Newcastle United now owned by the PIF | PL receives "legally binding assurances that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will not control NUFC" ;)

Dr. StrangeHate

And how do you think those clubs established those histories? I'll give you one example that implicates all 3 of the self proclaimed history clubs.

Arsenal haven't been relegated in a billion years, ironically they weren't promoted into the top division either. They were voted in on the back of Liverpool throwing a match to save Manchester United from being relegated (how times have changed eh...) which saw Spurs relegated instead and the league descend into a farce before it was put on hold for WW1.

When the league resumed 3 years later, were Spurs and Chelsea reinstated? Nope, would the newly 22 instead of 20 team league take the the top 4 from the 2nd division? Nope. Just the top 2 and 2 voted in clubs.

Chelsea who got shafted by the match fixing were given one spot. So where would the other go, Spurs who got relegated, 3rd placed Barnsley from Division 2. Nope at the sway of Sir Henry Norris (he was an MP btw...) Arsenal were elected in ahead of both. Interesting that, the 3 clubs who like to proclaim themselves as self made and built from nothing and fully earned. 1 bribed the other to stave off a relegation that could have changed the shape of English football, while the 3rd used an mp to bully their way in ahead of those deserving. But yeah.. sporting merit all throughout history is what put certain clubs in certain spots.

Just imagine how different football could have been.. but yeah earned on sporting merit right. We could also talk about the time United went bust and shity evil, awful Abu Dhabi loving City helped prevent them going bust etc.. History sir, is written by the victors.
Is this a movie plot?

Teja

What?

Don't go all racist on me.
The owners are muslim. Why wouldn't they buy players who believe what they believe?

If it's a too sensitive issue fine, i'll delete the post.
Just to be clear, no way in hell is this a dig for any religion.
I mean leave out football clubs which are worth hundreds of millions with a bunch of public scrutiny, even normal small business owners don't operate like that.

You really think if you start a business you'll only hire people that belong to some protected subgroup (religion / race / whatever)? (a) That's just straight up discrimination (b) You want the best person you can afford for the job, or you're going bust.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Is this a movie plot?
Nope its factual history of football. Its not even hard to find. Sounds like one though... I know alot of supporters of those clubs don't know their own history and think their clubs were built by saints and hard work, but the truth is a lot shadier. I should also add I'm sure United, Liverpool and Arsenal aren't the only clubs guilty of this shit either just an example because it contains all 3 clubs known as the clubs who built themselves and 2 of them Englands most successful and biggest.

Last edited:

DickDastardly

I mean leave out football clubs which are worth hundreds of millions with a bunch of public scrutiny, even normal small business owners don't operate like that.

You really think if you start a business you'll only hire people that belong to some protected subgroup (religion / race / whatever)? (a) That's just straight up discrimination (b) You want the best person you can afford for the job, or you're going bust.
Well, that's not really the truth is it.

A lot of Huge companies discriminate.
They hire mostly men over women.
Some even discriminate over race, prefer asians, more hardworking cliches, etc...lots of examples.

And the thing is, you have at least a 100 great football players, in their prime, who happen to be of islamic religion.

Namely Salah, Pogba, Rudiger, Kante ...

Im just wondering if they will prefer them?

All these digs and jokes on Saudis, most of them funny and not PC, but one mention of religion and every body jumps on my back.
Didn't even mean to go there, just found it interesing to discuss.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Prediction: we suddenly get an influx of newcastle fans on the cafe.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Well, that's not really the truth is it.

A lot of Huge companies discriminate.
They hire mostly men over women.
Some even discriminate over race, prefer asians, more hardworking cliches, etc...lots of examples.

And the thing is, you have at least a 100 great football players, in their prime, who happen to be of islamic religion.

Namely Salah, Pogba, Rudiger, Kante ...

Im just wondering if they will prefer them?

All these digs and jokes on Saudis, most of them funny and not PC, but one mention of religion and every body jumps on my back.
Didn't even mean to go there, just found it interesing to discuss.
City haven't that policy in place nor do PSG why would Newcastle?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Spurs and Arsenal are probably thinking "yep, there is just no way back now. Midtable mediocrity forever". Leicester too.
To be honest, some of us have been thinking that for years after we've seen how little Kroenke cares about trying to rebuild success.

Superunknown

The only way to level things up is for every club to have an Arab takeover.

Wait until some random club like Port Vale gets one.

Oranges038

Who here thinks they're gonna go after all the muslim players?

That's what.... throwing money at Salah, Pogba...who else would join that?
I think they'll all be queuing up for the money of the guy who thinks what the Chinese are doing muslims is ok and thinks they are a great bunch of lads altogether. That is of course, once they keep doing business with him.

avgp_1

Imagine being a Sunderland fan right now, stuck in League One while your biggest rivals hit the jackpot

Zen86

The statement: People are reacting like they can go out tomorrow and buy a whole new team....to which you said 'of course they can'

The implication therefore being that they will buy a new team in January.

