Neville: The players who are rotten in the dressing room are all on social media

Bestietom

I find it quite bizarre how he suddenly gets all the hate. 16 goals and 11 assists this season so far. Even Scholes/Keane never had those numbers. He's the reason we're still mathematically in with a chance for top 4.

It's not his fault Young, Jones, Smalling, Fred, Matic, Rashford, Lingard, Martial and Lukaku are shit. We need to build a team around him. If he's not running enough, surround him with players who do. If he lets his head drop, have a leader in your team who can tell him to buckle up

Selling your best players for the faults of your shittiest ones is not how we're going to rebuild this squad.
But does he really want to be here is the question?. I think he has been got at by Real and Zidane whilst on international duty. He has not performed to his standard since then.imo.

WensleyMU

Worth pointing out Di Maria was an absolute disgrace, not just to United but to the sport of football itself. A pathetic coward who makes even the most laughable performer in today's squad look half competent.

Using him as the basis of " blaming the flair players is wrong because some hard working chaps are pretty shite" isn't spot on at all...

48 hours

It was obviously Mata that Neville was hinting at. He’s always blogging. Look what the SOB has put up today

And no, I’m not being serious

Celoti23-81

Yes. While using the "it's been four managers and hence..." logic, we also have to acknowledge that the players have also changed over that period. David Moyes did not have Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Fred, Pogba, Matic, Dalot, Shaw and Lindelof - 9 out of 11 players who played yesterday. Every manager we've hired has brought in his own players and still managed to fail - that's on them (and the players should the next manager find them expendable).

But to sum up our problems
  • We hire the wrong managers who end up disappointing
  • We seem to lack footballing direction from the top
  • We may have some poor players - that's for the manager to take a call on who he sells.
  • We need quality in key areas (RW, RB, CM etc)
  • We need to improve the coaching of the collective since we rely on individuals rather than playing lime a team.
Thing is, were no longer in a transition phase. We've made up our minds and chosen Ole. So let's hope he solves some of the above and that takes us to a stronger position next season.

It's been 8-9 long years of neglecting our width. The last real winger we have bought has been Valencia and Obertan. If we're talking Di Maria and Memphis, Di Maria played centrally at Madrid in his last year, and now Memphis also plays centrally.

FFS, crystal palace have better wingers than we do! Sell Lukaku and Sanchez and get 2 wingers, a right back and a midfielder in.

Treble

Nah, this POV is naive.

Do you really think anything has changed as far as Ole is concerned? His attitude, how he handles the players? Has he suddenly turned negative? Has he outed players publicly?

These we the basis upon which Mourinho was blamed entirely for the failings of these players, but they don't really hold up when discussing Solskjaer, do they?

Or maybe it's because Ole isn't those things the players, who previously couldn't handle a rough ride, now see him as a soft touch, a bit of a pushover. A dozen games to show the bad man how good they were has rolled into the same old story we saw under him... But he's not here, and his replacement is a completely different kettle of fish...
This the players are bad narrative is naive. The reason for the bad performances in the last month are complex, some of them related to the fact that Ole overestimated the team, was too ambitious to go at once for top 4, the CL and the FA Cup, run them in the ground and they are not fresh enough now. Besides, the new manager boost effect is over. I'm sure many of those players would perform quite well at Liverpool and City. To try to replace them with other players will lead to nothing. Or to a worse situation. If Ole is right that Jose didn't prepare them fitness wise, why go hard at them?

Josep Dowling

The use of social media has nothing to do with footballing talent. There is literally no correlation between social media usage and the quality of the football. Doesn’t Ronaldo have something like 100 million followers? Footballers are allowed to have lives outside of football.

Get rid of the crap in our side. As has been pointed out there is about 5 players still from Fergie’s era, and guess what we have extended contracts for 3 of them! So those 3 will still be here next season, all part of the defence.

Stop changing managers with very different styles who need to have a squad overhaul to implement their style.

Our scouting has been the biggest issue. We have spent a lot of money and only 2-3 players can truly be called successful.

dogwithabone

Like I already said you are talking about attackers influencing the game as attackers in the last third which is why you spent 3 lines talking about Bale, Ronaldo and Messi scoring plenty of goals then you add De Gea a goalkeeper who is obviously alone on the line like every other goalkeeper and then you add Van Dijk who is surrounded by good players, he isn't doing things alone, he was the last piece added to a team that was playing at a good level.
We will perhaps have to politely disagree on this but are you saying that ‘world class’ players can only be defined by the standard of their team mates ? I get it that had, say, Rashford controlled Pogba’s pass yesterday and stuck it in then we talk about that pass for weeks to come so to that end you have a point that we just don’t have a striker of the quality to convert the pass but my point is more that he never appears to be the stand out player in massive head to head games. His gait and body language are perhaps just unfortunate physical attributes but it really isn’t a good look when you’re a sloppy footballer (on £250,000 a week and supposedly wanting more) who concedes possession of the ball far too easily and can’t be arsed to retrieve it.

