Newcastle United sign Alexander Isak from Real Sociedad for €70m rising to €75m

wangyu

I can’t find that dribble anywhere, not on youtube because the premier league probably does not allow that, not either here because for some reason I am not allowed to watch it, not on sky sports either because I cannot watch that in my region.
I’ m not overreacting when I say I hate the modern media landscape. I can’t ever watch anything.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I can’t find that dribble anywhere, not on youtube because the premier league probably does not allow that, not either here because for some reason I am not allowed to watch it, not on sky sports either because I cannot watch that in my region.
I’ m not overreacting when I say I hate the modern media landscape. I can’t ever watch anything.
Link 1
Link 2

Try there to see if you can see the play.

Righteous Steps

He reminds me of Kanu, his got loads of quality and a lovely touch for such an ungainly looking player.

wangyu

Link 1
Link 2

Try there to see if you can see the play.
Thanks. The first link didn’t work, the 2nd link wanted to work but in the end didn’t. But someone else already pointed me to the right direction!

Beautiful play, this is what I want to see more of in football!

Syphon Wallet

Why does he not play more , injurys?
He has an insane record for mins played, yet seems to be benched every game.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Decent chance YouTube deemed Everton's defending to be too offensive to keep it up.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Aside from that goal against Spurs, Keane is doing everything again to show why Lampard was right to drop him, absolute poo.

Technically brilliant from Isak though, it's easy to see where the Henry comparisons come from.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He reminds me of Kanu, his got loads of quality and a lovely touch for such an ungainly looking player.
Kanu was one of the most popular players in my neighbourhood when I was a kid. The streets loved him more than almost any other PL player in my lifetime.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You get the feeling that Newcastle have really accelerated their progress by just making 3 amazing signings in Trippier, Bruno Guimaraes and Isak. Especially the latter 2, who are exactly the profile of players every team in the world wants, young, reasonable price and quickly developed into top class players who can grow to be world class. And then to kick on from that, it's a no brainer for them to sign Maddison too this summer, would be surprised if they don't.

RuudTom83

Goes to show they are so many good players out there!

Yet United will waste millions over paying for a Kane or a Bellingham….Shop smart people!

Righteous Steps

Kanu was one of the most popular players in my neighbourhood when I was a kid. The streets loved him more than almost any other PL player in my lifetime.
Kanu was an incredible player especially in his younger days, if he didn't have a heart defect i think he would have been even better, it stripped him or didn't allow him to get the best out of his physical attributes which he had at Ajax, so he had to rely more on his technical ability which was elite.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The more I watch him play, the more I feel he's a superstar in the making. Thought it last season, and I think he's going to go on to have a fantastic season this term, injuries permitting.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You get the feeling that Newcastle have really accelerated their progress by just making 3 amazing signings in Trippier, Bruno Guimaraes and Isak. Especially the latter 2, who are exactly the profile of players every team in the world wants, young, reasonable price and quickly developed into top class players who can grow to be world class. And then to kick on from that, it's a no brainer for them to sign Maddison too this summer, would be surprised if they don't.
Harvey Barnes and Tonali already looking like smart signings after their first game. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Gordon kicking on in his second season. He was also very good today. Pau Torres has obvious pedigree too.

Can anyone explain why they’ve been so effective in the transfer market and seem to be able to sign class players, without being rinsed for insane money, despite every selling club knowing how loaded they are? Because there’s a very real possibility they’ll leave us behind if they keep spending their money more wisely than we do.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The more I watch him play, the more I feel he's a superstar in the making. Thought it last season, and I think he's going to go on to have a fantastic season this term, injuries permitting.
Best striker in the league after Haaland? He’s scary good.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Harvey Barnes and Tonali already looking like smart signings after their first game. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Gordon kicking on in his second season. He was also very good today. Pau Torres has obvious pedigree too.

