NBC - Possibly one of the best coverages of football?

criticalanalysis

The crew at NBC do tend to have good research and quotes to go with the match. Arlo seems to always throw a fact or figure out for Lee and Graeme to discuss in the match which is good when there is a lull or it's a bit of a bore.

I agree the Sky and BT lot can be a bit boring when they drone on about something. It's a bit tedious, especially when they are trying to fill the time.

The NBC in studio crew are quick and too the point quickly because they may only have a 2 or 3 minute window before a break. I think it makes their analysis sharper and more entertaining because of it.
Yes that's precisely it. Their slots, questions, commentary and 'filler' times have a purpose. As I said it's not wildly in-depth but enough to interesting and more entertaining that the UK coverage.

Twisted Nerve

The only person I can tolerate in that bunch is Robbie Earle. The rest of them.... Not so much

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Sorry mods if this is the wrong thread and feel free to move this elsewhere.

Anyone else annoyed that certain games are only available on Peacock this season? Looks like Spurs vs Everton on Sunday and the Chelsea match on Monday are only on Peacock. Can imagine quite a few United matches will be on Peacock this season. Those who like watching matches on tv will need to use Chromecast (Peacock doesn't work with Roku or Firesticks). I think it's still free, but there's some ads unless you buy the premium tier. I have a Chromecast so I can't complain too much, but it just seems like every year viewers get shafted just a little more. Nothing's easier than just watching shit on tv rather than having to stream and cast.

Can see a time coming very soon where all PL action will only be available via streaming. Just a few years ago, every PL match was available live on various NBC networks in the US. Then came NBC Sports Gold, but you could still catch the most interesting matches on NBCSN and NBC. :(

NM

Anyone else annoyed that certain games are only available on Peacock this season? Looks like Spurs vs Everton on Sunday and the Chelsea match on Monday are only on Peacock. Can imagine quite a few United matches will be on Peacock this season. Those who like watching matches on tv will need to use Chromecast (Peacock doesn't work with Roku or Firesticks). I think it's still free, but there's some ads unless you buy the premium tier. I have a Chromecast so I can't complain too much, but it just seems like every year viewers get shafted just a little more. Nothing's easier than just watching shit on tv rather than having to stream and cast.

Can see a time coming very soon where all PL action will only be available via streaming. Just a few years ago, every PL match was available live on various NBC networks in the US. Then came NBC Sports Gold, but you could still catch the most interesting matches on NBCSN and NBC. :(
Yeah it's gone to shit. It will soon be like the UK with some netoworks having some games.

At that point all of us will go back to the usual waterways as this isn't sustainable, just like cable tv wasn't.

Inter Yer Nan

What’s Peacock?

I was pissed off a few years back when they started sending games to NBC Gold and the first United game on it (of three)it didn’t even work. $50 down the drain.

Man of Leisure

What’s Peacock?

I was pissed off a few years back when they started sending games to NBC Gold and the first United game on it (of three)it didn’t even work. $50 down the drain.
NBC’s new streaming service. Basically going to replace NBC Sports Gold I think. As far as I could tell, it’s free.

NM

NBC’s new streaming service. Basically going to replace NBC Sports Gold I think. As far as I could tell, it’s free.
Not its not. Some is free. The epl etc. is on the $6 / month and for ALL the epl games its $60 or something. BS. I'm going back to rivers

Precaution

So NBC's coverage is great but they give too much time to ITV old boys like Townsend and Earle and the Two Earle's is annoying as feck, Robbie's voice is just irritating and he was crap on that failed ITV MOTD replacement.

However I was kinda disappointed as I warmed upto him but Kyle Martino left NBCs coverage, interesting to see who replaces him

baskinginthesun

Just another avenue for NBC/Comcast to fleece you. They offer the same product over 3 different services now. In order to watch the PL you need a cable subscription upgraded to include NBCSN, an NBC PL Pass and now an NBC Peacock account. Why not just offer it one place or leave the cable subscription and one streaming service

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Just a few years ago, every PL match was available live on various NBC networks in the US. Then came NBC Sports Gold, but you could still catch the most interesting matches on NBCSN and NBC. :(
NBC have set us up. The Gold games used to be nothing games but the Peacock ones seem to be the most important. Lfc/ Arsenal. Lfc/Chelsea are on the schedule in the first month which I am going to be forced to efn pay. Nbc has really shafted everyone on this.

