Newcastle United - 23/24 season

L. Robert

Supports
Newcastle
Newcastle's fanbase really is embarrasing these days, one minute they all have tea towels on heads in the stands and the next they are attending Saudi Arabia matches carrying Saudi Arabian flags and wearing Saudi Arabian coloured shirts.
Tiny minority of dickheads, please don’t spread lies. Can’t remember the last time I saw any local wearing a tea towel at a match. I don’t know how the attendances were for the Saudi matches but from what I’ve read it was mostly attended by families and students who struggle to get tickets for NUFC games and wanted a day out.

Agree about the video posted above, absolutely embarrassing stuff but it’s once again a minority and in no way represent the views of the whole fanbase.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Newcastle's fanbase really is embarrasing these days, one minute they all have tea towels on heads in the stands and the next they are attending Saudi Arabia matches carrying Saudi Arabian flags and wearing Saudi Arabian coloured shirts.
They always were

SER19

:lol:

Love to see it. Such a rotten club and rotten to watch. Pope is surely the most unwatchable player of all time. Time wastes to a degree that is just disgraceful, not just tonight, but all the time. Every time he concedes late, I enjoy it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Have to say even by this season's standard that was one of the worst penalty awards I've ever seen.

Felt like three seasons ago when penalties were being given for hitting the hand at ridiculous angles and speed. Ball hits Livramento on his chest and then loops up to his arm, as they said on comms that wouldn't actually be given in the prem.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Didn’t realise what thought time they were having with injuries until the ‘commentary’ team informed us every 3 minutes on Saturday.

Makes me even happier for them

JuriM

Didn’t realise what thought time they were having with injuries until the ‘commentary’ team informed us every 3 minutes on Saturday.

Makes me even happier for them
Same was with Manchester United, when we had the height of our injury crisis this fall - every game I watched it was said like 10x that we have like 10+ players out and nobody to bring on from the bench - although we are doing woefully on the pitch. Ok I get it say it like once or twice, but don't like throw it out every 10 mins.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Trippier, Wilson and Almiron perhaps on the way out this window, Bruno likely in the summer...

Four key players to the way Howe sets up and what he wants from his side.

Definitely think the charges to us and Forest (City too) have made clubs shite themselves, especially Newcastle.

Last edited:

Rockets Redglare

Trippier and Almiron perhaps on the way out this window, Bruno likely in the summer...

Three key players to the way Howe sets up and what he wants from his side.
They must be shitting themselves over FFP or something. Makes absolutely no sense to lose Trippier and Almiron in January.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They must be shitting themselves over FFP or something. Makes absolutely no sense to lose Trippier and Almiron in January.
Yep, just edited...think the charges to us and Forest and pending City trial have made them rethink.

MegadrivePerson

Trippier, Wilson and Almiron perhaps on the way out this window, Bruno likely in the summer...

Four key players to the way Howe sets up and what he wants from his side.

Definitely think the charges to us and Forest (City too) have made clubs shite themselves, especially Newcastle.
It sort of makes sense in that Trippier and Wilson are 33 and 32, so this is probably the last chance to cash in on them.

After a purple patch last season, Almiron has gone back to his real level this season too, so no surprises that they are selling him now too either.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It sort of makes sense in that Trippier and Wilson are 33 and 32, so this is probably the last chance to cash in on them.

After a purple patch last season, Almiron has gone back to his real level this season too, so no surprises that they are selling him now too either.
I don't think it can be understated though how valuable those type of players are to the dressing room and squad though. Almiron less so but Trippier and Wilson are big characters for them.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
No other competitions to play for and Livramento/Isak in those positions. It makes sense to sell them.

Almiron is average and they can probably play a returning Barnes on the right instead.

It’s the type of sales they have to make in order to move forward.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

I wonder if they'll be the same outrage as to when we were apparently finessing the system by letting one of the clubs take one of our best ever players for free and a recently world class keeper for £20m :lol:

Maluco

I wonder if they'll be the same outrage as to when we were apparently finessing the system by letting one of the clubs take one of our best ever players for free and a recently world class keeper for £20m :lol:
There definitely was a meeting though and more players on high contracts were attempted. Lukaku only wanted Italy, Ziyech contract was changed after his medical, Aubameyang and Hudson-Odoi didn’t fancy the moves.

Chelsea still managed to get rid of two flops and get a broken Kante off the books.

Just because the result was lighter than intended doesn’t mean it wasn’t underhanded.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
There definitely was a meeting though and more players on high contracts were attempted. Lukaku only wanted Italy, Ziyech contract was changed after his medical, Aubameyang and Hudson-Odoi didn’t fancy the moves.

Chelsea still managed to get rid of two flops and get a broken Kante off the books.

Just because the result was lighter than intended doesn’t mean it wasn’t underhanded.
Chelsea were trying to renew his contract. He's the one that wanted to leave and he knew we could never match Saudi's contract offer.

Maluco

Chelsea were trying to renew his contract. He's the one that wanted to leave and he knew we could never match Saudi's contract offer.
I am sure that’s the official line to a club legend, but he couldn’t string two games together anymore and hadn’t been able to for a long time. 9 appearances in the season before he was sold.

He is a big name who they cashed in on, but he had little playing value to Chelsea going forward and they knew that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I am sure that’s the official line to a club legend, but he couldn’t string two games together anymore and hadn’t been able to for a long time. 9 appearances in the season before he was sold.

He is a big name who they cashed in on, but he had little playing value to Chelsea going forward and they knew that.
It's a nice theory but I don't think it holds up when you consider that he was a free agent. He was an out of contract player who chose to move to Saudi instead of extending with Chelsea.

Maluco

It's a nice theory but I don't think it holds up when you consider that he was a free agent. He was an out of contract player who chose to move to Saudi instead of extending with Chelsea.
It still saved a hefty wage for a player that wasn’t playing and was long past his best. Just one name on quite a large list that was attempted.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It still saved a hefty wage for a player that wasn’t playing and was long past his best. Just one name on quite a large list that was attempted.
You do realise as an out of contract free transfer the club didn't benefit from Kante going there whatsoever?

Maluco

You do realise as an out of contract free transfer the club didn't benefit from Kante going there whatsoever?
Saved them from a costly renewal, which they might well have felt needed to be offered after a season of injury to a legend. Small potatoes I know, but there was a laundry list of names attempted outside of Kante.

Its disingenuous to suggest that Chelsea were criticized for two transfers. The meeting and the numerous attempts was what caught peoples’ ire.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Saved them from a costly renewal, which they might well have felt needed to be offered after a season of injury to a legend. Small potatoes I know, but there was a laundry list of names attempted outside of Kante.

Its disingenuous to suggest that Chelsea were criticized for two transfers. The meeting and the numerous attempts was what caught peoples’ ire.
Why would we be under any obligation to renew? Infact the way Clearlake have moved suggests the only way it would have happened is if he agreed to a significant wage cut.

Maluco

Why would we be under any obligation to renew? Infact the way Clearlake have moved suggests the only way it would have happened is if he agreed to a significant wage cut.
Clubs can be quite loyal to legends. I mean, it’s only a suggestion, but it’s far easier to cut ties with such a loveable character in the squad and with the fans if he takes an offer he can’t refuse.

As I said, with or without Kante involved, there was a large list of names that were attempted.

RedRocket9908

Im not sure if its true but a few French media channels are tonight reporting that Newcastle have opened discussions with Jose Mourinho about becoming new manager.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Yep, just edited...think the charges to us and Forest and pending City trial have made them rethink.
Will be quite convenient to have a large chunk of that FFP worry go away quickly. If only they knew someone to help them tap into the Saudi money market..