Nemanja Matic| BBC says deal agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I don't want the club wasting money. This is why tickets prices go up, your half time pie cost £5, replica shirts cost £70 even with no name on the back. We the fans are paying towards this lunacy as well as the TV money.
Sorry mate but that is just plainly not true.

Litch

I think some teams are now running scared. Clear sign we are going in the right direction.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Very important to note that the times article written by Martin ziegler is from china where chelsea are right now. It is clearly briefed by chelsea and i think they are asking for it because we caused a PR disaster to them and we bragged about it in our briefings.

Halftrack

I don't want the club wasting money. This is why tickets prices go up, your half time pie cost £5, replica shirts cost £70 even with no name on the back. We the fans are paying towards this lunacy as well as the TV money.
I don't know about pies, but Adidas sets the price of replica kits (and takes most of the profit) and the season ticket prices have been frozen for the 6th season running. The club's also reduced the ticket prices for young fans and EFL games. Care to try again?

LoneStar

Lol, the drama queens are out in full force today. We won't be paying £50m for Matic, so calm the feck down. Clearly Chelsea are pissed at us for hijacking Lukaku from them. This stinks of a briefing from Chelsea, some kind of weird PR battle. Matic is a good player and he would be really good here, but we won't be paying £50m for him, if he comes.

But the meltdown on here is comedy gold. I hope most people aren't like this irl. :lol:

TheBiggest

Some of you really do make fools of yourselves.

"I want Veratti" or "But I wanted Bakayoko".

It's not your fecking job to decide who plays for Manchester United and thinking your whining opinion counts over Jose Mouirnho is wholly embarrassing for you.

Matic is being bought because he is the player Jose wants. Given that we played City the other day in training and set the midfield up with Herrera/Pogba and Miki ahead of them, I would imagine that the CDM Jose is bringing in, is being brought in for a certain and limited number of games this season. Perhaps home legs in Europe when we are already ahead, perhaps games where Mourinho sees a point as good enough, perhaps late in games when we are holding on to a lead. I don;t think Matic is being brought in to be our No.6 EVERY game. It will be Pogba and Herrera with Miki ahead of them by the looks of it for the main part of the season. Matic is being brought in to play a certain role in certain games and points in the season.

You guys wanting a shiny new toy like Verratti are playing 'Fantasy Football' trying to squeeze in as many cool names as you can into the squad. You clearly have no idea what Mouirnho is thinking.

Can I also mention the name Timothy Fosu Mensa who is looked upon as a CDM with superb potential.

Calm down. The fact that some of you think you know better than Jose Mourinho about what Jose Mourinho is actually thinking is just mortifying.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We have to walk away from both Matic and Perisic if they really want £50m for each players.

Both players are 28/29 years
old and personally I think they are both 6 to 7/10 players at best. Paying this sort of money sets a presidence for players in the future.

Some will argue the purchase of Pogba has already done this but the difference with him was he's way younger, was wanted by many of the top clubs and his marketability is massive. That isn't the case with Matic.

£100m, imagine what that could achieve if pumped straight into the youth system. But then clubs are not allowed to think long term anymore.
I'm sorry but you're wrong. Clubs can- irrespective of the amount they pay in transfer market - easily make the ticket prices cheaper for fans. The fact that they don't is because they're run as businesses now and not as football clubs.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Would be great to see keyboard warriors Admiring an extra 5 million in the bank if we miss out on the top 4 by not signing what jose needs. I am sure it will be soothing enough for them to not get top4/win the league but have an extra 5 million in the bank.
Fair enough. It would certainly, if nothing else, prevent any potential 'what if' arguments in the future if we do manage to sign both Matic and Perisic. However, in my personal opinion (which I realise counts for nothing) if those are the last two players which United recruit this summer, then regardless of them being 'who Jose wants', we ain't finishing in the top four.

wolvored

Were not a club who has 11 superstars and only need to add a youngster here, or an experienced head there, were a club who has fallen hard from the top and 4 years later are as far away from the top then we were under Moyes. We need to bring in the player the manager sees fit, and the other clubs know this so they will fleece us. Add to the fact were Man Utd who always seem to be paying top dollar anyway. I cant understand how some people are still surprised about this. If Matic is valued at £50 million and Mou wants him, just get him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

It's not your fecking job to decide who plays for Manchester United and thinking your whining opinion counts over Jose Mouirnho is wholly embarrassing for you.

