Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Agreed. I'd just say feck it and play Herrera and Tuanzabe in CM against Benfica. Don't think there are any other options?
Herrera will need rest as well since he will be busy doing a Hazard against Chelsea next weekend.

Perhaps a 60\40 split in minutes between Herrera and Matic, with McTominay playing the full match.

SirAF

Ageist
Herrera will need rest as well since he will be busy doing a Hazard against Chelsea next weekend.

Perhaps a 60\40 split in minutes between Herrera and Matic, with McTominay playing the full match.
Forgot about him, Jesus. Yes.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was all over the pitch, hopefully Pogba and Fellaini will be back playing alongside him soon.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wtf are some of the comments above about him not playing well? He was immense today and the stats prove it.

Only second behind Young for MOTM.
Agree with this but he did have some sloppy moments especially in the first half. Young was quality today as well.

Backrow Singer

I think he's been bloody good for us to be honest and feel like he deserves some real credit. Didn't have the best first half but he's been playing pretty much every game alongside Hererra who isn't really an ideal partner for him anyway. Mkhitaryan isn't in good form for me and a player like Matic needs quality ball players in front of him.

Second half he was immense, won everything, made some clever passes at times and really put himself about. When Pogba comes back and we can change things up a bit centrally, he'll come into his own.

Icemav

I think he's been bloody good for us to be honest and feel like he deserves some real credit. Didn't have the best first half but he's been playing pretty much every game alongside Hererra who isn't really an ideal partner for him anyway. Mkhitaryan isn't in good form for me and a player like Matic needs quality ball players in front of him.

Second half he was immense, won everything, made some clever passes at times and really put himself about. When Pogba comes back and we can change things up a bit centrally, he'll come into his own.
Yep. Noticeably took control of the game in the second. Tremendous performance.

Robertd0803

Simply immense. I guess I always underestimated his offensive quality but some of his passes forward are just brilliant at times.

Man Utd 2:0 Benfica

Member 90887

I can't think of a better player at his position in the world right now.

An absolute steal. Still baffled by chelsea sanctioning the sale to us and even more so by the people that didn't want him in the summer because he was soon going to turn 29.

If there's a definition of world class, Matic has to be it. Him, De gea and Pogba are up there as some of the best players in the world.

There was a poll in the summer:

Dier or Matic, the results was 63.6% to 36.4% in favor of Dier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkhorsez

What a class guy this man is. His post goal celebration just tells you all you need to know about him. Very impressed!

Gythio

Great goal, always seems to strike the ball with so much power. Wonderful player to have.

lsd

The Oracle
What a class guy this man is. His post goal celebration just tells you all you need to know about him. Very impressed!

That's because it's not his goal , has played well again he is a quality signing.

poacher

Hey should we take him off? He's being overworked. Rest him before the Chelsea game! Take off the first string players!

Bulldogg

Chelsea replaced him with Bakayoko and Drinkwater and then to make things worse they sell him to us...hilarious business on their part.

The only thing I can think of is that Matic wanted to leave and come to us so they thought he's 29 he'll start declining soon we'll grant him his wish as a repayment for being a key player in 2 PL titles.

Holding midfielders can keep a very high level of play well into there 30's, great signing for us.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I must admit I wasn't that excited by his signing but, bloody hell, he never has a bad game! Hardly ever has even an OK game. Meanwhile, I hear that Phil Neville co-commentating on the Chelsea game tonight said that whoever made the decision to sell Matic "should be sacked" :D

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Has done so well that I'm now worried at how dependent we are on him.

Backrow Singer

Quality. Size, ability, strength, has all the main qualities you want. Doing it tough at the minute but when we get Pogba back in there and get some fresh bodies back, hopefully he's only going to get better.

Nice to see him get the goal tonight. Dominant.

Sylar

Hes calm and composed a lot of the time which is great. I think we see the absolute best out of him once Pogba returns as well.

R'hllor

Sup with people saying how he got his goal, what goal?! Streams quality that bad or?

Yagami

Good post resistant
I still want to see Herrera behind Pogba and Matic. We know Pogba's at his best with more freedom but I think it could do wonders for Matic, too. His passing is very good, his shooting is a threat, and they way he can carry the ball into the oppositions box and receive the ball under pressure with his excellent close control and shielding of the ball could help us so much further up-field with the build-up of our attacks.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think he will be MoM in the Chelsea game, inspiring us to win.

What a great great team player.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's not his goal but as per UEFA site it's Matic's assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.