TsuWave

These bunch of players have failed under multiple managers already, stop blaming the manager when the truth is right out there . The players lack desire to play for the club and are willing to just collect their pay cheque while doing feck all because fans like you keep blaming the manager .
its almost as if i didn't say we have a bag of poor players.

Typical Neville.

It has nothing to do with the shite at the back that were stinking the place out almost a decade ago against Basel does it Gaz? No, cause they were your mates so it must be the toxic social media players.

-Supreme-

It was obviously Mata that Neville was hinting at. He’s always blogging. Look what the SOB has put up today

And no, I’m not being serious
So he shared his feelings on social media because he was not involved in the game yesterday? Another way to tell everybody that yesterday's result wasn't his fault.

Having just checked his post history, I wonder why Mata didn't post anything on his twitter account after his poor performance against West Ham a few weeks ago, and he got dropped to the bench since.

In Rainbows

1.Which players do you guys feel we bought that were on the level of Sancho and De Ligt in the past 8 years? Hyped up potential generational talents?
Pogba
de Gea
Shaw*
Martial*

2. How many did we buy where they were on the back end of their careers?
Schweinsteiger
Falcao
Valdes

3. How many did we buy that were in their prime and had some hype?
Kagawa
Micky
Di Maria
Robin Van Persie
Zlatan
Mata

4. How many did we buy where they were under the radar?
Lindelof
Dalot
Fred
Bailly
Darmian
Buttner
Rojo

5. How many players did we buy where they had some decent hype, but clearly had deficiencies?
Depay
Lukaku
Jones
Zaha
Powell
Blind
Shaw*
Herrera*
Falcao

6. How many players did we buy where they had decent ability, with PL experience?
Young
Fellaini
Schneiderlin
Matic

I'm trying to get a more accurate picture of our failures in the transfer market so some are clearly more blurred categories*. Don't beat me over some small technicalities.

Seeing this, it's clear that we should never buy players from group 6, and 2. We should buy those from group 1.

Neville is 100% right. This is not about Neville, or his past, or what you think of him. This is about what he’s saying. Switch on the functional part of your Brain, separate your biases from the current discussion, and engage with it or leave the thread.

He is absolutely right.
No he’s not, a bigger problem for us is our shite defence and playing Jones/Smalling/Young week in week out, whenever Matic (another non social media man) then has a poor game teams can cut through us like knifes through butter.

Time to finally fecking replace Rio & Vidic and get another top full back in. Defence needs a massive overhaul that won’t be fixed by an “alright on the ball” Swede and certainly won’t be fixed by other players being on social media less.

GM K

Paul Scholes really, really doesn't see the big picture does he. Sad that Steve McManaman and Slaven Bilic can see exactly what is going on but Paul Scholes can't
I just try to preserve my memory of Scholes as a genius midfielder. His crappy punditry fights hard to take that memory away.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I like how when Gary Neville said this before the Newcastle game, he was unanimously agreed as "clueless". Now that the narrative has changed around here and the blame has been shifted he's heralded as a genius - all in the space of 5 months.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We will perhaps have to politely disagree on this but are you saying that ‘world class’ players can only be defined by the standard of their team mates ? I get it that had, say, Rashford controlled Pogba’s pass yesterday and stuck it in then we talk about that pass for weeks to come so to that end you have a point that we just don’t have a striker of the quality to convert the pass but my point is more that he never appears to be the stand out player in massive head to head games. His gait and body language are perhaps just unfortunate physical attributes but it really isn’t a good look when you’re a sloppy footballer (on £250,000 a week and supposedly wanting more) who concedes possession of the ball far too easily and can’t be arsed to retrieve it.
Every player performances are function to the team he is playing for, the quality of his teammates, the organization of the team and the role that each players have, obviously his own form on the day counts. A creative midfielder relies on two main things, the ability of his team to regain possession and the movement/finishing abilities of his attackers, if your team is bad at one of these things the first players affected will be the creative ones and the back four because the opposition will have no respect for your attacking threat and commit numbers.
Also Pogba doesn't concede possession more than De Bruyne and statistically these are the type of players that loses possession the most due to the fact that they operate in crowded areas and take more risk. The difference being that when De Bruyne loses possession his team is able to regain it quickly because they are built for that.

