New Book on Manchester United Youth

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
As many of you know I am a Manchester United Youth historian and together with a co-author we have written a book which chronicles the history of the Manchester Youth Team from 1932 until 2011.

The book is called 'Sons Of United' and all details can be found on www.sonsofunited.com

The book has 576 pages, over 500 photographs...many of which have never been seen publicly before, 320+ match reports and 115 player biographies.

The book is currently only available as a download via the site but we plan to print a hardback in the next couple of months that will be available before Christmas.

As we are self-publishing the book will not be available in bookshops...only through the official website.

Thanks

Levo

Band of Brothers
I'll be interested in the hardback when it's published.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Seen you been promoting this on twitter for a while now, and it looks great! Well done to you for making it, really amazing work.

sajeev

is there any chance the hardback would be available for delivery in the UK before the 10th of December?

Mr. MUJAC

Big thanks to so many supporters who have purchased the book so far...

Comments about the book include:

"This magnificent book has been written with total passion by two dedicated experts on the history of the Manchester United youth teams. Jam packed full of rare, or indeed unique, photo’s of past games, team photo’s and memorabilia it is a must read for anyone with even a passing interest in Manchester United.
The many years of research done by the authors is clear for all to see and they must be commended for their dedication in tracking down hundreds of ex players so they could be asked about their memories of past encounters. This book will give me many, many hours of pleasure whilst reading it and will be used as a reference book by many for years to come"

"Excellent piece of work, a great reminder to all of the United culture and tradition. I hope it really does get the recognition it justly deserves!"

"Sons of United is a fascinating book; an essential read for any true United fan. Immaculately researched and fantastically written, with Xmas coming you’d be hard pressed to find a better gift for the United fan in your life than a copy of this book."

"Thank you for the download. Congratulations you have produced a masterpiece. I now look forward to obtaining a hard copy, it is already on my Christmas present list. The detail is fantastic and it has filled some missing information in my Manchester United records. In the words of Sir Alex ‘well done’."

Download is available at www.sonsofunited.com

Limited copies of hardback available in next few months

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Sounds great! At mehro's suggestion, I've put a site wide announcement linking to this topic on every page, should hopefully get the book some added exposure

The Neviller

Hopefully this thread is updated when the hardback version is available because I'd be interested in buying it when it is.

RedLars

Looks great, and I'll be keeping an eye on this in hopes of getting a hardback copy!

Mr. MUJAC

Hardback will be available on the 30th of November.

Here is another piece of feedback:

"In the last 50 years many dozens of books have been written about United, but very few could be described as truly ground-breaking. Until now I would have said only two came into that category - Manchester United A Complete Record 1878-1986 (Ian Morrison and Alan Shury, 1986) and The Forgotten Fixtures (Iain McCartney, 2009). But Sons of United by Steve Hobin and Tony Park is certainly a truly ground-breaking achievement too. Charting the development of the United youth system since the 1930s, it is thoroughly researched, incredibly detailed and profusely illustrated. It includes reports on all of United's Youth Cup matches and provides fascinating biographies of dozens of youth players past and present. It would be an ideal gift for any United fan, but anyone interested in the development of footballing talent will find this magnificent book engrossing too."

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Hadn't seen this thread, looks like a cracking book, hopefully I'll be able to order a hard back copy for my brother for Christmas. :)

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Is there a resource online that list the youth team players by season? I'd love to have a look at the 89-91 teams to try to find a name.

Mr. MUJAC

Is there a resource online that list the youth team players by season? I'd love to have a look at the 89-91 teams to try to find a name.
What are you after?

The "Sons of United" website www.sonsofunited.com has a Statistics section which lists every youth player by age and by birthday...while the book has the line-ups from every game.

If I can help I will.

Mr. MUJAC

I will be in the Trafford Centre near Costa Coffee on the ground level with copies of my book "Sons of United" today from 12:00 to 2:00 for all those people who have bought the book via the website www.sonsofunited.com and wish to collect.

Alternatively if you are in the vicinity and wish to purchase a copy we will have spares so pop along and say hello.

We wil be in Sale tomorrow, Old Trafford on Wednesday and Friday and other locations around Manchester between now and Christmas.

Thanks for all your support.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Thanks for bumping this thread, I've just purchased my hardback copy online for delivery to France. Do you have any idea how long it will take to be delivered?

Looks like a cracking book, will be a lovely Christmas present! :)

Decotron

I will be in the Trafford Centre near Costa Coffee on the ground level with copies of my book "Sons of United" today from 12:00 to 2:00 for all those people who have bought the book via the website www.sonsofunited.com and wish to collect.

Alternatively if you are in the vicinity and wish to purchase a copy we will have spares so pop along and say hello.

We wil be in Sale tomorrow, Old Trafford on Wednesday and Friday and other locations around Manchester between now and Christmas.

Thanks for all your support.
Best of luck with it, the book looks fantastic

Mr. MUJAC

Thanks for bumping this thread, I've just purchased my hardback copy online for delivery to France. Do you have any idea how long it will take to be delivered?

Looks like a cracking book, will be a lovely Christmas present! :)
It will be posted out via UPS in the next couple of days so I would guess early next week if not earlier.

Thanks for your order and really hope you enjoy it!

:-)

sajeev

Have ordered my copy to be delivered to India. I guess I will be getting it some time in Feb, right?

Rooney in Paris

Scout
It will be posted out via UPS in the next couple of days so I would guess early next week if not earlier.

Thanks for your order and really hope you enjoy it!

:-)
That's great, thank you very much for the response.

Hope the book does well, it's a great idea and I'm sure it will be lovely. I'll give some feedback in here as soon as I have it!

Mr. MUJAC

I will in Trafford Borough Council in the library section tomorrow from 12:00 to 2:00 with copies of "Sons of United" for both sale and collection.

If you're in the neighbourhood then feel free to pop in and take a look!

NM

I read some of the book (in pdf form)after ordering online a while back. It is fascinating, and I would recommend everybody who has ANY interest in the club to read it.

Great job Mr MUJAC.

Mr. MUJAC

I will be in the Trafford Centre tomorrow from 12:00 to 2:00 with copies of 'Sons of United" (Costa Coffee ground floor).

Pop along and pick up a copy or just stop by and have a look at it.

Cheers

Platato

Psst!
Brilliant! I've been looking for something like this. It's going to be the perfect Christmas gift. Thanks Tony!

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Received my copy today via UPS in perfect condition. It's a beautiful book that you should really get if you're interested in the history of the club I suppose. Though I've only shortly looked through it, you can see the amount of dedication that's gone into it, the precision and the research. It's really great. Also, Tony was very quick in answering my query and very helpful which was great. I got it as a Christmas gift for my brother, but it's so nice I'll probably get myself a copy soon.

Perfect gift to pop under the Christmas tree!

NM

Going to read the entirety of this book (read a bit earlier) on a 15 hour flight tomorrow. Looking forward to it!