Newcastle United vs. Manchester United

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
We really really should drop Evra and put O'Shea at left back if Rafael's fit.

Evra is getting beaten by absolutely everyone down that wing and his final product is poor. A rest will do him good.

It'll be a tough game but I think we'll bounce back. 2-1 United.
O'Shea is hopeless going forward though

Levi_Jm

We have Wayne back and I think he will just unleash his frustrations on Newcastle. Hope he keeps himself in check because he's got Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea coming up.

Shimo

VDS
Fabio, Rio, Vidic, O'Shea
Nani, Carrick, Anderson, Giggs
Rooney, Chicha

Bench: TK, Berba, Valencia, Smalling, Evra, Owen, Gibson

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It is a massive game, win that and I think we are champions. Even if Arsenal win at White Hart Lane which is going to be tough for them, they still have to travel to Fulham, Bolton and Stoke and I find it unlikely that they win all these games. 6 points with five games to go is a big gap, 8 points is basically unreachable.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
O'Shea is hopeless going forward though
He isn't though its just he makes the ball do the work with his passing, where as Rafael would much prefer to dribble up the pitch with the ball. One can easily be tricked into thinking that O'Shea is useless going forward when compared to Rafael but one is just as effective as the other in that department.

erickingcantona

It is a massive game, win that and I think we are champions. Even if Arsenal win at White Hart Lane which is going to be tough for them, they still have to travel to Fulham, Bolton and Stoke and I find it unlikely that they win all these games. 6 points with five games to go is a big gap, 8 points is basically unreachable.
true, although fulham were a shower of shite against us at OT.

Man-United

Today is the day, biggest game of the season as Fergie said on saturday. Come on United.

mufcwarm92

Today is the day, biggest game of the season as Fergie said on saturday. Come on United.
That's said alot by various managers and has become a bit of a cliche, but I genuinely think it is our biggest game this season. If we win, it will probably clinch the title. A loss and our rivals will get some confidence, and could convert that into points with ther games tomorrow. Huge game.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
So who's heading to Tyneside for tonight's games?

MUFCgal

Rooney will surely be champing at the bit after being suspended the last two games, especially after having to sit on the sidelines having to watch that shambles on Saturday.

Rooney to score, and Chicharito too. Start the two of them up front, and they'll cause havoc I reckon.

EricaNo7

Rooney will surely be champing at the bit after being suspended the last two games, especially after having to sit on the sidelines having to watch that shambles on Saturday.

Rooney to score, and Chicharito too. Start the two of them up front, and they'll cause havoc I reckon.
I do hope so, Gal - the trouble is a very good friend of mine is an absolutely fanatic Maggot and her husband is a City fan ( who I will have to see this morning and am dreading it ) and I'm just ridiculously superstitious.

Ole'sbodyguard

Is this televised?

Currently living in bed and breakfast with extremely unreliable internet so cannot check through normal means and work net blocks most sites.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
VDS

Rafael Rio Vidic Fabio

Valencia Carrick Anderson Nani

Rooney
Hernandez​

Attacking with pace from the word go please, we need a goalfest to cheer us up.

mufcwarm92

Just seen highlights of the 1-5 a couple of years ago. That was a near complete performance, Ronaldo and Rooney linking up brilliantly, grabbing two each and Saha topping off an excellent team performance. Our last five visits have been pretty fruitful, four wins and a draw, with 3 of the wins having at least a two goal margin. Any kind of win tonight and I'd be absolutely delighted.

Predicted lineup:

---------------VDS----------------
---Rafael--Vidic--Ferdinand--Evra---
---------Carrick----Giggs-----------
--Valencia-----------------Nani----
--------Rooney---Chicharito--------

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
So who's heading to Tyneside for tonight's games?
me :) Thanks to Sharky7 :cool: Easily my nearest away as well.

You going to this one Marching? Putting your leeds shirt on under your coat? Must win for us tonight - just hope the team and the support is as fired up as Rooney. Hernandez MUST start.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Difficult lineup to predict. Berbatov will be benched thats for sure, its who we line up in midfield is the enigma. I'm expecting Smalling to replace Rio and Rafael/Fabio to replace O'Shea.

Rooney and Hernadez upfront :)

Aaron

I'm torn between thinking Sir Alex will change things in order to make a point after the semi-final defeat or if he'll keep things largely the same in order to allow those players themselves to make a point about the semi-final defeat.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
I'm torn between thinking Sir Alex will change things in order to make a point after the semi-final defeat or if he'll keep things largely the same in order to allow those players themselves to make a point about the semi-final defeat.
The former is my guess.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
I agree, the personnel who had been playing before the semi final game had been getting good results and playing well. With Rooney, Hernandez and Giggs all now rested i see no reason why he wouldn't revert back to those players for this game.
I was thinking more along the lines of a kick up the backside, but yeah you're probably right.

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
Too much of a risk playing Saturdays team. Not the time to restore egos - can wait until Everton to ease them back in. This is a must win game and SAF has to play his strongest 11 which also means some players who looked worn out on Sat will get a rest. We have to get back to a winning mindset.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
me :) Thanks to Sharky7 :cool: Easily my nearest away as well.

You going to this one Marching? Putting your leeds shirt on under your coat? Must win for us tonight - just hope the team and the support is as fired up as Rooney. Hernandez MUST start.
I'll be in my usual seat under your mob....so no pissing off the balcony ;)

Being a Leeds fan means that, despite it pissing off my Toon mates when you put 5 past Newcastle I don't get too down about it. Until I get home and the Mrs is in a bad mood :nervous:

Enjoy the trip and I hope it goes some way to helping you recover from being beaten at Wembley by City ;)