As for him being the standout player in massive head to head games, he was against City last season and Arsenal the previous season but it's generally difficult when we are by some distance the underdogs and don't play a lot of massive head to head games.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
This thread and most replies to it show that a reading comprehension task should be enforced on this site before people are allowed to post. Captcha for idiots if you will.

I've given all this shit a thought, without yesterday's anger about how shit we are and all that. For me it's no coincidence that our form has gone to shit after we've made Ole the perma manager. The players getting behind Ole in the social media and all that, funny thing, to me it looks like they knew what they were doing. Instead of big bad Mourinho who was telling them they are shit they finally got a 'friend boss', a nice guy who'll pat you on your back, say nice things about you in the media, prop you up and all that shit. Now you can either thrive on the belief of your boss or simply abuse it. And our players have no problem with abusing it. So they got rid of old cnut Mourinho for a new friendly boss, upped their game so that he gets a new contract et voila, here we are. Now they know that Ole's the manager and he will be one until at least half of the next season if not beyond that (irrespective of the results) so they can revert back to their old good selves.

They already know that if they will want to, they'll drop their tools again if Ole becomes the bad guy in Mou's ilk (and I think it's slowly getting to Ole what's really going on behind the scences, hence recent change of tone), Woodward has bent over to such bullshit before so he'll bend over so they can do whatever the feck they please. It's the players power at its best here.
Why would they down tools if they now have what they wanted? Are the players at their happiest when they get schooled by Everton and Wolves and end up finishing 6th?

I won't argue that the players didn't even want to try to win yesterday, but I don't understand what they are trying to achieve by downing their tools now if their "coup" was already successful. There obviously is a major problem somewhere but your logic doesn't really add up.

crossy1686

career ending
I think some of you have forgotten what Fergie thinks on this matter:

If the day came that the manager of Manchester United was controlled by the players—in other words, if the players decided how the training should be, what days they should have off, what the discipline should be, and what the tactics should be—then Manchester United would not be the Manchester United we know,” he said. “Before I came to United, I told myself I wasn’t going to allow anyone to be stronger than I was. Your personality has to be bigger than theirs. That is vital. There are occasions when you have to ask yourself whether certain players are affecting the dressing-room atmosphere, the performance of the team, and your control of the players and staff. If they are, you have to cut the cord. There is absolutely no other way. It doesn’t matter if the person is the best player in the world. The long-term view of the club is more important than any individual, and the manager has to be the most important one in the club.” ~Sir Alex Ferguson

Ban

Bilić and McManaman both nailed it. In the past players were desparate to be at United. Now the club is afraid of players leaving and are hostage to them.
Scholes view it to simplistic, he scored 15 goals and that's that.

AmanNits04

As per usual he's spot on, especially with the City part. Watch KDB and Silva work their shit off each game. Now compare it with our two superstars in Martial and Pogba. Laughable.
Absolutely this.
They put in their shift, run hard and then also show creativity.
It's all nonsense theory when people say creative people don't work that hard on the pitch. I feel creative work harder then the usual ones.

hubbuh

Except he gets paid for this stuff so we should expect a level of analysis that's a bit better than an average caf member no ?
Does anyone expect a certain level of analysis from pundits?

I'm not sure why people are fixating on his mention of social media. Surely people can't disagree with the overall sentiment? We've all been championing the notion of a rotten core for years.

Lentwood

I like how when Gary Neville said this before the Newcastle game, he was unanimously agreed as "clueless". Now that the narrative has changed around here and the blame has been shifted he's heralded as a genius - all in the space of 5 months.
I'm not sure we "unanimously declared he was clueless"....there was a decent percentage applauding Gary for saying publicly what we had said on here for months/years

hubbuh

No he’s not, a bigger problem for us is our shite defence and playing Jones/Smalling/Young week in week out, whenever Matic (another non social media man) then has a poor game teams can cut through us like knifes through butter.

Time to finally fecking replace Rio & Vidic and get another top full back in. Defence needs a massive overhaul that won’t be fixed by an “alright on the ball” Swede and certainly won’t be fixed by other players being on social media less.
Did you watch the actual interview? Can we perhaps draw less focus on the fact he mentioned social media?

