Sun, 2 April 2023 @ 4:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    Another fragile individual I’m afraid. Doesn’t have any fight in him when the going gets tough.
    ETH would be getting sacked without him this season. That's how bad everyone else has been.

We'd be level with Chelsea without him realistically.

Pathetic January window signing a Burnley flop. It's all on him if this goes wrong.

r0663664

Worships Man City
    I hope the sale goes through and we get new owners to can fund this rebuilt. Top 4 is slipping away slowly. I think this team will be murdered in April with so many games. By the end of Apr, 5th in premier league, out of Europa maybe going the Wembley to be trash by City. Sad days ahead.

lex talionis

Embarrassing that we’ve dropped points to what is actually not the great of a Newcastle side.

Bobski

2 nil flattered us. As bad as anything this season, from top to bottom. Not making personnel changes at HT when they got lucky to get in level was shocking.

big_jeffstar

They just don’t look up for a fight away from home, they play like their names alone will win them every game, and it’s constantly found out, all the opposition has to do is put us under the smallest amount of pressure and the whole team concedes defeat from the first whistle, something has to change now surely

el3mel

We are not dropping anywhere.
    Tottenham win tomorrow and we're out of top 4 this week.

Also stop this dumb level of confidence because every time I see it, it backfires badly.

There's still 11 games in the league, so instead of acting all mighty while the point gap between us and other top 4 competitors isn't big isn't the best decision.

And for the record, yeah Newcastle dominated us today.

evil_geko

You're right. Plucky Newcastle were so lucky to get anything out of this with four times as many shots as us. Some people on here man.
    Neither of those are true, truth is in the middle, but people find truth boring I guess.

Chip

What does ''To fecking Newcastle United'' mean? Newcastle is a good team.. its not like they are a shit team that dominates. They are a good team that dominates
    They are a defensively solid team that are hard to beat - but they're still Newcastle United who were nearly relegated a year ago. And we've just been completely dominated by them.

It just showcases how far off any serious type of title challenge we are.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    Sancho is letting him down badly. He has done so much to try and help him, he has a couple of weeks off and this is what you get.

VivaRonaldo85

To put it into context, todays front 6 was the same as last seasons mess with the exception of Sabitzer for Fred (about on a par?) and Weghorst for Ronaldo (Ronaldo aged 60 would still offer more). Plus Sancho and Martial have barely kicked a ball this season on the grand scheme of things. So what can we expect? Very poor and shows how thin this squad still is.

Jeffthered

Shocking coaching today. Ridiculous decisions
    No, I don't agree.

We haven't the players. Simple as that. We have some extremely good players (some not playing) and we then surround them by a lot of average players.

ETH I feel is just trying to work magic with a limited squad. Can only do so much. We looked like the OGS team today.

OrcaFat

It's not just Casemiro. This team is way too reliant on Rashford and when he's having an off day so does the team.
    True. I was saying before Eriksen got injured that if anything happens to Eriksen Casemiro or Rashford we’re fecked. With Rashford below par we’re basically playing without all three of them and the result is no surprise.

Cathy Ferguson

McFred will be fresh. Why are they running on fumes?

At the end of this upcoming run of games we might be knackered but going into the Newcastle game there's no reason for a lack of energy.
    I hope it is more obvious now? Totally outclassed in every part of the game and 3 PL games without a goal.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
    To put it into context, todays front 6 was the same as last seasons mess with the exception of Sabitzer for Fred (about on a par?) and Weghorst for Ronaldo (Ronaldo aged 60 would still offer more). Plus Sancho and Martial have barely kicked a ball this season on the grand scheme of things. So what can we expect? Very poor and shows how thin this squad still is.
    Antony?

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
    Another away from home hammering, but this is being outplayed with respectable scoreline.

I think Ten Hag needs to pull himself to a corner and understand you can't coast games in Premier League.

If we continue to being beaten away from home like this next season, then sadly he will be sacked esp with new owners.

Absolutely no difference in how we used to play under Ole.

He needs to find a formula of how to control games, either through coaching or new players.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
    We're turning into Cowards FC. When the going gets tough we implode and give up. Newcastle could and should have won by 5 or more. Unacceptable. Love ETH but baffled by his decisions today. What was the subbing of Varane and Martinez all about?Whatever plan he had didn't work.

Stadjer

They are a defensively solid team that are hard to beat - but they're still Newcastle United who were nearly relegated a year ago. And we've just been completely dominated by them.

It just showcases how far off any serious type of title challenge we are.
    They havent been a relegation team ever since Howe took over. They are a good team. Ofcourse Manchester United shouldnt be dominated by them but Newcastle is one of the better teams in the league.

The title challenge idea was ridiculous anyway

Galactico

Worrying performance. We looked clueless for most of that. I think Antony was at least providing some sort of outlet and working hard defensively. Sancho was pointless when he came on. Sabitzer”s play was confusing. Our midfield was non-existent. Rashford looked totally off the pace. Weghorst tries but cannot hit the target -so what’s the point? Horrible game but Newcastle thoroughly deserved it.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Supports
    There's only one United!
    ETH would be getting sacked without him this season. That's how bad everyone else has been.

We'd be level with Chelsea without him realistically.

Pathetic January window signing a Burnley flop. It's all on him if this goes wrong.
    Really?
    Well he wasn't helped by the Glazers buying a couple of good players.
    They just want to sell and rake 8n the cash

Ceteris

ETH got it all wrong today. took of antony who was the only threat. rashford has been anonymous and he should have been replaced. the two CBs was just weird. bruno poor, sabitzer poor, shaw poor. Only varane and martinez any credit
    But Cafe thinks we cannot criticise the manager. We have been poor away all season

We haven't scored in the league for how long now?

He took the plaudits for the good work, he needs to take responsibility

Chip

No, using several games to say we are far from contending and ignoring huge progress, and also ignoring how we played BY FAR the most games this season while having a lot of key player injuries/suspensions is a big joke.

But let's KNEE JERK, because people love that on here.
    I get your points, but I think our recent run of form - especially when facing any half decent opposition away - is alarming. We might still get top four in addition to the FA Cup and EL. But it's not hard to imagine a scenario where we miss out on top four, lose to Brighton or City (highly likely) and get knocked out of the EL.

In that case this season will go down as a massive failure. Hopefully it wont go down that way - but it's hard to be an optimistic United supporter given the last 10 years and countless false dawns under different managers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 216 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw