Neville confirms what we knew all along

Kaos

Not based on much, but I don't think its Shaw.

I'm not his biggest fan but given his comments about the team lacking togetherness, I suspect he hates the toxicity and he's outside of the clique/individuals briefing against the manager.
Yeah I don’t buy it either, surprised at how convinced some are.

Didn’t he recently come out and say that he enjoyed training under Rangnick and that most media stories were nonsense? Doesn’t sound like the sentiments of someone leaking left right and centre.

Its a shame we didn’t offload Lingard during the previous two windows, would have been a useful process of elimination to see if the leaks dry up. If they hadn’t then my hunch says Henderson.

Honestly we should bin the pair of them anyway. Even if they’re not leakers, neither have a future at the club. If they are, then happy days, good riddance.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ralf needs to place a big block of cheese in the dressing room and see which one of these rats goes for it. Then boot Maguire out of the club.

AFC NimbleThumb

Shaw maybe but definitely not Maguire, I dont even know where people get this from?

Since Ralf has come in, Maguire has been benched twice, the 2 games he came back from injury? What excuses were there before that?
Maybe cause Lindelof only lost his place after the break in. Either way it’s clearly Varane + 1. Given Maguires performances if anyone needed to leak things to the press to dissuade negative stories about them it’d be him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Both Shaw & Maguire are playing by default. If Lindelof doesn’t have the off-field issue & Telles doesn’t contract Covid then their both getting fewer minutes. Ralf outed Shaw in an interview before he was in the role, he definitely doesn’t rate him. Those 2 have to be top candidates for mouthpieces.
Telles has been on the bench 4 times, Shaw only 2. So how exactly?

NYAS

Yeah, Luke Shaw, the only player who had the balls to come out and defend Ralf in public and call bullshit on the stories, is the guy leaking to the press.

You lot just hate who you hate with no logic or reasoning behind it.

Withnail

But wholesale changes are needed. By shunting the current dopes to squad roles and brining in more quality.

Our strikers are ancient
Rashford looks done as a top player
Bruno there is hope for ability wise but he needs a good manager to help him get his head right
wide area has always been a problem - I think Sancho is starting to settle
Midfield we all agree on is just not good enough
Defence is bang average to just awful. Varane is not even looking as good as I had hoped he would.

They get outplayed and outfought by every team they play - thats damning

It cant be done in one window but we need to start somewhere
You're right we agree on midfield but there's hope for Bruno and Rashford is finished? feck sake man.

You're taking far too negative a slant for me so there's not much point continuing this to be honest. Things are rarely as bad as they appear.

United in sin

For example when Elanga missed that pen against Boro in the cup, his PR team were putting it out on twitter 'keep your head up' something like that. I mean come on, dude literally shares a dressing room with the kid and can give him a pep talk there, but oh no his Team have to get it out then for Brand Marcus.
Is this something even worth decrying? I don't actively follow their social media accounts so I guess it doesn't bother me. I did however think you had something more substantial to criticize them for

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
You lot just hate who you hate with no logic or reasoning behind it.
It's the case in all these threads.

Confirmation bias in the extreme.

"Right - it's obviously Pogba, this seals it."

"He's talking about Maguire, it's obvious."

"It's that feckin' snake Lingard."

"It's that feckin' snake, the tea lady - dunno who she is, but she's a feckin' snake."

romufc

Maybe cause Lindelof only lost his place after the break in. Either way it’s clearly Varane + 1. Given Maguires performances if anyone needed to leak things to the press to dissuade negative stories about them it’d be him.
Yeah, out of 10 PL games, Maguire has started 7, but lets go with your narrative that Lindelof was a starter ahead of Maguire.

Just to let you know, Lindelof has been on the bench last 2 games.

Why would Maguire need to leak things to the press when he starts most games and is captain? Why would Maguire leak that Lingard deserves to play?

JanK

Supports
Napoli
It's pretty logical that the leakers are the ones frequently mentioned in these related threads.
But what can we do? Sell 'em all? Yeah, let's do so!

All the toxic people need to be moved immediately, they have only bad influence on others. If things are rotten, then you need to stop the rot asap, otherwise it will spread.

AFC NimbleThumb

Telles has been on the bench 4 times, Shaw only 2. So how exactly?
Since Ralf came in. . .

Shaw.
Starts - •••••••
Bench - ••
Not in Squad - •••

Telles.
Starts - •••••
Bench - ••••
Not in Squad - •••

So let’s look at things properly. Telles started Ralfs first 3 games. 1 of Shaws starts with the kids against Young Boys. Shaw has started 7 to Telles’ 5 & given Telles started against West Ham but came down with Covid it’s genuinely a toss up as to whether he’d have stated the games had he been fit. Neither has really made the position their own. Not every day needs to be combative. Ralf doesn’t rate Shaw. He may not rate Telles much either to be honest.

Just got a message today at work that 'Rashford' will be releasing not one, but two books in the next 5 months.