Did you watch the actual interview? Can we perhaps draw less focus on the fact he mentioned social media?
Forget social media or toxicity, our biggest problem at United is his old mates and our shite lack of investment in our back line for almost a decade.
Neville world class never replaced
Vidic world class never replaced
Rio world class never replaced

Anything else is shite excuses for our awful lack of investment into the most important area of the side. We’d prefer to plug holes with failed wingers or with CB’s who been failing again and again here for over 6 years.
If Solksjaer and the board don’t address this glaring issue this Summer, we can sign all the Di Maria’s, Sanchez, Matas, Martials we like but we’ll fail just as hard.

In Rainbows

Bilić and McManaman both nailed it. In the past players were desparate to be at United. Now the club is afraid of players leaving and are hostage to them.
Scholes view it to simplistic, he scored 15 goals and that's that.
Scholes is right this time.

As it is, United fans are subscribing to the idea that United can't get the top players that Madrid and Barca get. So how are you going to solve the problem by getting rid of your at the very least top 3 player? They're at odds with one another. On one hand, you're saying United should be above being hostage to a player, and on the other, you guys also say we can't get the best players.

Say you get rid of Pogba, you're still left with all the crap players. What changes? What makes selling Pogba and replacing him with 2 players preferable to just spending the transfer money and pairing those players up with Pogba? How are United fans so confident you're going to get a player better than Pogba when our recruitment has been crap the entire 6 years?

drdoityourself

Worth pointing out Di Maria was an absolute disgrace, not just to United but to the sport of football itself. A pathetic coward who makes even the most laughable performer in today's squad look half competent.

Using him as the basis of " blaming the flair players is wrong because some hard working chaps are pretty shite" isn't spot on at all...
Di Maria had 10 assist in 27 games. Even though he wasn't a right fit the club should have valued that very good output and replaced him with quality. But yet again we went with the grafters, first it was Young before Lingard took over.

Litch

Gary just sounded like someone on here had been handed a microphone after the game. I'd waiting till next weekend after the Chelsea game to see who he's on about cause at the moment I haven't got a clue. The obvious name is Pogs but he was equally defending him before the game so I'm not sure....

Keefy18

The players who believe they are world class and are on world class level contracts, yeah I'm expecting world class performances from them occasionally.

Call me old fashioned.
Only so much a single player can do. No one disputes the fact DDG is world class and he can't drag us to title challenges even, best we've managed is 2nd and a very distant 24 points of winners Man City.

Similarly Pogba a talented individual provides us with chances but we have the likes of Rashford and Lingard fluff their lines over an over.

Thebaldingbob

Ole has inherited a mishmash of players brought in by his predecessors, Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho.Let’s face it, some of these players were just panic buys, without any kind of plan of where they would fit into the team long term.

Some of our squad look like they don’t want to be there, and the others just aren’t good enough!

Even when City are winning 4-0 their players are still constantly chasing back trying to win that ball back.
Our lot just stroll about looking like they couldn’t care less about the result. These guys are not fit to wear the shirt!!
There’s no quick fix to this problem, but Ole needs to clear out the lazy Prima Donnas, starting with Pogba.
Ole’s biggest problem is sorting out our abysmal defence.
I wish him well on what will be a very long road to recovery. And I for one can’t see United winning anything for years.

ZupZup

Forget social media or toxicity, our biggest problem at United is his old mates and our shite lack of investment in our back line for almost a decade.
Neville world class never replaced
Vidic world class never replaced
Rio world class never replaced

Anything else is shite excuses for our awful lack of investment into the most important area of the side. We’d prefer to plug holes with failed wingers or with CB’s who been failing again and again here for over 6 years.
If Solksjaer and the board don’t address this glaring issue this Summer, we can sign all the Di Maria’s, Sanchez, Matas, Martials we like but we’ll fail just as hard.
I completely agree that we need a massive defensive overhaul... but Neville’s main point about our lack of effort is bang on.

Maybe we lose regardless because our defence is crap and our players aren’t as good as they seem to think they are... but there is no excuse for not giving 100% and too many of our players are nowhere near that in terms of effort. In an important match we should be desperate to win and our players run 4km less than Everton in that first half? You could see they wanted it more all over the pitch and it’s completely unacceptable. It’s not a coincidence that the best teams in this league are also some of the hardest working.

During the good run we had when Ole was appointed, we were starting to outrun our opponents again... we aren’t any more. That’s a big problem.

I completely agree that we need a massive defensive overhaul... but Neville’s main point about our lack of effort is bang on.