Which they won't.
Well, they can buy a team in January if they really want.

But no, nobody is saying they are going to buy a new team tomorrow, so stop being ridiculous.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Well, they can buy a team in January if they really want.

But no, nobody is saying they are going to buy a new team tomorrow, so stop being ridiculous.
Anyone can buy a new team if they wanted, admittedly the quality may suffer with a less affluent club.

The implication here was that they will.

I'm not sure I'm the one being ridiculous, but as you were.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Football is very strange at the moment.

Owners with ambition are seen as the enemy, whilst owners with no ambition are given a free pass for using clubs as a cash cow with no interest in anything but making money.
Like who?

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Don't know whats so funny but ok.

Muslim lifestyle is a bit different, especially top athletes.

Praying at certain specific times,halal food, etc.

I don't know, seemed like a legit question to contribute. Maybe not, what do i know.
Sounds like you are a bit ignorant not racist tbh. :lol:

Zen86

Anyone can buy a new team if they wanted, admittedly the quality may suffer with a less affluent club.

The implication here was that they will.

I'm not sure I'm the one being ridiculous, but as you were.
The implication is that the club backed by the £320bn SA PIF has greater buying power than anyone else.

Anything else you would like to discuss?

decorativeed

And how do you think those clubs established those histories? I'll give you one example that implicates all 3 of the self proclaimed history clubs.

Arsenal haven't been relegated in a billion years, ironically they weren't promoted into the top division either. They were voted in on the back of Liverpool throwing a match to save Manchester United from being relegated (how times have changed eh...) which saw Spurs relegated instead and the league descend into a farce before it was put on hold for WW1.

When the league resumed 3 years later, were Spurs and Chelsea reinstated? Nope, would the newly 22 instead of 20 team league take the the top 4 from the 2nd division? Nope. Just the top 2 and 2 voted in clubs.

Chelsea who got shafted by the match fixing were given one spot. So where would the other go, Spurs who got relegated, 3rd placed Barnsley from Division 2. Nope at the sway of Sir Henry Norris (he was an MP btw...) Arsenal were elected in ahead of both. Interesting that, the 3 clubs who like to proclaim themselves as self made and built from nothing and fully earned. 1 bribed the other to stave off a relegation that could have changed the shape of English football, while the 3rd used an mp to bully their way in ahead of those more deserving. But yeah.. sporting merit all throughout history is what put certain clubs in certain spots.

Just imagine how different football could have been.. We could also talk about the time United were going out of business and shity evil, awful Abu Dhabi loving City helped prevent them going bust etc..

History sir, is written by the victors.
Yeah, the first part of this is well documented. The second bit, I think you'd have put equal effort into if there was more than an anecdotal story about it.

FatTails

Football is very strange at the moment.

Owners with ambition are seen as the enemy, whilst owners with no ambition are given a free pass for using clubs as a cash cow with no interest in anything but making money.
That’s your hot take? You know a whole world exists outside of fecking football right?

Jesus Christ. I’m sure the families of all the dead dissidents, Khashoggi’s fiancé, and the families of all the slaughtered Yemenis will be thrilled once they learn about MBS’s ambitions for Newcastle and which wingers he has lined up for the first 11.

I’m done with football fans.

DickDastardly

Sounds like you are a bit ignorant not racist tbh. :lol:
Ignorant?
For what? Saying it's harder to be a muslim footballer?
For example, alcoholic beverages being major sponsors while alchohol is forbidden in your religion. And then you have to make a statement like Pogba had to while a bottle of Heineken was in front of him.

Not to mention that Salah was fasting before a deciding semifinal game in the CL.

How is it that i'm ignorant?

Educate me then please.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
So you're telling me if they took over Corinthians tonight instead you would be posting on here?
If Corinthians became the world's richest football club I think we'd probably discuss that yeah.

EtH

Great. So they can start chucking money around in January to avoid relegation.

What a farce this is.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
This is sickening and will kill the Sport.

I was against the European super league but to be honest… let it happen.

The biggest and richest clubs in the world will just get richer and the other poor will stay poor so let’s separate them.

Newcastle won’t be the last club to become oil rich and relevant so put all the oil miner clubs and the traditional rich clubs in one league.

All the rest of the clubs would compete in the CL without them. Imagine how much more even and unexpected the results would be. These clubs would receive more money and grow and I don’t have to watch Newcastle vs PSG or City every week.

like I said this won’t be the last oil money club it’s just the beginning so let’s seperate them now.