The first is a fiction book coming in May entitled The Breakfast Club Adventures and the second is a self help book in July called You Can Do It: How to Find Your Team and Make a Difference.

Of course we're LARPing that Rashford co-wrote them.

The interesting part is the copy that his agency sent with it:

Both releases will be significant publishing events. We will execute an extensive multi-channel marketing campaign supported by journalists from national print and broadcast media as well as leveraging the high engagement @MarcusRashford Twitter and Instagram accounts, which will allow us to reach across all consumer groups. Macmillan Publishing will be gifting thousands of copies of each book to schools across the country; expertly weaving social justice with cross-market branding for increased media and consumer engagement.
Ignoring the fact that we genuinely have Zoella playing for us (MR10 advent calendar coming in December)....why do you think these journalists are falling over themselves to help Rashford make bank? Just a nice thing to do?

Why were we getting non-stop stories last season about his injuries that didn't come from the club? Why is a Chief Football Writer tweeting fanboy nonsense like this every time Rashford starts getting criticism? Oh, he's getting exclusives right after. Must be a coincidence.

Why did like five of our Tier 1 journalists come out with almost identical Rashford puff-pieces a month ago when he was getting criticised and was out of the team?

They aren't doing it from the kindness of their heart. It's a business relationship. They get something in return.

Rashford and his team use the media more than any player in football memory. It's a silly situation... and one that a proper club wouldn't allow to continue.

Last edited:

Abraxas

Because there are different levels and types of leaks. Some may do it constantly, others only once or twice. Some of the complaints may even have some valid reason to be aired in public. It's not like the club is well run.

So does Neville know ALL of the ins and outs? I doubt any of this is coming directly to him, so can he prove it if he makes specific claims?

The same goes for the people in the club who care about trying to stop this sort of thing. When these leaks are coming from friends, family or agents it all becomes very difficult. You'd better be damn sure before accusing someone directly. Even then, I doubt the money men who control the club would want to lose a fortune from having to either sack a player or sell them off cheap. Even when the level of leak should probably warrant such action.

With each new manager we hope for this to be resolved. But it's clear that there needs to be more assistance from the club. The culture is set from the top. The whole football world knows that United is run by money men, for money men.
What does it matter if they do it once or twice or constantly? Neither is good, but even if that is the case then he can dilvulge the main offenders.

Why does he have to be 100% sure? It's not a criminal case, it is simple punditry. I don't see what the pending disaster is if he is certain enough to bring it up in the first place, then he should have the conviction to state what he is talking about. Neville likes to talk about the good of the club, and presumably he equates this with not having leakers or backstabbers, so if he is forceful enough to bring it up I think he should be more direct.

Otherwise it just seems like Neville spouting off and being in the know to be honest, it takes the appearence of being rather self-serving. It is of no use to us to know that there are leakers without being across the details, what's the benefit..so everybody can potentially wrongly accuse player X and Y.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
I'd add Pogba but yeah that list is basically it

I think Pogba is the source of the Poch rumour, so he can get his old hero Zidane in at PSG, & go there on a free!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Since Ralf came in. . .

Shaw.
Starts - •••••••
Bench - ••
Not in Squad - •••

Telles.
Starts - •••••
Bench - ••••
Not in Squad - •••

So let’s look at things properly. Telles started Ralfs first 3 games. 1 of Shaws starts with the kids against Young Boys. Shaw has started 7 to Telles’ 5 & given Telles started against West Ham but came down with Covid it’s genuinely a toss up as to whether he’d have stated the games had he been fit. Neither has really made the position their own. Not every day needs to be combative. Ralf doesn’t rate Shaw. He may not rate Telles much either to be honest.
So in fact not playing by default.

Let’s look at this properly, when both available Shaw has been chosen 4 times, Telles only 2. So again, clearly not playing only by default. So your whole post is pointless. Not every day needs to be make up whatever you want to criticize whichever players you dislike.

A throwaway comment during a media analysis from several years ago is meaningless.

AFC NimbleThumb

Yeah, out of 10 PL games, Maguire has started 7, but lets go with your narrative that Lindelof was a starter ahead of Maguire.

Why would Maguire need to leak things to the press when he starts most games and is captain? Why would Maguire leak that Lingard deserves to play?
It’s not the narrative at all, Lindelof was in situ then displaced due to an off field issue. Knowing how terribly Lindelof can perform he may well have played himself out of the team again but Maguire didn’t naturally come back in to the team, similarly as he lost his place due to his own injury. The fact Maguire keeps starting is damning on our CB quality, I could give a shit if he’s better than Lindelof.

You do understand this thread is literally all speculation, a bit strange you’re so upset about the suggestion it may be Maguire when people are saying it could be others who have literally no relationship with the British press. He wasn’t getting back in to the team if Lindelof was available imo, I’m allowed one of those.

Blood Mage

Lingard, Maguire and Shaw the main culprits definitely. They're scared of being exposed as not being good enough and want the management to take all the heat.

estel_manutd

Just got a message today at work that 'Rashford' will be releasing not one, but two books in the next 5 months.

