Newcastle United sign Alexander Isak from Real Sociedad for €70m rising to €75m

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Local source for the club, and Matt Moretto also confirming it

So, is this the start of Newcastle spending spree? To think many were thinking they would take it slow...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great signing for them. Looking at their squad I felt they needed a striker, right winger, #10 and a left back as their main 4 positions. They haven't done much this window but this is definitely a good signing, can form part of the 3 with ASM and Wilson or rotate with Wilson.

Lynty

Good signing. Not just a 'name', think he fits well with how they're playing.

A lot of money though. But clubs are going to make them pay up

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Haven't seen any other publications or journalists say it's a done deal.

They was definite interest from Newcastle, but assumed since he started Vs Barca the other day he was more than likely staying.

Good player, but that's a big gamble to splash that sort if cash of true.

Idxomer

A bit inconsistent but his skillset should be suited to the PL.

Newcastle are getting European football next season.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
This kind of breaks the new owner/board policy of slower investment so I'm guessing Callum Wilson's hamstring scan (he came off in the 70th minute against city) might look terrible and forced their hand?

Still pleased with it, mind. :lol:

diarm

This would be a hell of a signing for them. I really rate him.

Eurotrash

He had an impressive Euro, but hasn’t scored bucketloads in La Liga. Will be interesting to see how he does in the PL. Price seems high but I have no idea anymore.

phelans shorts

Clearly very talented but feels like he’s a player who’s just going to fade away and never become what he could be. Certainly don’t think he’s the kind of talisman that Newcastle will be looking for a signing of this nature to be right now.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Jesus..

He is talented but I can't believe someones actually paying that much for him..

Fabio Rochemback

I wouldn't be too worried about his low goal return at his age, he's still very young. Finishing and anticipation in the box is often the last thing that clicks for an attacker. But yes, that is a lot of money to pay for potential. You'd want the finished article for that money, really.

diarm

Jesus..

He is talented but I can't believe someones actually paying that much for him..
Are we not rumoured to be about to spend more money on a player the same age who has achieved less?

troylocker

Good signing, but more than a bit overpriced. He'll do well and I think he's a decent upgrade on Wilson. Very technical, decent workrate and can score all kind of goals.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Pedro deal still on too?
Watford playing coy. They're holding off with Everton looking likely to sell Gordon as they'd like to start a last minute bidding war. Everton interest is apparently real. Would love it if he came in with Isak though. We're fairly solid at the back now, just need firepower up front.

marktan

He is talented, but is he clinical? Goals wild suggest otherwise but would be interested to see his finishing statistics.

I'm surprised to see no one take a chance on Brereton Diaz. He has impressed me a lot when I've watched him.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Watford playing coy. They're holding off with Everton looking likely to sell Gordon as they'd like to start a last minute bidding war. Everton interest is apparently real. Would love it if he came in with Isak though. We're fairly solid at the back now, just need firepower up front.
Yeah I was hoping that we would beat you to the Pedro signing! I reckon he can have the same impact as Richy did for us.

Good signing for you this though. You needed a new striker regardless of Wilson’s fitness.

Korwas

Isak reminds me of Vinicius before last season. A ton of great tools but a big problem with his game (decision making). Isak actually has great shooting so thats not whats keeping him from scoring. He just doesn't shoot at the right time, keeping the ball a touch too long etc. I can see him becoming a world class striker if he improves his decision making.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
How do clubs keep things under wraps? We’re as leaky as the Titanic when it comes to transfer news.