g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Newcastle United vs. Manchester United

jeston

SportsDirect.Com @ St James'Park Stadium, Newcastle
Tuesday 19th April 2011
KO - 19:45 BST

VidaRed's unbeaten streak over!

Leg-End

Somebody needs to get tanned after today, might as well be Newcastle.

wr8_utd

:'(
We really really should drop Evra and put O'Shea at left back if Rafael's fit.

Evra is getting beaten by absolutely everyone down that wing and his final product is poor. A rest will do him good.

It'll be a tough game but I think we'll bounce back. 2-1 United.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
At least we will have Rooney back. Rio will get a rest. Hopefully Fabio starts on the left for Evra.

Tareq

Livvie's Favourite Jordanian.
very important game , Newcastle are not safe yet and they did not play for more than a week , now Scholes misses 3 games, Carrick look weary, Fletch is out with that stomach illness....3 points please

WireRed

Lifting ourselves for this will be difficult. I see a cup hangover on the horizon and some dropped points to sprinkle some salt in our wounds...1-1, with us equalising late on after a flat first-half and a desparate second-half of cranking up the pressure :(

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Expecting a late win, sometime after the 70th minute, probably Hernandez or Rooney. I'll say 2-1.

VDS
Fabio-Rio-Vidic-Evra
Valencia-Carrick-Giggs-Nani
Rooney-Hernandez

Subs: PIG, O'Shea, Smalling, Anderson, Park, Berbatov, Owen

prateik

Why did Scholes have to get red?
Hope fletch returns soon.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Rooney being back is key here

Start him with Hernandez and we'll carry a lot of threat

RonaldoVII

We really really should drop Evra and put O'Shea at left back if Rafael's fit.

Evra is getting beaten by absolutely everyone down that wing and his final product is poor. A rest will do him good.

It'll be a tough game but I think we'll bounce back. 2-1 United.
I know Evra hasn't been up to his high standards for a while but O'Shea still looks like a competition winner at times. I'd rather give Fabio a run out.

Carrick wont start. that was a tired pass from him.

Anderson. Giggs in the middle.
Which one of those two would defend? If Carrick doesn't start, I'd expect Gibson to with Fletcher still out.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Sir Alex Ferguson insists Manchester United’s Premier League trip to Newcastle on Tuesday is more important than the FA Cup and Champions League.

Victories at St James’ Park and in the home match against Everton on Saturday would put Ferguson within touching distance of the league title.

He said: “The league is still the first target – it has to be.

“The Newcastle match is more important than the ones we’ve just had. We are well aware we need to win and that will probably be reflected in my selection.”

Read more: Alex Ferguson claims Manchester United winning 19th Premier League title is more important than any Cup - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

nemanja15

I want Berbatov and Carrick to start to ensure that their confidence levels are maintained after today (I'd rather see Rooney and Hernandez up top against Everton too, pace to counter their more physical centre backs):

van der Sar

Rafael
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Giggs
Nani

Rooney
Berbatov

SUBS: Kuszczak, O'Shea, Smalling, Anderson, Park, Owen, Hernandez.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
I'm looking forward to this game...always a good atmosphere with you lot in town.

Fergie and his boys being beaten in a FA Cup semi final by Man City won't help the Toon cause. :nervous:

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
“The league is still the first target – it has to be.

“The Newcastle match is more important than the ones we’ve just had. We are well aware we need to win and that will probably be reflected in my selection.”
Great news hes prioritising the league over europe something i personally have always slightly questioned given his desire to improve our European cup haul at times obsession as hes freely admitted.

Looking back at our selection today you can in hindsight see he had one eye on newcastle by leaving Hernandez on the bench and Giggs from the squad totaly, the league games have to be bigger than one off cup games, especually when the prize is number 19.

Kaos

Carrick will start.

There's no point dropping him at this stage, that's not going to do any more good for his confidence. Besides he usually puts on some great performances vs the barcodes.

WireRed

Great news hes prioritising the league over europe something i personally have always slightly questioned given his desire to improve our European cup haul at times obsession as hes freely admitted.

Looking back at our selection today you can in hindsight see he had one eye on newcastle by leaving Hernandez on the bench and Giggs from the squad totaly, the league games have to be bigger than one off cup games, especually when the prize is number 19.
He would say that with the next game being a league game and having just lost today. But when push comes to shove, he'll play his strongest team against Schalke for sure and make any adjustments for the Arsenal game rather than vice-versa.

Number7

Ret's Slave
VDS
Rafael Vidic Smalling Fabio
Anderson Carrick
Nani Rooney Giggs
Hernandez

Think Rio will be rested. Rooney is sure to start and Fergie seems to be going with Hernandez away from home. Anderson only played 20 and Giggs was rested. Half expect Gibson to play, possibly instead of Carrick

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
VDS

Rafael--------Vidic--------Smalling--------Fabio/Evra

Valencia-------Gibson/Carrick------Anderson------Giggs

Rooney-----Hernandez​

As the game progresses it might to either of these two:

VDS

Gibson/Carrick------Anderson

Valencia-----------Rooney------------Giggs

Hernandez

VDS

Gibson/Carrick-----Anderson-----Giggs

Valencia-----------------------------------------Rooney

Hernandez​

DocRockter

I might be wrong but hasn't Berba always played well in ST James'?

Think he should start this with Rooney who would help Berba to score again and play well..

Kelvin

where is fletcher when we need him, this virus thing is beyond a joke....

prateik

Where will they get their goals from?
Expect Ireland to wake up from his slumber and have a blinder.

Kelvin

got a bad feeling about his, we always struggle away from home :(

Neutral

BTV
----------------VDS-----------------

Rafael---- Smalling---- Vidic---- Fabio

Valencia-- Gibson- Anderson- Giggs -Nani

------------Rooney---------------------

This is the team I hope to see against Newcastle.

Carrick - needs a rest badly, especially with Scholesy now out and Fletch not back for another 10 days, he needs to sit
Evra - give him a break
Rio - Don't want to strain him
Hernandez - Rest, he'll be playing a lot the rest of the season(let him come off the bench if needed)
Berba - I don't know...he doesn't need a rest, but whatever