NBC - Possibly one of the best coverages of football?

lex talionis

NBCSN does a great job of covering the PL. In-game commentary and well as Rebecca and "the two Robbies", very solid. The additional cost of $5 or whatever per month for Peacock (it comes with Xfinity for me) is well worth it for the additional matches.

peridigm

fecking crock of shit this Peacock service. I don't mind paying the $5/mo to see the games, I'd just rather be able to watch it on my TV and not a computer. I guess I'll have to sideload the app on my FireTV since they have yet to agree on terms with Amazon for an official app.

baskinginthesun

fecking crock of shit this Peacock service. I don't mind paying the $5/mo to see the games, I'd just rather be able to watch it on my TV and not a computer. I guess I'll have to sideload the app on my FireTV since they have yet to agree on terms with Amazon for an official app.
Million times better than the NBC Gold service. I agree it's a pain that it's streaming only but, at least the app is good.

mav_9me

I'm using it on Xbox. Everytime I start it for a few minutes there is a lot of frequent pixelation before it steadies. They need to do better. Looks like the app is going to come to roku soon.

forevrared

Generally speaking I think NBC's service has gotten worse every passing year. Stream quality, reliability, etc has all gone way downhill and they can feck off with the inability to truly go full screen without the stupid black bar around the edges.

Cantonagotmehere

I facking hate Peacock/NBC. I cannot record the games for the kids and me anymore. Not a lot of free time with the 4 kids, sports etc on the weekends...having the games on the DVR is huge. I hate it.

Carolina Red

Staff
Yes, it's a fecking disaster. Hate it. Pretty much the reason for the United performance, not the lack of a preseason.
I’m pissed. Cable is expensive enough. I don’t care that it’s just $5 a month... they literally showed every game on my cable subscription already before this. It’s not adding anything, it’s taking away. fecking bullshit

djd

I facking hate Peacock/NBC. I cannot record the games for the kids and me anymore. Not a lot of free time with the 4 kids, sports etc on the weekends...having the games on the DVR is huge. I hate it.
Aren't the games available on peacock as reruns. Thus no need to record?

Seemed that way last week, I'm away from home so can't check xfinity/peacock atm.

Carolina Red

Staff
Aren't the games available on peacock as reruns. Thus no need to record?

Seemed that way last week, I'm away from home so can't check xfinity/peacock atm.
But then you’ve gotta be in front of the TV for the re-run, right? A DVR you can watch whenever.

Either way, they’re billing it as some awesome sauce and really they’ve pulled tons of games off tv that they’ve just been showing in previous years. Bastards

Cantonagotmehere

But then you’ve gotta be in front of the TV for the re-run, right? A DVR you can watch whenever.

Either way, they’re billing it as some awesome sauce and really they’ve pulled tons of games off tv that they’ve just been showing in previous years. Bastards
Exactly. You lose the flexibility and I get it free so do not have to pay 2x like many for NBCsports and Peacock.

You can't go get beer, take a leak.....because you cannot rewind to watch anything.

Everyone I talk to hates it.

I know it does not matter, but I went to Twitter to complain, everyone there feels the same. And I don't know Twitter....

USREDEVIL

I'm not a big complainer but this Peacock app is bs. Now, all of the "free" networks are having these side apps which cost money. It's becoming more and more popular. Oh you want to watch the EPL? Oh yes it's on NBC, but only on premium peacock. FFS I'd take an ad or two if i can save a few bucks.

USREDEVIL

I haven't checked but i would hope they have the games available for a bit of time after showing them live . Only thing is you have to be careful to avoid seeing the score if it's not set up right. Hope they have a 'no spoilers' option. I'll check shortly because i record games regularly on DVR because they're so damn early. 4:30 a.m.? Riiiiight.

mav_9me

I’m pissed. Cable is expensive enough. I don’t care that it’s just $5 a month... they literally showed every game on my cable subscription already before this. It’s not adding anything, it’s taking away. fecking bullshit
This is the new paradigm. Every fukin channel has its own streaming service for 5-8$. Doesn't seem a lot but when you add all the streaming services ads up to 100$ or so. Guess what we are back to the same costs as bullshit dish TV or direct TV nonsense. I can afford it but it's nonsense. So many people can't.

Will need time for shakeout and consolidation before it gets better.

Supports
England
I dont get why America needs to have so many drug ads though.
Nobody does. Direct marketing of drugs to consumers is immoral because normal people don't have the wherewithal to verify the claims made. Every other Western country bans the practice, at least partly for the aforementioned reason, but it's just part of the US's vast Big Pharma complex.

(You can see why so many people with anti-psychiatry views live in America. I'd hate psychiatry too if I were subjected to drug ads 24/7, and I'm a neuroscientist. Hell, I do hate psychiatry in my own way -- mostly because it's a century behind almost every other area of medicine.)

