Ndombele Wants To Leave Spurs.

redshaw

The timing wasn't good when joining Spurs, just after the CL final loss. The bad league form continued into the new season and Poch was sacked, the guy who talked him into going there months before. Spurs reached the peak before he joined, it was fairly clear by Poch's comments around the CL that it was the end for him at Spurs, the big signing and backing was too late to matter. I could understand him being completely disillusioned and unconnected, it's a completely different environment and path to what he thought.

Of course one can choose to make the best of the situation

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Summat fishy about these Ligue 1 midfielders, particularly Lyon ones lately. Those reports of Aulas wanting rid of their attitude can't be far from wrong. Looks like we defintely dodged a bullet not signing Fekir in the end. Never hear much of him these days with Betis, and it makes you wonder why clubs are reluctant to sign Aouar at the minute not matter how much Lyon are lower the price. Arsenal seem to the ones heavily linked but their desperate, and have easily bought into the hype before having a free run at players which the big clubs decide not to be in for ( Partey)
Good marketing machine

golden_blunder

Staff
The timing wasn't good when joining Spurs, just after the CL final loss. The bad league form continued into the new season and Poch was sacked, the guy who talked him into going there months before. Spurs reached the peak before he joined, it was fairly clear by Poch's comments around the CL that it was the end for him at Spurs, the big signing and backing was too late to matter. I could understand him being completely disillusioned and unconnected, it's a completely different environment and path to what he thought.

Of course one can choose to make the best of the situation
That’s all the risk of being a professional footballer though isn’t it? He can’t use that excuse.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Why has he been frozen out but not Kane who has arguably behaved even worse?
He's frozen himself out, doesn't want to play.

Also came back unfit again - and by unfit what I really mean is, fat.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Seems either injured or unfit 90% of the time. Then when he is fit, he jogs around and doesnt do a lot outside of one or two absolutely incredible pieces of skill that end up on a youtube compilation. Might get away with it in a league that is not as intense, but you cannot have passengers in the PL. I recall De Bruyne running past him like he was a training cone and he just gave up, started jogging back like "that is now someone else's problem to deal with".

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Seems either injured or unfit 90% of the time. Then when he is fit, he jogs around and doesnt do a lot outside of one or two absolutely incredible pieces of skill that end up on a youtube compilation. Might get away with it in a league that is not as intense, but you cannot have passengers in the PL. I recall De Bruyne running past him like he was a training cone and he just gave up, started jogging back like "that is now someone else's problem to deal with".
This the Ndombele or Martial thread?

Teja

Looks lively today, maybe the beginning of a turnaround?

crossy1686

career ending
Unless it’s the next Essien or Drogba, we really should be careful about signing players from the French league. Who was the last player to be a huge success from there? And I’m not talking about Pogba who was lifted when he was 16 and played for our reserves, I’m talking Pepe.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Unless it’s the next Essien or Drogba, we really should be careful about signing players from the French league. Who was the last player to be a huge success from there? And I’m not talking about Pogba who was lifted when he was 16 and played for our reserves, I’m talking Pepe.
“Huge success” is relative, but there’s plenty of good signings from that league. Kante, Bernardo, Tielemans, Fabinho, Fofana, E. Mendy, Raphinha, Bissouma, Saint Maximin, Martial…

Like any league, there’s successes and there’s poor signings. It’s not normally ever the league, it’s more the profile of player and whether he fits the team he’s joining. Ndombele for instance isn’t shit, he’s got great technical ability, he is just a lazy bastard who needs a free role in midfield.

reddevilchennai

Eden Hazard

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What! EPL clubs have had a lot of success signing players from the French league.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just as some people say there is an "English Hype" -

This is just one of the/ex "hyped French ones."

No thanks.

Nick7

That’s pretty funny tbh. I haven’t looked too much into it, but since Leicester won the league, every champion since have all had ex-Ligue 1 players involved. Mahrez, Kante, Bernardo Silva, and Fabinho off the top of my head. I’m sure there were a couple more.