Maybe we lose regardless because our defence is crap and our players aren’t as good as they seem to think they are... but there is no excuse for not giving 100% and too many of our players are nowhere near that in terms of effort. In an important match we should be desperate to win and our players run 4km less than Everton in that first half? You could see they wanted it more all over the pitch and it’s completely unacceptable. It’s not a coincidence that the best teams in this league are also some of the hardest p

During the good run we had when Ole was appointed, we were starting to outrun our opponents again... we aren’t any more. That’s a big problem.
During the first run we had Lindelöf at right CB where he’s way more comfortable and Jones, we held the ball better and had more chance of counter attacks rather than Mr. hoof, it’s much easier to cover more distance when your defence is a huge part in getting your team up the pitch.
Twatting balls (De Gea is always guilty too) straight back to opponents is a sure fire way to lose momentum and run much less than your opponents.

I’ve been banging this drum for years though, I think we can buy player after player of the standard of Mata, Sanchez, Pogba but all will struggle until we get a World Class back four to help them out.

I also think the lack of composure in our back four is precisely why managers ended up turning to Fellaini, cause if you’ve got hoofer defenders, you may as well have Fellaini’s chest to fire it to.

SER19

Was about to reply by agreeing with you on the problems you state, and say that those and the problem Neville outlines re attitude can coexist and are equally damaging. The bolded bit spoils your post. Nobody ever said that, it’s a completely unnecessary add on to your post.

Was about to reply by agreeing with you on the problems you state, and say that those and the problem Neville outlines re attitude can coexist and are equally damaging. The bolded bit spoils your post. Nobody ever said that, it’s a completely unnecessary add on to your post.
They can coexist for sure, but I’m so fed of our horrific back four which I consider bottom half standard that every other excuse will pale in comparison to me until we fix it. We’ve had some great managers since SAF, and we’ve bought some truly brillant midfielders and attackers, but managers continue to fail & these new top players fail time & time again.
I genuinely believe that a World Class back four will see a massive upturn in everyone’s performancea, hell, even just playing Lindelöf at RCB alongside Jones saw an upturn, imagine what Koulibaly, Alderweireld and a proper RB would do for this side!!

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Typical Neville.

It has nothing to do with the shite at the back that were stinking the place out almost a decade ago against Basel does it Gaz? No, cause they were your mates so it must be the toxic social media players.
Neville is absolutely right here. People keep going on about our defense but look at the protection they get from Matic, Pogba and the likes of Martial and Mata when he plays. Compare this to how City and Liverpool defend and you'll see the problem. I'm quite sick of people making it out as though our legends have some sort of agenda against Pogba and his ilk. If he was consistently putting on great performances no one would give a sh*t as to what he's doing on social media. I'm at a loss as to how so many people on here can't seem to understand how important mentality is to succeed and how hardly any of our players have it, Neville is 100% spot on. The fault is not the manager's but of the recruitment who have assembled this group of mentally weak twats.

But I'm sure there are plenty on here who are only going to fixate on how Ole has no experience and how tactically he should have played it differently.

Keefy18

Poppycock? Jose's fallout with every club has to do with the same combination:

Player Power over the Club. Executive or ownership not having a better solution.

Chelsea - conflict with Abramovich.
Madrid - players. And we're talking similar to United, jovial jerking off international teammates and forgetting the badge not to mention in club alliances
Inter - none. Humble players. Humble executives. Humble fans.
Chelsea 2.0 - Hazard downing tools. Then when courted by Madrid with potential Jose reunion, all of a sudden a manager he'd work with again .
United - you know this.

Jose was not the right manager. Simply because of his football philosophy. He failed not because of that but for the same reason as all the others. His superiors and players are fecking whack. We literally have a multi variable controlled study in Ole's short time that makes it so goddam evident .

Listen to Ole's frustration. He's just short of throwing players under the bus like Jose after 4 months instead of the two seasons it took Jose. He's allaying transfer expectations because Ed is in charge. The whole thing is a fecking joke.

Hate Jose as much as you want, he's a dick. But he's a better football brain and manager than most . He may not have been a fit for United, but doesn't mean he's wrong.
This is more than a tad bit revisionist.

He routinely falls out with players at every club and it turns the squad against him over a period of time, at best it lasts 2 years or just slightly longer... hence the 3rd season syndrome. He's a poisonous & toxic man no doubt about it.