USREDEVIL

This is the new paradigm. Every fukin channel has its own streaming service for 5-8$. Doesn't seem a lot but when you add all the streaming services ads up to 100$ or so. Guess what we are back to the same costs as bullshit dish TV or direct TV nonsense. I can afford it but it's nonsense. So many people can't.

Will need time for shakeout and consolidation before it gets better.
The real bitch is that you often now have cable AND the streaming services (maybe not a lot of them but still). I mean if I cut out the basic cable package, my overall cable/internet package cost doesn't move much. I'm getting real sick of it.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
So the Amazon Fire stick doesn’t carry this Peacock( sick of saying peacock) app. So my Apple Tv is too old to download it. Now I have it on my phone and mac but the airplay wont mirror the match on tv only the audio. This is a nightmare. Roku just signed up so I suppose I need to get that to watch this fecking app on tv.

thomas porter

I can't see how it makes more sense for NBC from a revenue perspective to have the games streaming on Peacock rather than on NBCSN or NBC. Advertisements have to worth a lot of $ and you are getting a lot more eyeballs if the game is on NBCSN than Peacock.

It also felt like they were building momentum in terms of casual sports fans here in the U.S. and have wrecked that with this constant streaming of the games.

peridigm

I can't see how it makes more sense for NBC from a revenue perspective to have the games streaming on Peacock rather than on NBCSN or NBC. Advertisements have to worth a lot of $ and you are getting a lot more eyeballs if the game is on NBCSN than Peacock.

It also felt like they were building momentum in terms of casual sports fans here in the U.S. and have wrecked that with this constant streaming of the games.
They’re going to kill it in the US if they continue with this stream only nonsense. Part of the reason the ratings were so high was due to broad exposure on standard cable and over the air TV. Hardcore fans will pay but they’re going to lose a lot of money. Although I’m questioning my decision to sign up after watching our season opener. Make me suffer.

mav_9me

So the Amazon Fire stick doesn’t carry this Peacock( sick of saying peacock) app. So my Apple Tv is too old to download it. Now I have it on my phone and mac but the airplay wont mirror the match on tv only the audio. This is a nightmare. Roku just signed up so I suppose I need to get that to watch this fecking app on tv.
Do you have Xbox or Playstation?

thomas porter

They’re going to kill it in the US if they continue with this stream only nonsense. Part of the reason the ratings were so high was due to broad exposure on standard cable and over the air TV. Hardcore fans will pay but they’re going to lose a lot of money. Although I’m questioning my decision to sign up after watching our season opener. Make me suffer.
Agree-hardcore fans will subscribe but casual fans won't hurting their viewership #'s.

I was at my friends for an outdoor game watch today for Chelsea vs. Liverpool and due to the lack of an APP we struggled to stream it and had to go old school with streaming it through a laptop/HDMI cord. Its a joke.

AsonUnique

From my understanding this was the weekend to push Peacock, most games will be back on NBCSN still. I downloaded the CBS app 30 day trial for Europa League and it was terrible.

I keep waiting for ESPN to put Bundesliga games on the ESPN or ESPN2 hate that they are all on ESPN+.

With all of these pay walls I guess I'll be pirating...

Mindhunter

NBC has signed a deal with Roku recently so the app will be in the Roku store soon. The stream quality on peacock isn’t great but it is what it is.

I watched the game on my laptop but I hope the Roku app is up quickly.

Velvet Revolver

so now you need to subscribe to at least 3 different provides to watch football in the US. I had cable only to watch PL now i am not sure
NBC/Peacock - PL
Carabao cup - No idea where
CL - TNT and univsion
FA Cup - ESPN 2

:rolleyes:

Carolina Red

Staff
From my understanding this was the weekend to push Peacock, most games will be back on NBCSN still. I downloaded the CBS app 30 day trial for Europa League and it was terrible.

I keep waiting for ESPN to put Bundesliga games on the ESPN or ESPN2 hate that they are all on ESPN+.

With all of these pay walls I guess I'll be pirating...
So the Bundesliga is behind a goddamned paywall too???

Well, BeIN sports it is. Looks like I’m gonna become really well acquainted with LaLiga

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
so now you need to subscribe to at least 3 different provides to watch football in the US. I had cable only to watch PL now i am not sure
NBC/Peacock - PL
CL - TNT and univsion
FA Cup - ESPN 2

Precisely this. You already need a subscription to watch NBC and you got to pay additional 4.99 to watch this peacock. Wtf.

Seems like their NBC gold didn't get enough subscription.

AsonUnique

So the Bundesliga is behind a goddamned paywall too???

Well, BeIN sports it is. Looks like I’m gonna become really well acquainted with LaLiga
Yep enjoyed it on Fox but is on ESPN+ for the next 5-6 years. Hoping they at least put some big games on ESPN or ESPN2. Would be huge to get some casual fans watching.