Abraxas

I don't really see a pattern from the French league. It's not just the top clubs either, guys like Bissouma are picked up for pennies from that league and become superb PL players. So they supply players at all levels. You can get good or bad players from there.

The only thing close to a guarantee is buying from the PL but with regards to the rest the French league is as good as anywhere else.

This guy just hasn't been up to it. A very good ball player but that's it, nothing else to be a top PL player.

jesperjaap

i truly hope so. ITs sad to see players that talented waste their gifts
I agree. Does seem from press and otehr stories the attitude may be a problem. I think he is a huge talent and could be a big player anywhere if he can get his mind right and develop a little more as he has it all ability wise.

jesperjaap

Have you been in a coma for the last decade or so?

Chelsea just won the champions league and they have Azpilcueta and Kante who both have come to the premiership from the French league and been fantastic players. They also had Hazard.
We have signed two very old players ourselves who have both been excellent in Ibrahimovic and Cavani. Liverpool have Fabinho, City have Silva and Mahrez who was instrumental in Leciester winning a premiership title as well. All have been really good players within the top four clubs then you can add the likes of Hugo Lloris, Fofana, Saint-Maxim off the top of my head. These are all current players in the league doing really well without even mentioning the likes of Eden Hazard .

There have been a lot of flops (Arsenal not been doing well post Wenger signign French league players), but ability and value wise I dont think we should be careful at all, should be more active in fact, there are loads of really exciting players in that league.One jsut moved there we were linekd with Suleymena I expect to hear a lot more of over the next season or two, he looks a real talent from watching them a couple of times this year

lysglimt

Scout
Ndombele always look knackered after 55-60 minutes...in every single game. To risk money on him is not worth it

dinostar77

Tabloid story linking ndombele to us in a straight swap for Martial. Dont think it has any substance. We'd be getting rid of martial and buying the french midfield version of him.

Theres a talent in ndombele, but if mourinho cant get him to shape up then hes a lost cause.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
:lol:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Tabloid story linking ndombele to us in a straight swap for Martial. Dont think it has any substance. We'd be getting rid of martial and buying the french midfield version of him.

Theres a talent in ndombele, but if mourinho cant get him to shape up then hes a lost cause.
I'd take that in an instant.

acnumber9

He’s got all Paul Pogba’s faults only they’re much greater and nowhere near the talent. Nobody at Old Trafford is stupid enough to do that deal.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
How many comebacks into the Spurs team is this now? He’s obviously talented enough for them to persevere with and coaches to single him out to try and improve him but that must be because he isn’t motivated or consistent enough. He could be a terrible buy or it could be an inspired pick up at a cheap price. That’s what scouts are for! If it was me I wouldn’t but he looked a top player in the CL a few years back. So many players like that knocking around who have stagnated for one reason or another though. Sometimes these broken toy transfers work out well. Gini and Henderson weren’t exactly being chased by the top clubs…

dinostar77

How many comebacks into the Spurs team is this now? He’s obviously talented enough for them to persevere with and coaches to single him out to try and improve him but that must be because he isn’t motivated or consistent enough. He could be a terrible buy or it could be an inspired pick up at a cheap price. That’s what scouts are for! If it was me I wouldn’t but he looked a top player in the CL a few years back. So many players like that knocking around who have stagnated for one reason or another though. Sometimes these broken toy transfers work out well. Gini and Henderson weren’t exactly being chased by the top clubs…
Your not wrong. Right club, right manager and right environment and players can flourish.

The story probably appeared in a tabloid as Utd scouts are most likely doing their due diligence on a number of players as an alternative to Pogba. That's their job. Despite Pogba's faults, he has a physical presence in midfield, hes tall and strong on the ball. We'd lose that plus his range of passing ability and it's not easily replaced. Ndombele has the physical presence and strength plus passing ability (not to the same range or quality as pogba). But it makes sense scouts would have a look.

