Newcastle United vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duafc

Village Lemon
I wonder would we have been that dominant in posession and generally oozed as much class had fellaini stayed on?

Doubtful, which is disappointing - not saying Kagawa should or could start games at CM, it was a very easy job at 3-0… but still the difference made by having a passer/mover of the Scholes ilk in there is majassive.

Giggsforever

You can see Mata, Nani, Kagawa and Januzaj are all on the same wavelength. It's not the same with Valencia, Young and to a degree Welbeck.

Sexy football!

Maldini's Hair

Today's game has pleased me the most of any of our games this season. Some of the play today I wasn't sure we were capable of under Moyes. It's been a pleasant surprise. Mata Kagawa Januzaj :drool:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Every shot that was on target was a goal. As bad as Newcastle were we were entertaining at times. Enjoyed the movement.

Duafc

Village Lemon
We have so many quality players and yet the manager is so blind to use this poodle just because he's been working with him at Everton and he has too much ego to make sensible selection
You do my head in.

reelworld

It's imperative to have a somehow mobile midfielder against Bayern, and Fletcher is the best we got right now. Should go with Fletcher-Carrick on Wed. Too bad it'll be Fellaini and Carrick again :(

redevil2

RVP isn't killing us, it's himself and Rooney on the pitch at the same time that's killing us.
People keep forgetting that the manager should be able to get the best out of their players via team selection. Quality players only shine when used properly

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
Fantastic second half a couple of notes Shinji needs to stay, he put in a silent but excellent performance today and was pulling strings all over the pitch.

Likewise but more obvious Mata was imperious and is beggining to show what he can do an amazing game for him.

Fellaini needs to be sold ASAP when Nani came on it changed the game, he was everywhere doing important tidy work to keep the game ticking over. Fellaini was absolutely useless once again I really don't see what his role is In the team, he stunts play and ruins attacks with slow possession.

Buttner was excellent again, he's quickly becoming my preferred choice over Evra and reminds me of the Evra of old just with a better shot on him.

Chicha was excellent with some great play dragging defenders out of position and getting into tight spots, he'll leave and it's a shame but you can understand why.

I have to say all season that's the most "United" we have been very impressed with the movement of the sitting players
players.

Off the back of this Buttner at LB, Nani at RW and Welbeck up top, Kagawa behind for Bayern away. And NO Fellaini

ruddevil

We have so many quality players and yet the manager is so blind to use this poodle just because he's been working with him at Everton and he has too much ego to make sensible selection
Moyes needs to be very careful handling this fella. He must know when to stop defending and start criticizing his poor displays or he'll again be vicitimised for not understanding what is 'quality' in top level clubs. Being in Everton for several years means Moyes knows what he can do. If Moyes think that these performances were 'good', Moyes can really go away now or in the summer with him.

Shark

@NotShark
At the expense of the team you support? Baffling.
Jesus, it's not like we'd be doomed without him, it's hardly at the expense. He got a very rare run out today.

If he ended up leaving, would you start calling out people that say think that it's best for his career?

Gannicus

Whoever manages United next season needs to figure out how to use Rooney, Mata and Kagawa together. There's too much quality there to shunt one of those three aside.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good game for us today. Decent first half and a good second half. The score probably flatters us a little as I feel we were lucky not to concede. I really liked the last period of the game with nani/adnan/kagawa/mata all playing together. Some great little passing movements and it actually looked like we could get through defences with ease at time. Whether they can do that again against a team that wasn't totally deflated by the scoreline is another matter, but I would really like to see them given another chance as a unit.

Empire

Chicha was excellent with some great play dragging defenders out of position and getting into tight spots, he'll leave and it's a shame but you can understand why.
Moyes has to try and convince him to stay.

RVP and Rooney will not fight it out for the number 9 spot. I would prefer to sell RVP especially if we want to build for the future, furthermore, he is probably our best player and we could try and use him in a player exchange deal.

E.g. Real Madrid might not be able to land Suarez and RVP over the next season or two would be important. They want to win the champions league (if they don't this season) and Ronaldo is no spring chicken. It's now or never so his age isn't a problem I don't think. We could try to use him and get Khedira to play the Fellaini role. Or something similar.

Three strikers is not too many. Especially when we consider Welbeck could do a job LAM. And Kagawa could be moved CAM should Mata get injured.

If RVP really wants to stay then I would say move toward 442 however it will only work with world class box to box midfielders. I would play Kagawa Wide attacking mid and Mata opposite like Pellegrini has employed. With two quality box to box players I do think it could work.

We would then still need four strikers.

Signing quality players that can perform box to box functions will be most difficult but should RVP want to stay then we should proceed with this.

Moyes won't bother though, i'm just saying I think he should try.

DevilRed

Finally we are playing the type of football we all envisioned. 3 years ago if someone had told me we would have mata, Rooney, RVP and kagawa in the same team I would have said we would walk the leagues playing some fantastic footie.

Seems today's team selection was made due to lack of choice and it was a joy to watch. I know Newcastle are shite but they usually give us a game at st James. Today we were just irresistible and very unpredictable. Kagawa and mata were popping up everywhere just causing havoc. Great performance by mata and what a signing he will be.

Every time fletcher plays he just makes us so much more solid. It's encouraging to think that if we get a proper central midfielder hoe much better this team would be. On and fellaini still looks poor. I'm hoping he improves but at times I find it hard to believe how easy it is to knock him off the ball despite his size.

Hopefully we can keep up this form into next season. That way we would actually qualify for cl football. Big game coming up against bayern and chicharito seems primed to make an impact.

With the best away record in the league, one can only wonder where we would be in the table had we actually performed to the norm at old Trafford. Amazing.

Ace of Spades

A great result, albeit against a dire Newcastle side. Still very enjoyable though.

Mata, Kagawa, Chicha, Adnan and Fletcher were all great. Nani had a good cameo after a long break out. A bit rusty, but that was fine all things considering. Jones and Smalling were solid.

A good result, and an enjoyable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.