Carolina Red

Staff
Yep enjoyed it on Fox but is on ESPN+ for the next 5-6 years. Hoping they at least put some big games on ESPN or ESPN2. Would be huge to get some casual fans watching.
I always watched the BuLi on Fox. I enjoy the pace of the German game and was a casual “fan” of Gladbach whenever they were on. feckKKKKK 2020

peridigm

NBC/Peacock - PL
CL - TNT and univsion
FA Cup - ESPN 2

CL is on CBS now. TNT was an abomination for the CL, almost as bad as Fox Sports and Fox Soccer and that was a dedicated soccer channel. When Fox appointed that american baseball announcer for marque games it made my ears bleed. I subscibed to Peacock to watch United. I won't catch as many of the other games. The great thing about it being on cable was turning any game on and watching or listening passively while doing something productive. I won't go through the trouble of turning on a stream to do that.

I don't care about the domestic cups enough to pay for streaming and I don't watch any other sport. I'll find stream on reddit if it's a good tie. One thing is certain, NBC has lost a lot of viewers over this.

Edit: for anyone wondering about how to get Peacock on an Amazon Fire device, it's very easy to side load apps now. Google it and you'll find a page with easy to follow instructions. No more PC apps that you need to connect to the device on your network and downloading the APK from sketchy sites. You basically download the "downloader" app, relax a security setting in the developer settings, and then download the APK from a media share link. All from the FireTV/stick itself. Sounds sketchy but it's legit.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Do you have Xbox or Playstation?
I'm too old for games. My son took that tech to college 3 years ago. I ordered the damm Roku stick. Just such a hassle to watch a match these days. I remember reading results a week later in the NY Times in the 80's so I shouldn't moan too much but NBC had a great thing going and now this. I really feel bad for older people than me who are not tech savvy and now have to scramble. My mother called me today from FLA asking about Peacock and efn Roku and streaming. It was like a bad Progressive commercial trying to explain the procedures to just get a match to come on her TV let alone an Iphone that she doesn't know how to use.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
CL is on CBS now. TNT was an abomination for the CL, almost as bad as Fox Sports and Fox Soccer and that was a dedicated soccer channel. When Fox appointed that american baseball announcer for marque games it made my ears bleed. I subscibed to Peacock to watch United. I won't catch as many of the other games. The great thing about it being on cable was turning any game on and watching or listening passively while doing something productive. I won't go through the trouble of turning on a stream to do that.

I don't care about the domestic cups enough to pay for streaming and I don't watch any other sport. I'll find stream on reddit if it's a good tie. One thing is certain, NBC has lost a lot of viewers over this.

Edit: for anyone wondering about how to get Peacock on an Amazon Fire device, it's very easy to side load apps now. Google it and you'll find a page with easy to follow instructions. No more PC apps that you need to connect to the device on your network and downloading the APK from sketchy sites. You basically download the "downloader" app, relax a security setting in the developer settings, and then download the APK from a media share link. All from the FireTV/stick itself. Sounds sketchy but it's legit.
I downloaded airplay on amazon and yes it let's me watch Peacock but the live games and replays specifically for the PL doesn't show video only audio. The highlights work but that's about it. I cannot figure it out hence the Roku ordered and delivered by Tuesday.

AsonUnique

I always watched the BuLi on Fox. I enjoy the pace of the German game and was a casual “fan” of Gladbach whenever they were on. feckKKKKK 2020
Same here, enjoy watching Dortmund and RB Leipzig when they were on. ESPN did the same thing with Serie A, it's stuck on ESPN+, they usually show one or two games a week on ESPN2 or ESPN News but the matchups are awful, they rarely show Inter, Milan, Napoli or Juve.

Carolina Red

Staff
Same here, enjoy watching Dortmund and RB Leipzig when they were on. ESPN did the same thing with Serie A, it's stuck on ESPN+, they usually show one or two games a week on ESPN2 or ESPN News but the matchups are awful, they rarely show Inter, Milan, Napoli or Juve.
So true. I remember seeing that Serie A got picked I up by ESPN and being optimistic - I used to watch it on Fox (I think) years ago when I first started dating my wife - only to have it dashed to bits by that ESPN+ crap

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I’ve been casting to my TV thru the peacock app to google chrome, but the convenience of DVRing 4am start games on the west coast can’t be understated. Every year we keep getting screwed more and more.

AsonUnique

So true. I remember seeing that Serie A got picked I up by ESPN and being optimistic - I used to watch it on Fox (I think) years ago when I first started dating my wife - only to have it dashed to bits by that ESPN+ crap
I have been on the fence about Disney Plus for my little one. They have a bundle that is $13 a month for Disney, ESPN+ and Hulu. This might be the only way I go for it. After Europa on CBS and Peacock this weekend I might just keep to my couple of "free sites" for streams. On principle I feel like I just can't after already paying for cable.