Matic is being bought because he is the player Jose wants. Given that we played City the other day in training and set the midfield up with Herrera/Pogba and Miki ahead of them, I would imagine that the CDM Jose is bringing in, is being brought in for a certain and limited number of games this season. Perhaps home legs in Europe when we are already ahead, perhaps games where Mourinho sees a point as good enough, perhaps late in games when we are holding on to a lead. I don;t think Matic is being brought in to be our No.6 EVERY game. It will be Pogba and Herrera with Miki ahead of them by the looks of it for the main part of the season. Matic is being brought in to play a certain role in certain games and points in the season.

You guys wanting a shiny new toy like Verratti are playing 'Fantasy Football' trying to squeeze in as many cool names as you can into the squad. You clearly have no idea what Mouirnho is thinking.

Can I also mention the name Timothy Fosu Mensa who is looked upon as a CDM with superb potential.

Calm down. The fact that some of you think you know better than Jose Mourinho about what Jose Mourinho is actually thinking is just mortifying.

Of all the lines of argument in the caf transfer forum, the "So you think you know better than Jose Mourinho?" one is probably the most stupid and irritating, which is really quite the achievement.

Jose Mourinho knows far more about football than anyone on the caf. As did SAF. As did LVG. Hell, as did Moyes.

That didn't stop them from making mistakes, it didn't stop them from making bad signings and it didn't stop some caf members from being right when they called out those mistakes and bad signings.

"It's not your fecking job to decide who plays for Manchester United" isn't an argument, it's a way of shutting down argument. If that's how you feel then I really wonder why you come into the transfer forum in the first place given it will inevitably be filled with people who (gasp! shock! horror!) disagree with Mourinho.

Halftrack

That didn't stop them from making mistakes, it didn't stop them from making bad signings and it didn't stop some caf members from being right when they called out those mistakes and bad signings.
In most cases, that's more down to coincidence than any sort of expertise or precognitive ability on the part of the poster.

Varun

Staff
Guess they're really, really bitter over the Lukaku deal. We won't be signing him at that price.
It's posturing really, him not being on tour makes it certain that he's off. Juve aren't going to offer more than us to Chelsea or to him so unless he has his heart set on them which is unlikely, we'll get him. We will have to pay over the top but that's to be expected when buying from a PL rival.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Did you said the same thing when moyes signed failini and lvg brought the german relic on crazy salary?

I am in favour of us getting a dm. However 50m for a 29 year old playing i n a role were you need plentt of legwork is stupid

elnorte

Freaky fly day

Spoken like a true unthinking unquestioning loyal little soldier. Do you also have a reputation of being a yes-man at your workplace? :)

Varun

Staff

I'm not sure you get the point of a forum.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
If we get a rejuvenated Matic like the one we saw when he rejoined Chelsea then I'll happy. That is the big question though, will get that one or the one from last season where he looked a little sluggish at times.

Jonboy

This holier than thou approach when it comes to Mourino is starting to really fecking grate. No, we don't know what he's thinking. No we don't know more than him when it comes to players and tactics. This doesn't mean we cannot disagree with his choices on players and give an opinion that is different to his. He has been wrong before. It was not long ago he was desperate to spend big on a certain Wayne Rooney. An aging player in physical decline with his best years firmly behind him. Sound familiar?

You go on to give your opinion as to why you think Matic is being brought in and how he might be played, yet you have no idea what Mourinho is thinking remember.
You are still allowed to express your opinions on the matter, as are posters questioning whether Matic is the right player for us.

Reactions: Varun

Josep Dowling

I'm sorry but you're wrong. Clubs can- irrespective of the amount they pay in transfer market - easily make the ticket prices cheaper for fans. The fact that they don't is because they're run as businesses now and not as football clubs.
I am not wrong. Some people are just in denial that the club they adore treats them like a customer rather than a fan.

Since the increase in TV money has all those things I mentioned gone down? No. They have frozen season tickets ok, fairly sure general sale tickets priced have gone up though.

All costs have to be covered from wages to the tea lady. To say 'TV money' covers it, is a very simplistic view.

Anyway this is a completely different debate, to get back to the original question £50m is a rip off for Matic.

MadMike

You know what? I think I'll trust the club, ran by some very shrewd businessmen, not to spend money irrationally. Whatever we pay for Matic, we can afford it. Getting hung up on transfer fees and worrying about the clubs sustainability is a complete waste of time and energy.
Omg these opinions :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
In most cases, that's more down to coincidence than any sort of expertise or precognitive ability on the part of the poster.
Nonetheless, it proves that people can be right when they question the manager's decisions. Which makes the argument that we should all blindly agreee with whatever Mourinho does quite obviously a silly one.

