Newcastle United sign Alexander Isak from Real Sociedad for €70m rising to €75m

Deery

Dreary
This mean Wood is just discarded now, shitty oil clubs.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Isak looks a good talent and had a good Euros, but I can't see him being much of a finisher.

Sociedad seem to be a bit of a Brighton case: good on the ball, make plenty of chances, don't score close to the number of goals they probably should. They finished 6th last year and managed fewer goals than 2/3 of the teams that went down. Not sure I'd be spending 70m on that team's striker.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
If he's clever he'll demand a 4 year contract max. He's probably thinking it'll be easy to move to a "bigger" club in a couple of seasons but Newcastle will not need to sell.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
And this is why Todd should happily scribble the Cheque for 80m now for Fofana and be happy. The numbers are just going to go higher.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Thought he looked a good player. Was wondering why we were no longer linked considering we need a striker. Probably another we'll regret.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Always felt like he was an "incase we get relegated" signing
That + weakening relegation rival + injury to wilson. Wood is obviously never a 25m player under normal circumstances but there was an element of panic about it which is why we went straight for the 25m buyout for him.

Kill3r7

Expensive but a good buy. They are making some shrewd moves.

Oranges038

Seems like a lot for him.

But he does have a decent goals per 90 record. I expect he'll score a plenty of goals for Newcastle, judging by how they played against City the weekend, they will create chances for him to put away.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Must be some off the field type stuff because I don’t get it either, he’s awesome
Not sure if there's anything serious, but he hasn't done himself any favours publicly disrespecting Brentford a few times. Seems a bit of a big time charlie.

Threesus

These guys offered 4 billion dollars for a 50% stake in the club. Of course the glazers said no. It’s definitely going to be only Newcastle/City for the prem in the coming years.

Deery

Dreary
These guys offered 4 billion dollars for a 50% stake in the club. Of course the glazers said no. It’s definitely going to be only Newcastle/City for the prem in the coming years.
Feck them, in a way I’m kinda glad even for City’s Dominance nobody thinks they’re a real club.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Damn. I'd they had said yes that would be two in one. Us richer, and no to another prem club competing us financially. Bloody idiots

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
‘Have to question their strategy. They started the window chasing Ektike, then it was Joao Pedro and now they have soent huge money on Izak. It’s like they are just throwing names at a wall. Who is making decisions up there?’

I believe that’s how it goes.

Deery

Dreary
‘Have to question their strategy. They started the window chasing Ektike, then it was Joao Pedro and now they have soent huge money on Izak. It’s like they are just throwing names at a wall. Who is making decisions up there?’

No, they always were going to spend big just didn’t want to make it blindly obvious of sports washing.

90 + 5min

Local source for the club, and Matt Moretto also confirming it

So, is this the start of Newcastle spending spree? To think many were thinking they would take it slow...
Player that is worth quarter of that. Wow. Sociedad did some great work there.

tomaldinho1

Haha true but then that doesn’t sell with Newcastle.