Man of Leisure

So NBC's coverage is great but they give too much time to ITV old boys like Townsend and Earle and the Two Earle's is annoying as feck, Robbie's voice is just irritating and he was crap on that failed ITV MOTD replacement.

However I was kinda disappointed as I warmed upto him but Kyle Martino left NBCs coverage, interesting to see who replaces him
Apparently it's Tim Howard

Man of Leisure

NBC have set us up. The Gold games used to be nothing games but the Peacock ones seem to be the most important. Lfc/ Arsenal. Lfc/Chelsea are on the schedule in the first month which I am going to be forced to efn pay. Nbc has really shafted everyone on this.
Where can you find which games are going to be on regular Peacock vs premium? I'm on the Peacock site and it shows which ones are premium for this weekend's games with the little logo on the top left of premium broadcasts, but not seeing how you could see what the first month's schedule is?

baskinginthesun

Where can you find which games are going to be on regular Peacock vs premium? I'm on the Peacock site and it shows which ones are premium for this weekend's games with the little logo on the top left of premium broadcasts, but not seeing how you could see what the first month's schedule is?
Well, if they do it the same way as Gold was, you will only know the next couple of weeks. Probably a way to make you pay for premium.

NM

Liverpool vs Leeds not on TV in the States. Coverage has become shit!
I left Youtube TV and will now be leaving Sling soon. It's a joke

Man of Leisure

Doesn't Howard have Tourettes?

I'm not judging, just imagine that's very rare among commentators
He does, but I think it’s a mild case and I’ve never noticed him having tics or anything. I remember he first started doing punditry on his days off during his Everton career with NBCSN.

I find him to be a bit of a knob, but hiring him to replace Martino makes sense in that he’s American, had a long PL career and relatively younger than Earle and Mustoe. Prolly doesn’t hurt that he’s black either.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Liverpool vs Leeds not on TV in the States. Coverage has become shit!
I left Youtube TV and will now be leaving Sling soon. It's a joke
Same for me. We also dropped YouTube after the price hike and switched to Sling. It’s on NBC, but Sling doesn’t have local channels and we are in an antenna dead zone. Really frustrating.

Gazza

Peacock Premium is only $5 a month with ads. I am really tempted. Having said that, rivers are flowing pretty well these days so I might choose to remain a tight bastard.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Well, if they do it the same way as Gold was, you will only know the next couple of weeks. Probably a way to make you pay for premium.
I dont think any matches are on Peacock, only peackock premium.

NM

Same for me. We also dropped YouTube after the price hike and switched to Sling. It’s on NBC, but Sling doesn’t have local channels and we are in an antenna dead zone. Really frustrating.
I just signed up for the 3 month package with the antenna and recording box thrown in for free... so once it gets done im going to cancel sling and keep the antenna and box..
Didn't like the fubo interface so not going there. Rivers it will be!

djd

Peacock Premium is only $5 a month with ads. I am really tempted. Having said that, rivers are flowing pretty well these days so I might choose to remain a tight bastard.
It's free with Xfinity tv & internet.

Man of Leisure

I’ll prolly cave and cough up the $50.
I dont think any matches are on Peacock, only peackock premium.
Yup came to this conclusion too. Only PL highlights I think on regular peacock.
It's free with Xfinity tv & internet.
Apparently also free with Cox

Shimo

Bloody hell - didn't realize they were putting less games on actual television. NBSCN showing Arsenal / West Ham women's game while Spurs / Everton is online only.

NM

Bloody hell - didn't realize they were putting less games on actual television. NBSCN showing Arsenal / West Ham women's game while Spurs / Everton is online only.
They are encouraging going back to rivers

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
They are encouraging going back to rivers
I caved and canceled Sling and re-upped with YouTubeTV. The proverbial straw was being unable to watch the Packers. Now need to figure out how to stream Peacock since NBC is at war with Roku. Sigh.

NM

I caved and canceled Sling and re-upped with YouTubeTV. The proverbial straw was being unable to watch the Packers. Now need to figure out how to stream Peacock since NBC is at war with Roku. Sigh.
Youtube TV isn't going to help with Peacock. If it had it i would probably stay.