Jose fell out with Iker at Real and labelled him a "traitor, an informant" - echos of his words against Pogba no? This feud led Iker to be dropped and sold and in turn turned Pepe & Ramos against him. The final nail in his coffin was falling out with Ronaldo and basically blaming Ronaldo for the clubs failing in what Jose dubbed "his worst season in football".

A year after Jose arrived at Real, only Jose could come out with a doozy like this

"In my opinion, and in that of everyone, we are missing one more man, one more attacker."
  • Ronaldo had just scored 86 goals over the last 2 seasons
  • Benzema 30 plus goals
  • Higuain 50 goals approx
  • ADM & Ozil another 20 roughly between them
  • And finally Kaka & Adebayor another 20 plus goals over 2 seasons
In standard Jose fashion... If you ain't spending then you sure as s*it ain't trying!

Two articles that shows Jose in typical fashion alienating players, management, supporters and the media like and then reverting to a standard child like state and woe is me, I've succeeded and I'm loved elsewhere attitude.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...aldo-almost-came-to-blows-at-Real-Madrid.html

Another interesting quote from the article directly below... Isn't this NOW currently a problem for our United? I wouldn't blame him only for it by any means but Jose loves big name, instant impact type signings.

“Abramovich did not forget that between 2004 and 2007 Mourinho had tried to fill the team with players linked to Mendes and his friends. He did this with such devotion that he marginalised men such as Arjen Robben and Shevchenko, signed on the initiative of Abramovich.”
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ourinho-real-madrid-chelsea-manchester-united

Chelsea is no different, quotes and abusive terms like "betrayal" can be found about his fall out there. Both stints and the same word used. He didn't just fall out with Roman as you put it, he fell out with large portions of his squad on both occasions.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...inho-future-transfers-2007-exit-a8224361.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...the-axe-fell-on-Jose-Mourinho-at-Chelsea.html

Wherever he goes, its the same old story with Jose. He's the one constant in all of these fall outs at clubs. It can't just be summed up as coincidence and each club having "toxic" players and boards interfering.

All managers face some interference from board level, many learn to deal with it and carry out the job as best they can, but not in Jose's world. He prefers to create an escape and a monster pay off.

Ban

Scholes is right this time.

As it is, United fans are subscribing to the idea that United can't get the top players that Madrid and Barca get. So how are you going to solve the problem by getting rid of your at the very least top 3 player? They're at odds with one another. On one hand, you're saying United should be above being hostage to a player, and on the other, you guys also say we can't get the best players.

Say you get rid of Pogba, you're still left with all the crap players. What changes? What makes selling Pogba and replacing him with 2 players preferable to just spending the transfer money and pairing those players up with Pogba? How are United fans so confident you're going to get a player better than Pogba when our recruitment has been crap the entire 6 years?
So the solution is to give 200 million and pray to God Pogba wants to stay? Cause I can guarantee you that if he won't go this summer he'll surely leave the next.

Maticmaker

This. Neville is 100 percent right esp about work rate.
Ed Woodward has got his wish and turned us into the DisneyLand of world football; Euro Disney that is.
When transfers are made in part on marketability and when players' poor attitudes and performances and toxicity are tolerated at the expense of one of the greatest managers of all time simply to preserve marketability of said players and their ability to generate social media hits and likes and branding then the pendulum has swung too far in the direction of the suits.

Ed Woodward has to admit he has ultimately failed; his decisions are destroying the very brand he seeks to market and his inability to understand that a good football team can in of itself sustain branding by being competitive and successful, will be his undoing if he carries on being the CEO/Football Manager/Sporting Director he seemingly wants to be. He got the job on loyalty by the Glazers (He setup their credit facilities and acquisition of shares) and any other business would have sacked him by now. If this was a full plc again Woodward would have had serious questions to answer.

Everyone questioning Neville is falling into the same trap; Many of these players may have shown a spark or two but this match showed me who cannot be relied on when the chips are down.
These players owe Ole and us a big performance these next 4 games. If they don't even push for that top 4 - lose or win - then they can be shown the door and sold.

Back Ole 100 percent. If we are performing like this next year then by all means question him.

You are spot on with all of this, we are a multi-billion enterprise, that just happens to be fronted by football; the 'game' itself is now only a means to an end for Woodward. If Ed acknowledges that a successful side can self its self, then his own 'reason for existing' at the club becomes suspect!
Far better Woodward cultivates the impression with the owners that he keeps buying the right players (to sell shirts and gets hits on social media) its these dam managers that can't get them to play!

Reminds me of the Morecambe and Wise sketch with Andre Previn... "I am playing all the right notes... not necessarily in the right order!