Theres a star footballer in him if someone can get him to perform. However how often has that been said in regards to mercurial talents before?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Allan Saint-Maxime is pretty good

redshaw

We could do with him to rotate with McTom and Fred. Depends if Donny manages to show he's capable. Feels more like a Journo putting 2 and 2 together, Martial was linked with them before and we need a midfielder. He was a star performer in the CL a few years ago, we really could do with that player to improve our midfield. Is he missing France, is it Spurs or London or something else. I've said before I can understand him being disillusioned, the Spurs he joined is very far off that now, Poch talked him into going apparently and it all collapsed within months.

There was another story linking us with Kessie. We'll be linked with a lot.

dinostar77

Not suprised with kessie link. Without Pogba we have a small and physically weak midfield apart from mctominay. If Utd did bring in Rice, hes hardly a powerhouse himself.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He's basically Pogba with a lower ceiling. It makes absolutely no sense if Pogba is staying and makes very little sense if he's going as well — why not use that chance to create a balanced a midfield instead of buying a lesser talented player who will present the same tactical issues as Pogba does.

jesperjaap

Personally I still rate Ndombele highly. Wonder what goes on behind the scenes or on the trainign ground as he hasnt been given so many opportunities though that looks liek it may change this season.

I disagree with you though. he went to SPurs for a big fee and this is Levy we are talkign about. I would steer clear for the simple reason I dont think he would be cheap, otherwise I think he could be a very good signing if it was alongsidea more defensive minded cm. As it is personally now we havent signed a midfielder when we should have signed two....I would like to see Hannibal get opportunities to see how ready he is before deciding what we do in the market. We need to sign a cm whether he breaks through or not and whether Pogba stays or not. But potentially this summer we coould/should see Fred and Matic move on and if he doesnt play VDB AND Pogba leaving on a free....there is the possible scenario our only midfield options are Garner, Hannibal and McTominay next summer so we actually may need to sign three midfielders next summer

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Personally I still rate Ndombele highly. Wonder what goes on behind the scenes or on the trainign ground as he hasnt been given so many opportunities though that looks liek it may change this season.

I disagree with you though. he went to SPurs for a big fee and this is Levy we are talkign about. I would steer clear for the simple reason I dont think he would be cheap, otherwise I think he could be a very good signing if it was alongsidea more defensive minded cm. As it is personally now we havent signed a midfielder when we should have signed two....I would like to see Hannibal get opportunities to see how ready he is before deciding what we do in the market. We need to sign a cm whether he breaks through or not and whether Pogba stays or not. But potentially this summer we coould/should see Fred and Matic move on and if he doesnt play VDB AND Pogba leaving on a free....there is the possible scenario our only midfield options are Garner, Hannibal and McTominay next summer so we actually may need to sign three midfielders next summer
Our midfield now is such a mishmash mess that even Stephen Hawking probably couldn’t have figured it out. I don’t agree that Hannibal Garner and McT would be the 3 best players left behind though. If they were that good they would be part of the conversation this season. I don’t rate McT. He’s an ok all rounder. He’s a squad player. Pogba? We could and probably will write a book about why we didn’t get the best out of him. It’s just bad recruitment probably even starting with Pogba to be honest, especially if we wanted him to be a box to box…

golden_blunder

Staff

We won’t be selling Fred in my opinion. Especially if Pogba leaves as we will leave ourselves short.

I think the plan was sign 1 midfielder, possibly a RB and have a try for Haaland.

i think we need 2 midfielders, 1 more defensive minded and 1 more creative. But they also have to be players who are balanced unlike Pogba who unbalances them in my opinion

acnumber9

Anybody who would seriously consider this idea should be watching this game.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s a very talented player but seems to have attitude issues (2 managers have had issues with him)

he’s also not a DM, if we look at a midfielder it’s imperative that it’s a DM.