New forum for football talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Perhaps he saw them in the members list at the top of the page and when he clicked that persons profile, saw they were in the Newbies?
Yep, couldn't see his previous posts or threads so he must be in the newbies.

It will be something very innocent, Frosty is probably the best poster we've had coming through this year.
Why thank you :cool:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I always liked Murphman and Spammy (although the later needs a sense of humour! ;)), KFC was ok until his recent downslide, plus Davo can be fun to watch in action (before increasingly getting caught up in his own self-importance).
The verdict: We have a bunch of fine dippers on the forum.

pert

How about...

A serious football forum and then a general football forum

General would be for banter with rival fans, light debate and football stuff in general, were we could take the piss out of the scousers...

With the serious one being for decent football debate, and any feckwits being banned

Frosty

I rate Murph and Spammy - I think there should be a separate forum for DJS though.

He could get into an argument with a urinal. All in all, the rival fans and the banter we have with them is what first persuaded me to join.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
How about...

General would be for banter with rival fans, light debate and football stuff in general, were we could take the piss out of the scousers...

With the serious one being for decent football debate, with feckwits being banned
That kind idea was used during the Tevez saga on 2 threads about him.

It worked.

Frosty

How about...

With the serious one being for decent football debate, with feckwits being banned
The trouble with this arrangement is that after a couple of months, there will be a hell of a lot of overlap, and the rules won't get followed, and eventually they will be merged back together

pert

Not if the mods enforce bannings of feckwits

It should be given a chance at least

Frosty

True, but I am of the opinion that the football forums should be 'purged' before other forums set up. I think we are heading down the route Davo proposed otherwise. The 'general' football forum, would, in my opinion, turn into just a 'general' forum, and we already have one of those

pert

Yes, but this would be a general to talk about football in general

Not like the current general, we don't talk about football in there

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Not if the mods enforce bannings of feckwits

It should be given a chance at least

No need.

Keep the current structure, otherwise the forum becomes too cluttered and spreed out. Just ban the dick heads, that's all that needs to happen.

The one thing that appealed to me most about this site was the symplicity of it, no avatars, no sigs, not cluttered in any way, a bare minimum of forums with all we need. You look at some forums and it is difficult to know where to post what and what is actually a post and what is just some crap ego bollox sig.

Keep it the way it is, just ban the fecknuts.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I didn't even think KFC was that bad personally ... he had a moment when we won the premo but he was getting back on track ...

pert

I'll remember you said that the next time one pisses you off
If everyone was into serious football debate, how shit would this place be?

We need the spastics, well some of them anyway, for the general...

It's good to rip the piss out of them

Davo

How about...

With the serious one being for decent football debate, and any feckwits being banned
Amazing

Why didn't I think of that?

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
How about...

Amazing

Why didn't I think of that?
err from before...

I agree with just keeping it how it is and enforcing the rules a lot more.

There are a few ideas I can put forward though...

Seen as the general is taken up by social things maybe the one idea to look into would be creating a 'general football thread' which would contain more relaxed football posts like new shirt and that kind of type leaving the main football thread for more serious discussion.

For example, a general football thread could contain a thread of this nature (thread 1, thread 2 or thread 3). This would then leave threads like this, or this in the serious football discussion.
I don't believe there is much of a problem with the Manchester United forum as you can't always have it perfect, can you..
The problem would then be the amount of duplicate threads there would be. You may be able to distinguish the difference but then will the spastics!?

(I made a mistake in the original post where it says 'general football thread' which of course should be forum!)

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Well no, it's not. If it was there wouldn't be the huge number of spastics spamming up the forums
Actually Davo, it is working very well.

Since I was scouting before the new system was in effect, I can tell you it is a definite improvement. Oh, and the main point of the scouting system isn't to decide on which quality posters to promote, that's not the main reason we have it. It's to stop the complete wums and stop repeatedly banned posters from entering. As a second thought, we are meant to judge the quality of the poster to see them promoted.

That's not the newbie promoting system at fault at all, we just have to be a bit tougher now. Not to mention, many of the posters actually look quality when they are promoted, and then they turn into idiots when they get here, often because posters in the mains do not lead by example.

Davo

Since I was scouting before the new system was in effect, I can tell you it is a definite improvement. Oh, and the main point of the scouting system isn't to decide on which quality posters to promote, that's not the main reason we have it. It's to stop the complete wums and stop repeatedly banned posters from entering. As a second thought, we are meant to judge the quality of the poster to see them promoted.

That's not the newbie promoting system at fault at all, we just have to be a bit tougher now. Not to mention, many of the posters actually look quality when they are promoted, and then they turn into idiots when they get here, often because posters in the mains do not lead by example.
It may be an improvement on something else, or working in some sort of capacity. However, it clearly isn't working in the sense of preventing rubbish posters being promoted to the new forums....

Hectic

Supports
30fps
That's not the newbie system that is at fault for the rubbish posters, but us scouts and mods for promoting them.....Which is why we are changing the process and making it much tougher to break through.

mehro

Ass face
It may be an improvement on something else, or working in some sort of capacity. However, it clearly isn't working in the sense of preventing rubbish posters being promoted to the new forums....
The new system has been in place for only a couple of months. I think the quality of posters being promoted will improve over time.

pert

You can't expect every poster that is promoted to be a great poster

They need time to develop into great posters

Most of the ones promoted have the potential

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Not to mention the amount that get bullied on here when first promoted anyway as Marcos pointed out.

It's a two way process, you can't expect all newbies who are promoted to be instantly brilliant, when they are being taken the piss out of as well.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I still think some of the older/better posters should head right back in there and set an example. I'm going to devote more time myself (not that I'm suggesting I fall into either category), it's worth a shot!

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I still think some of the older/better posters should head right back in there and set an example. I'm going to devote more time myself (not that I'm suggesting I fall into either category), it's worth a shot!
Exactly the same here.

I reckon that's all that needs to happen, that and a bit of heavy moderating on the idiots.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
i'm getting tired of all this argument, the senior posters know how to manage and they need no help, who really needs help are the newbies that come here and are wellcome like shit

and that's what we should do

Noy yo Fdart

this is a shite idea, to be honest. no poster here is capable of intelligent discussion. on anything.

Bearded but no genius

That's where everything went wrong.

Before you were here, it wasn't a floodgates thing, it let the quality though.

About a year ago, perhaps due to other events, we went loopy and started promoting anyone who could remember their password.

The quality bit should be first, as it was for a very long time before 2006.

pert

As a scout you should be stuck in the newbies

For a week

Bearded but no genius

i'm getting tired of all this argument, the senior posters know how to manage and they need no help, who really needs help are the newbies that come here and are wellcome like shit

and that's what we should do
I agree.

Lets make sure to give the newbies a shit welcome! :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.