Nemanja Matic

Baxter

Couldn't find a football thread on him.

He is some player. Great on the ball, wins all his tackles and an absolute giant. What a bargain for Chelsea.

Raw

Absolute class player, he immediately fit into Chelsea and hasn't put a foot wrong since.

He's the kind of player we need.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
That dribble near the end when he just skipped past 3 or 4 players was just classy. He looks a good player.
It proves that you don't have to negate technical ability to be a defensive midfielder, very tidy player.

LR7

Ignites my CM envy.
I wish we had been in for him.

izec

an unsung hero in their team, gives them great balance and an absolute team player. Fantastic allrounder, defends, creates, scores, aerial monster and has good stamina. He is everything we wanted Fellaini to be.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
an unsung hero in their team, gives them great balance and an absolute team player. Fantastic allrounder, defends, creates, scores, aerial monster and has good stamina. He is everything we wanted Fellaini to be.
Incredible how he spent a year on Benfica´s bench because of Javi freakin Garcia :lol: He really is a typical Mourinho player.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Actually, that's a good call. Like Fellaini he looks cumbersome and takes pace out of the game when on the ball but this guy sure tightens up that midfield.

Man-United

He's been fantastic this season, dare I say best midfielder in the league? What a superb signing, wish we had signed him in january last season.

Truedevil

He's been fantastic this season, dare I say best midfielder in the league? What a superb signing, wish we had signed him in january last season.
I don't know if he is the best midfielder in the league or not but they the midfield of him and Fabregas certainly is the best midfield.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I've seen get praised for his physical game but more than anything what has impressed me the most about him is how intelligent he is and how he keeps things very simple.

Ringo 07

The player we were getting mostly linked with before Moyes took over were Matic, Strootman and Garay. Christ what might have been if a proper manager had been appointed then.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Soccer AM catches up with Nemanja Matic to discuss Chelsea's superb start
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/tv-...emanja-matic-to-discuss-chelseas-superb-start

Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic was at the launch of computer game 'The Crew' and spoke to Soccer AM about Chelsea, becoming a holding midfielder and how Branislav Ivanovic is Serbia's version of David Beckham.

When Nemanja Matic moved to Benfica from Chelsea in 2011, having played just twice for the Blues, his hopes of becoming an established Premier League player appeared over.

But Jose Mourinho’s reappointment as manager also resulted in a return to Stamford Bridge for Matic, who rejoined in a £21m deal last January. And Mourinho’s decision to give the Serb a second chance was an inspired one.

Matic is now a mainstay in the Chelsea starting line-up and has made 21 appearances already this season. His superb work-rate and positioning provides the likes of Eden Hazard and Oscar with an attacking platform, and if Chelsea continue their march towards the Premier League title, Matic will have been a key component.

"When I first came to Chelsea, I was very young and there were big players in my position, so it was difficult for me to play," said Matic.

"Now I’m 26 and it is different. I have more experience and have improved a lot. I came here to show that I can play in the Premier League and for Chelsea. I’m happy at the moment.

Matic was considered an attacking midfielder when he moved to Portugal, but Benfica manager Jorge Jesus had other ideas.

"On my first day at Benfica, when I came into the dressing room, the coach asked to speak with me," said Matic.

"He said he thought I was a No 6, which in Portugal is the holding midfielder, that I will play that position and step by step I can become a great player. I asked him if he was sure! It wasn’t easy for me during the first few months but now I feel it’s the right position."

Matic was recently named Serbian player of the year but he says Branislav Ivanovic remains the biggest name in Serbian football.

"He has been playing for Chelsea for almost eight years and is very famous in Serbia," said Matic. "Apart from Nemanja Vidic, not many Serbian players have achieved that. Ivanovic is the David Beckham of Serbia."

Ivanovic and Matic have played pivotal parts in Chelsea’s unbeaten start to the season, and the latter is hopeful they can maintain their run of form.

"We know it’s going to be difficult to not lose any games but everything is possible," he said. "We are in a good moment right now and will try to continue our unbeaten run."
Interesting and well done Jorge Jesus

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Interesting and well done Jorge Jesus
Jorge Jesus is very good at "moulding" players. He has done that many times. Enzo Perez was a winger (RW) and he converted him to MC with very good results. Also had a positive influence on Witsel.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Coentrão's another one, I think. Left winger into a left back.
Yes, another good example mate. It was his best one in my opinion. Coentrão has been our best left in about 30 years (talking about NT). Just pity he's getting so many muscular injuries.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Thought he was absolutely outstanding in last nights win over Stoke. Was like a brick wall infront of defence, and was calm and classy on the ball.

Gutted that we missed out on him. Arguably Chelseas most important player this season imo.

JoaquinJoaquin

Yeah he was excellent last night and has been pretty much every game i've watched him in. Wasn't just us that missed a trick with him, I think he would fit into every team in Europe at present.

Mali_Zeus

Would be massive for our NT if he was Croatian. Niko Kovač insists on playing without a DM but Matić in pair with Modrić would be immense.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Gutted that we missed out on him. Arguably Chelseas most important player this season imo.
It's getting to the point where it's hardly even arguable any more. When he's not in the team, we miss him terribly. We have backups for Costa, Fabregas and Hazard (although the backups obviously are not as good), but we don't have anyone else who can do what Matic does for us. He's been an absolute revelation.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
What I particularly like about him is how well he can play the ball. He's not just a destroyer. He can time a great tackle, pick up the ball, beat a man and then play a great ball to start a break.

Deleted member 78215

Matic is the midfielder Carrick deserves... and the one he needs right now.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What I particularly like about him is how well he can play the ball. He's not just a destroyer. He can time a great tackle, pick up the ball, beat a man and then play a great ball to start a break.
Most of the time, what stands out the most about is his quality on the ball more than anything else. I am impressed how simple and intelligent he keeps things and when it comes to recovering, it's mostly about good positioning and anticipation.