Can anyone explain why they’ve been so effective in the transfer market and seem to be able to sign class players for very little money, without being rinsed for insane money, despite every selling club knowing how loaded they are? Because there’s a very real possibility they’ll leave us behind if they keep outwitting us with their transfers.
Pau Torres plays for Villa.

whitbyviking

Can anyone explain why they’ve been so effective in the transfer market and seem to be able to sign class players, without being rinsed for insane money, despite every selling club knowing how loaded they are? Because there’s a very real possibility they’ll leave us behind if they keep spending their money more wisely than we do.
They haven’t signed anyone who was flavour of the month, other than Gordon, and most think he is/was an overpay. All their other signings are relatively low key despite them being good players

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Best striker in the league after Haaland? He’s scary good.
Not sure, but he's got genuine superstar presence and potential, imo. You can see he's bristling for that breakout season where he confirms it - has everything you'd want and his mind is just as sharp as his skill and physical qualities.

Certainly has me sit up and pay attention.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
They haven’t signed anyone who was flavour of the month, other than Gordon, and most think he is/was an overpay. All their other signings are relatively low key despite them being good players
That’s the sign of really quality scouting. I don’t understand how Newcastle can sign so much muck for so long and suddenly be picking up these gems. Have they hired a new DoF or something?

Random Precision

Supports
Newcastle
That’s the sign of really quality scouting. I don’t understand how Newcastle can sign so much muck for so long and suddenly be picking up these gems. Have they hired a new DoF or something?
Have a look on the clubs website…….we‘Re a transformed club.

whitbyviking

Dan Ashworth is the sporting director. Not sure if they did something new with scouting. Seems what they have now done is learn to use their resources better, they’ve spent money on and off for years, even under Ashley, but now they spend properly.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The pool you're fishing in when you're paying PIF wages is very different to when you're paying Mike Ashley wages.

It's not as if nobody knew about Guimaraes, Isak, Botman or Tonali. They just didn't have a prayer of signing first team players from the likes of AC Milan or Lyon before very recently.

Skills

Snitch
Yeah, the first thing the new ownership did was nab Ashworth from Brighton, and gave him the reigns.

He's the one running the ship, so they put much weight on factors such as the "manager knows him" when signing players.

mu4c_20le

Not taking away credit but I think the difference is that they actually have a proper DoF, and club plan. The signings they made like Bruno, Isak, Barnes, they aren't exactly rocket science.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
The pool you're fishing in when you're paying PIF wages is very different to when you're paying Mike Ashley wages.

It's not as if nobody knew about Guimaraes, Isak, Botman or Tonali. They just didn't have a prayer of signing first team players from the likes of AC Milan or Lyon before very recently.
I guess my point is that we’ve been able to do this for a very long time. Yet they seem to be doing a better job of it than us, despite only just starting to shop with the big boys.

whitbyviking

Not taking away credit but I think the difference is that they actually have a proper DoF, and club plan. The signings they made like Bruno, Isak, Barnes, they aren't exactly rocket science.
I agree, the players they are signing are clearly good but they aren’t generally flavour of the month or seemingly highly sought after. Newcastle seemingly have a talent for getting in early now before the madness and concluding quickly.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I guess my point is that we’ve been able to do this for a very long time. Yet they seem to be doing a better job of it than us, despite only just starting to shop with the big boys.
Well yeah, we've clearly been complete clowns in the transfer market for a long time before Ten Hag and Murtough, we're not really a great barometer on that score.

I still think their dealings have been sensible rather than brilliant so far, and that Howe is owed far more credit for their progress than any scouting genius. The bloke has had Joelinton, Joe Willock and Callum Wilson producing the goods every week, as well as their post-oil money signings.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Well yeah, we've clearly been complete clowns in the transfer market for a long time before Ten Hag and Murtough, we're not really a great barometer on that score.

I still think their dealings have been sensible rather than brilliant so far, and that Howe is owed far more credit for their progress than any scouting genius. The bloke has had Joelinton, Joe Willock and Callum Wilson producing the goods every week, as well as their post-oil money signings.
I guess so. Although that’s equally as depressing as them suddenly being better than us at scouting :(