The first is a fiction book coming in May entitled The Breakfast Club Adventures and the second is a self help book in July called You Can Do It: How to Find Your Team and Make a Difference.

Ignoring the fact that we genuinely have Zoella playing for us (MR10 advent calendar coming in December)....why do you think these journalists are falling over themselves to help Rashford make bank? Just a nice thing to do?

Why were we getting non-stop stories last season about his injuries, that didn't come from the club? Why is a Chief Football Writer tweeting fanboy nonsense like this every time Rashford starts getting criticism? Oh, he's getting exclusives right after. Must be a coincidence.

Why did like five of our Tier 1 journalists come out with almost identical Rashford puff-pieces a month ago when he was getting criticised and was out of the team?

They aren't doing it from the kindness of their heart. It's a business relationship. They get something in return.

Rashford and his team use the media more than any player in football memory. It's a silly situation... and one that a proper club wouldn't allow to continue.
Yea, this pretty much sums up my opinion of Rashford. Who wants to be a footballer (running around the pitch) when you can be an international spokesperson.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
It starts at the top.

If the owners doesn’t care then why should the staff or the players take responsibility? Without a steady leadership who practice some sorts of performance related accountability, especially against freestylers and under performer then the club will continue to be a giant ship full of potential mytherists.

Forget about who and why becaue these leaks are the symptoms and not the root of the problem.

mancan92

Yes, they can be English players but we also have to look at what the leaks are. These are about training, playing time and the like. IMO it's more likely someone who isnt playing.
The playing style and late training absolutely can be the English players. And we have players like lingard who would absolutely complain about not playing.

AFC NimbleThumb

So in fact not playing by default.

Let’s look at this properly, when both available Shaw has been chosen 4 times, Telles only 2. So again, clearly not playing only by default. So your whole post is pointless. Not every day needs to be make up whatever you want to criticize whichever players you dislike.
So let’s unpack things further. You’re using a game where Telles didn’t start post-covid having returned days earlier from South America in that in depth analysis.

A throwaway comment during a media analysis from several years ago is meaningless.
Unless you’ve got a direct line to Ralf I’ll go off of actual quotes on a player rather than your ITK caf’tard assumptions.

So let’s get onto what is ‘pointless’. Dismissing the words of our current manger as meaningless when it’s one of the few comments we have based on a player. Saying I dislike a players because you don’t agree with the point made.

You’re getting rather precious about an opinion in a thread covering the subject that none of us will ever know. Think a French international with a dislike for the English press & an agent that generally speaks for himself could be a leak is surely far more ludicrous but that’s just me.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The "whingebags" comment a few months back were very influential in that they created or propagated an enormously negative narrative, with massive implications how the fans view their team and its players. When really it only jumped onto a couple of gestures of disappointment by Ronaldo and Fernandes whose body language is always like that.

This "podacst" rant today is nothing if not an incoherent, confused, toxic mess of diffuse paranoia, boomerist cultural pessimism, hyperbolic moralism and anonymous denunciations ("I'm not saying who, but they're at it"), opening the door to unhinged speculation.

The guy, as likeable as he might be, is not level-headed or smart enough to be counted as an analyst; he could have a YT channel alright, but as the main guy on Sky he is becoming a problem for the club.
Great post. Disappointed in Neville, a club legend ought not to add fuel to the fire

clarkydaz

Why were we getting non-stop stories last season about his injuries, that didn't come from the club? Why is a Chief Football Writer tweeting fanboy nonsense like this every time Rashford starts getting criticism? Oh, he's getting exclusives right after. Must be a coincidence.

Few weeks back Old Trafford gave Rashford a rollocking for not chasing down the goalkeeper, we immediately got stories about how Ole told him to shut up when he supposedly asked him for coaching advice. Then also that he prefers to play left wing so he can cut in and shoot.

As for his mate Jlingz, i actually laughed out loud at the ' lingard's team mates are stunned he isnt getting gametime'. His brother loves to post him in a West Ham kit and was insulting Ole on the eve of him getting sacked. also the latest 'Jesse isnt sure if its worth even training at Carrington' days before he gets a few days off. Just feck off, cant stand them

mancan92

Because he's playing like absolute cack and needs a narrative

Artimities

I doubt its Shaw as well, but the guy never looks happy. In fact he is always upset looking.
I think its Lindgard. Seems like I remember him having Social Media issues several years ago and it was interrupting his form. That is the issue I had with United having so many England players. I was worried about cliqs forming and with the England and Portuguese groups we have... no wonder.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Hate this "i know but i will not tell you". Then don't say nothing, ffs.

Anyway i think that Lingard, Ronaldo and Henderson are 3 for sure. Martial was one probably too.
The rest; who knows? I doubt that Rashford or Harry have any reason to do it

slored1

100% Jesse is in this group. No leaks last year and now suddenly there's 1000 of them. Bin everyone who leaks stuff off.

Red00012

I don’t understand why people are saying Shaw is the leak . Is it pick the player you’re most annoyed with or what’s the criteria ?