Newcastle United vs. Manchester United

Aaron

No Berbatov is interesting. I wonder if he's got an injury or if Ferguson will say he has an injury.

wr8_utd

:'(
Happy to see Ando and Carrick together atlast. Our best performances in Dec/Jan came with them in midfield.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
No Hargreaves, Ferdinand, Brown, Berbatov, Scholes, Rafael or Fletcher and still a fantastically strong matchday squad. Come on lads.
Yep we've an absolutely mindblowing squad :drool:

Magnus

Another mad swede
I seriousley don´t know why our top-scorer gets so few starts nowadays. I love Hernandez but Berba surely deserves some games. I don´t think he was at his best vs City but alone upfront against a City-side who knew their only chance of winning the game was keeping a clean sheet nobody but maybe Rooney in overdrive-form would have. Against West Ham he was out of this world when coming on but still on the bench next game

wr8_utd

The last thing id want to expose O'Shea to is trickery....
O'Shea would be so confused he'll just stay in one position and stick his leg out and get the ball. Rafael the mad Brazilian would probably rush into tackles.

Miss Rafael's energy down the right though. That injury at Blackpool really derailed his season a bit :(

Magnus

Another mad swede
I seriousley don´t know why our top-scorer gets so few starts nowadays. I love Hernandez but Berba surely deserves some games. I don´t think he was at his best vs City but alone upfront against a City-side who knew their only chance of winning the game was keeping a clean sheet nobody but maybe Rooney in overdrive-form would have. Against West Ham he was out of this world when coming on but still on the bench next game
And now I see he isn´t even on the bench..... If he is fit he´ll be gone I´m sure of that

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
O'Shea would be so confused he'll just stay in one position and stick his leg out and get the ball. Rafael the mad Brazilian would probably rush into tackles.

Miss Rafael's energy down the right though. That injury at Blackpool really derailed his season a bit :(
I dunno, i honestly much prefer Rafael up against quick tricky players, O'Shea worries me.

Brophs

The One and Only
To be fair, it looks as if Berbatov has been dropped. The latter half of this season isn't doing anything to suggest he's got a long term future here.

wr8_utd

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he let him go because he's clearly not first choice anymore :(

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I've been saying this for a while but I think Berbatov will be off in the Summer. I don't know what's the reason for this but he hardly ever starts nowadays in spite of being our best goalscorer. It seems a bit strange that we would offload him after his first good season here but we need the money and he'd probably cost £10m+ at the moment.

I might be talking shit though.

wr8_utd

Win tonight and at the weekend and we'll just need 2 more wins and a draw to absolutely guarantee the title irrespective of what the rest do.

Anduin

The fact hes there suggests so, then again if hes not starting then maybe Owen is the better sub option, not sure Berbatovs ever been a great sub for us.
West Ham in our most recent away trip? Thought he had a very good game after coming on.
Seems a bit weird he isn't even on the bench today, but Fergie knows best. Who knows, maybe he's carrying a knock or something.

Drifter

American
Berbatov dropped again.Not surprised it's getting harder to see where Berbatov fits in up front

Smith's Cove

I reckon Fergie has lost faith in him. When we get to the part of the season, where we are in the big crunch matches Fergie is the sort of manager who likes his players to stand up and be counted. I don't think Fergie feels like he can trust him to perform when the pressure is really on. He dropped him to the bench at the tail end of the 2008-09 season, he watched him amble through the must win at Blackburn away last season, and I am guessing that he has come to the conclusion that Berbatov doesn't have the stomach for a real scrap. I may be way off the mark, but that's how I read it. Fergie is ruthless with players if he doesn't think they are up for it.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
I've been saying this for a while but I think Berbatov will be off in the Summer. I don't know what's the reason for this but he hardly ever starts nowadays in spite of being our best goalscorer. It seems a bit strange that we would offload him after his first good season here but we need the money and he'd probably cost £10m+ at the moment.

I might be talking shit though.
It looks as though Ferguson's become less and less convinced by him as the season's gone on despite the fact it's his best season (in terms of his goal return - I'm not convinced he's actually playing better than he has done previously). He's been finding game time rather scarce recently.

Also, it seemed obvious Ferguson was less than impressed with Berbatov missing that chance Nani put on a plate for him, judging by his comments after the game.

Man-United

Didn't he get a knock in the game on saturday? Maybe not fully fit after that.

Ekeke

Would think its an injury. Even though Berbatov is clearly no longer first choice, are we really likely to get a better backup than him? Especially one that can play either of Rooney's or Hernandez's role - not quite in the same way no, but he can be the support striker receiving the ball from the midfield or he can be our goal getter like this season. I'm pretty sure even a backup player who can play both roles well enough to be playing for us is going to be expensive. A lot more than we'd get for Berbatov at this point and with us needing to sort the keeper and midfield before we worry about up front, would we have the money? Surely not.

The issue there would be the wages. But again, it would surely be hard to find a better stand-in than the league's top goalscorer and if we did sign someone of a similar quality they'd probably want fairly high wages if they are going to be seen as a backup. I'm sure the wages would come down a bit but how much, who knows?

Number7

Ret's Slave
Roonandez are going to be key here. If they put in a similar performance to practically all of their other ones together there's goals galore in this for us.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good team, imperative we win and extend the lead at the top to 9 points.

Any news of Rafael? I thought he was touch and go for the Chelsea game but not heard anything since.

Rahul

Maybe Owen has actually done a lot better than Berba in training. Judging by his previous tweets, he's absolutely raring to get back on the pitch and get some game time.