Newcastle United - 23/24 season

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Gordon and Isak will be a star for them this season. Tonali looks class. They play with an intensity and chemistry that is similiar to a sir Alex Ferguson team. I have to change my prediction, wouldn't be surprised if they make top 4 again this season

Last edited:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Oil funded team looking good after buying players that would never be there if not for oil money?

No way

JuriM

Gordon will be a star for them this season. Tonali looks class. They play with an intensity and chemistry that is similiar to a sir Alex Ferguson team. I have to change my prediction, wouldn't be surprised if they make top 4 again this season
Thing is with CL, they do have to do it twice per week, all fall. Without suffering from fitness nor injuries.

Redstain

They've spent well, not sure what reshaping they have done in the hierarchy but as a collective they probably have a better quality and more balanced midfield than United. Isak was slowly nurtured into the first team later in the previous season. It's something i'd hoped United would have done with Antony as opposed to thrusting every new signing into the first team with minimal time to adjust its a lot of pressure.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Thing is with CL, they do have to do it twice per week, all fall. Without suffering from fitness nor injuries.
I wonder how many of them are asthmatic.

Andersons Dietician

Only catching the last 20 minutes of this but Tonali looking like he out there playing in a robe and slippers. He been this good all game?

hobbers

Would fancy them to finish top 3 if it weren’t for CL football and their squad having relatively little depth.

Dan Burn and Bruno playing 2 games a week? Isak and Wilson also fairy injury prone.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Only catching the last 20 minutes of this but Tonali looking like he out there playing in a robe and slippers. He been this good all game?
He’s been very impressive, quite a few Newcastle players have, but Villa have been awful and look absolutely shell shocked, especially in the last 15 minutes.

Adamsk7

I don’t think they’ve been that good, just Villa have been absolutely diabolical!

Torres having one of those highly rated defender experiences the speed of the premier league for the first time types of games

Andersons Dietician

He’s been very impressive, quite a few Newcastle players have, but Villa have been awful and look absolutely shell shocked, especially in the last 15 minutes.
I see what you mean by Villa being awful. Playing suicide football with that high line.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They look very good, both tactically and physically.

izec

I don’t think they’ve been that good, just Villa have been absolutely diabolical!

Torres having one of those highly rated defender experiences the speed of the premier league for the first time types of games
Torres is not suited to the league. Lindelöf 2.0. He is also not that good. Ended up at Villa for a reason.

Zagoon

Supports
Arsenal
Newcastle will be up there this season, dont make a mistake by doubting them. They are absolutely fire and will blow away most teams in the league who cannot hold the ball well under their extreme press and positioning.

Lets see what Liverpool do in the window, as they still need a six and a center back. But I have Newcastle in the top 4 for sure.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Newcastle will be up there this season, dont make a mistake by doubting them. They are absolutely fire and will blow away most teams in the league who cannot hold the ball well under their extreme press and positioning.

Lets see what Liverpool do in the window, as they still need a six and a center back. But I have Newcastle in the top 4 for sure.
It’s probably worth talking about the top 5 this season

FrantikChicken

They've spent well, not sure what reshaping they have done in the hierarchy but as a collective they probably have a better quality and more balanced midfield than United. Isak was slowly nurtured into the first team later in the previous season. It's something i'd hoped United would have done with Antony as opposed to thrusting every new signing into the first team with minimal time to adjust its a lot of pressure.
Isak spent a lot of the first half of the season injured and not match fit. Nothing to do with easing him in. He would’ve been starting from the get go if he was fit

FrantikChicken

It's money they shouldn't have... no matter how they've used it.

And yes, I don't want Qatar at United
This is an irrelevant point. They could’ve been bought by western owners and still created this squad. It’s not like they’ve spent billions. Are teams not allowed to be purchased by richer owners? Get over it.

the fact is their structure looks really good and their recruitment has been top notch.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'm sure they'll do alright this season but this was one game against a team committing some suicide defending. Ye can calm down with the giddy "arguably better than Arsenal", "look good for top four", "we should have signed Tonali" proclamations for a few weeks.