just wish they didn't move some many games to their Peacock streaming services. There was a time when all of the Premier League games were broadcasted on NBC and their partner channels, now it's just a few each weekend and the rest are streaming. I paid for it for the first month (the United game today was on Peacock) but if United continue to play like this, I will save myself $5 a month.
I have the opposite problem. I wish NBC would stick to one platform. It's annoying having to switch between Peacock and USA. If I had a choice I would say put it all on Peacock. But NBC is owned by Comcast so they're still trying to keep cable TV relevant.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Holy shit! I was wondering why Arlo wasn’t on commentary this weekend despite him tweeting throughout. He seemed to be a big star at NBC as well. I hadn’t even heard a peep about his departure.

His style was definitely pretty cringey and always seemed like he was talking through the game as though he was speaking to first time football watchers. But overall he was decent.

Peter Drury is in my opinion the very best lead commentator, though. So massive upgrade.

Conor

Are you complaining about having a 5 dollar a month streaming service that shows all of the PL games? You are in heaven mate :houllier:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I signed up Friday night for zero cost for a year trial basis through my Spectrum account. I will probably keep it next August when they begin charging $5/month.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Peter Drury is a big upgrade. Just a much better commentator than Arlo “I can’t stop babbling for a moment” White. Le Saix and Dixon are okay, they have a good rapport, but neither has a particularly sophisticated understanding of the game and they don’t provide any particularly insightful analysis in game. More sort of lowest common denominator colour commentary, targeted towards an audience uneducated in football. It works for their coverage. For what it is it is decent enough. As the accessibility, technical quality of coverage, and price point is just superb.

In the studio, Rebecca Lowe is just a treasure. I think she knows more about the game than any of her usual panel pundits. Robbie Mustoe is awful, he’s just full of knee jerk populism, disguised an insightful analysis. But even then he’s better than Howard, who it is amazing to know that he played for nearly 20 years as a professional. He’s just an echo of Mustoe, and hardly ever puts forward an original thought. When he does, you can see why he doesn’t. Both are better that Kyle Martino, who has thankfully left.

If MBC could improve the quality of their pundits and mix up the colour commentators a bit - the Dixon/Le Saux schtik is way past it’s sell by date - they’d be in with a shout of having the best coverage on TV. Unfortunately they seems set in stone on Tim and Robbie, and have their usual “the two Robbies” show with Mustoe and Earle. The two blandest pundits imaginable. I’d love to see someone like Henry on the show - even thought he has a contract with CBS.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Peter Drury is a big upgrade. Just a much better commentator than Arlo “I can’t stop babbling for a moment” White. Le Saix and Dixon are okay, they have a good rapport, but neither has a particularly sophisticated understanding of the game and they don’t provide any particularly insightful analysis in game. More sort of lowest common denominator colour commentary, targeted towards an audience uneducated in football. It works for their coverage. For what it is it is decent enough. As the accessibility, technical quality of coverage, and price point is just superb.

In the studio, Rebecca Lowe is just a treasure. I think she knows more about the game than any of her usual panel pundits. Robbie Mustoe is awful, he’s just full of knee jerk populism, disguised an insightful analysis. But even then he’s better than Howard, who it is amazing to know that he played for nearly 20 years as a professional. He’s just an echo of Mustoe, and hardly ever puts forward an original thought. When he does, you can see why he doesn’t. Both are better that Kyle Martino, who has thankfully left.

If MBC could improve the quality of their pundits and mix up the colour commentators a bit - the Dixon/Le Saux schtik is way past it’s sell by date - they’d be in with a shout of having the best coverage on TV. Unfortunately they seems set in stone on Tim and Robbie, and have their usual “the two Robbies” show with Mustoe and Earle. The two blandest pundits imaginable. I’d love to see someone like Henry on the show - even thought he has a contract with CBS.
Might be my Chelsea bias speaking but I disagree about Le Saux‘s lack of “sophisticated understanding” of the game. He’s very good at explaining the game from a players perspective. Lee Dixon I could take or leave.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Greedy fecks. Got the 4 month free trial then canceling after prob
Are they though? I remember the days of finding dodgy streams on Chinese websites, paying $20 for a game on ppv, etc. Every EPL game for $5 a month is a pittance.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I signed up Friday night for zero cost for a year trial basis through my Spectrum account. I will probably keep it next August when they begin charging $5/month.
Every time I hear Spectrum I think of the Saturday Night Live skit they did a few months ago with Kieran Culkin.

NewYorkRed

Its great coverage. If you have Youtube TV + Peacock you can pretty much watch every PL game. I was in the minority who didn’t like Arlo (he always made snarky comments about United too) so I’m happy to see the back of him. No a huge Le Saux fan either but he isn’t too bad.

The jokers at ESPN FC are literally insufferable, and no good at talking about football either. NBC puts both ESPN and fox to shame. Thankfully, the CL is now on TNT and that pannel is good too besides Carragher. Henry is always spot on, Richards is funny and its always great to see Schmeichel on TV.

I did like Sky’s coverage too when I was in the UK, but only saw a couple of games so not sure if they’re consistently great.

skc_18

Was it only me who could not watch todays game on tv. Peacock worked on my phone and laptop but did not show live option on my Samsung Tv.
I was able to see live option for Leicester match but not for ours.
Whenever there is a match on Peacock, often there always would be a problem.