Escape Goat

Supports
Forest
Is there something wrong with trusting the people who've made this club the biggest and most valuable football club in the world not to suddenly lose the plot and drive it into bankruptcy?
You mean two of the three men who gave a clearly declining Rooney a huge five year contract?

MadMike

Of all the lines of argument in the caf transfer forum, the "So you think you know better than Jose Mourinho?" one is probably the most stupid and irritating, which is really quite the achievement.

Jose Mourinho knows far more about football than anyone on the caf. As did SAF. As did LVG. Hell, as did Moyes.

"It's not your fecking job to decide who plays for Manchester United" isn't an argument, it's a way of shutting down argument. If that's how you feel then I really wonder why you come into the transfer forum in the first place given it will inevitably be filled with people who (gasp! shock! horror!) disagree with Mourinho.
Well said

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
There hasn't been any indication that we are going to pay them 50m for Matic. People should calm down rather than automatically getting at the worst assumption.

Halftrack

You mean two of the three men who gave a clearly declining Rooney a huge five year contract?
You're right, club's doomed. That one contract clearly says more about their ability to do business than years of unprecedented growth despite struggling to even qualify for Europe.

Might as well go and support City, United's not long for this world.

Escape Goat

Supports
Forest
You're right, club's doomed. That one contract clearly says more about their ability to do business than years of unprecedented growth despite struggling to even qualify for Europe.

Might as well go and support City, United's not long for this world.
:lol:

OK.

MadMike

Is there something wrong with trusting the people who've made this club the biggest and most valuable football club in the world not to suddenly lose the plot and drive it into bankruptcy?
Don't be idiotic. No one is saying we'll become bankrupt. No one at all. That's your strawman argument. We could pay 100m for Matic and not go bankrupt, would that make it smart or sane?

Overpaying for old players means you end up with fewer reinforcements than what you had in mind. Something Mourinho already suggested is the case. Money doesn't grow on trees, there's a limit on every budget.

The biggest and most valuable club finished 6th last season. The price for years of extremely poor transfer policies dictated by managers. The price for buying previous managers pets (Fellaini and Schweini) when obviously they were not the best transfers for United.

Considering those failures why would you show implicit trust? And if you do, what's the point of being on a discussion forum?

Last edited:

AKDevil

Yeah, sorry, that was my bad. Just woke up.

Still, £34m of last years money seems to get you about as much as £50m of this years. Point still stands, though. Aside from a couple of laughs, no one will care. Except for him, he's having a meltdown.
Lol. I've given up on transfer fees. They are pretty much all ridiculous. First rumoured one of the big ones that made any sort of sense really was Coutinho for £72m but obviously he wouldn't go for that in the end. And agree. Who cares? Would rather have the money on the pitch than going to the Glazers. And, ultimately, if a player does the business, he's worth it. If he doesn't, then he's not. That's all I care about.

AKDevil

Very important to note that the times article written by Martin ziegler is from china where chelsea are right now. It is clearly briefed by chelsea and i think they are asking for it because we caused a PR disaster to them and we bragged about it in our briefings.
All the guys who've written them in all the papers are in china.

AKDevil

Don't mean to contradict myself as I couldn't give two hoots how much we spend on players but, looking at your post, could you really see Mourinho spending £50m on a player just to play a limited number of games?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
What a difference a year makes. Last summer most of us would have creamed our pants at the idea of signing Matic or Dier and would have been ambivialent to signing Fabinho.

How the tides have turned :lol:

Last edited:

Crustanoid

Ffs can we stop throwing the entire GDP of Africa at terminal clowns like Perisick and Mattik?!!!!!! We're the worlds number 1 idiots in the transfer market

MiceOnMeth

100 million for Perisic and Matic.. Back in 2005 that would have got you Eto'o shevchenko and ballack absolute madness but they would improve us no doubt so feck it not my money..

TrueRed79

This forum is obsessed with transfer fees for some reason. First, i don't think if we got him that he will cost anywhere near 50M. Second, the Glazers have taken out over 300M from the club since they took over. People need to rant at them, not Jose.

AndyJ1985

100 million for Perisic and Matic.. Back in 2005 that would have got you Eto'o shevchenko and ballack absolute madness but they would improve us no doubt so feck it not my money..
Back in 2005 we didn't have over half a billion of revenue. Do people not understand inflation or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.