Kick-off
Sat, 2 December 2023 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NZT-One

Not sure what the actual plan is, but it seems like we plan to throw Newcastle off their game by making it impossible to decide which way is the most promising way to attack. Left, Right, Centre.

Anustart89

Would like to see Hojlund, Amrabat and Antony on at half-time but I suspect EtH will want to keep McTominay out there for the out ball from Onana

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    I hate to admit it, but I dislike Rashford…almost hate at this point.
    it’s like he desides he doesn’t fancy it and just doesn’t give a feck.
    How can a player so young and so fit be so lazy?

In Rainbows

By “intentioal” it must be assumed that someone thinks it’s a great idea, right?
    I don't see why kicking it as soon as possible is better. If the option is available and obvious, then yes you should kick it sooner. If the options are not as open as they can be, then it makes no sense to panic and just kick it for the sake of being quicker.

edgecutter

If ETH persists with this line up he deserves to get the sack. It's fecking evident that one player cannot give a shite and another who is causing our midfield to be overrun.

Marwood

Tough game this. They're bigger, faster and stronger.

Only luck gets us a result here.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
    MEN…

Onana

Shaky but made a standard stop. 5

Wan-Bissaka

Penned in. 5

Maguire

Poorest half for a while. 5

Shaw

United would be better off with Shaw at left-back. 5

Dalot

Not covered himself in glory. 5

McTominay

Bypassed constantly. 5

Mainoo

Not involved enough. 6

Rashford

Poor again. 4

Fernandes

Ineffectual. 5

Garnacho

Carried the attack and had a chance. 6

Martial

Most energy he expended was going at Ten Hag. 4

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Pathetic half of football. Needs subs.

Rashford off for Antony probably the one to start with. Rashford needs to be removed, woeful. McTominay hasn't done much but don't think putting amrabat in for him is a good idea. Hojlunds for Martial at the 60 minute mark.

Giggsy’s left foot

Rashford crap.
    McSauce so bad it beggars belief he’s anywhere near the squad never mind a starter.
    Martial is his usual invisible self.

those three off.

Heinzesight

I remember when De Gea went (it was the right time) I though ‘great, no more corners where the entire opposition stand on the goal line crowding our keeper’…how depressing.

Thom Merrilin

Bruno and Maguire both playing well. This seems to be how EtH sets up against the better sides. With Casemiro and Rashford of last year I reckon we'd look much better.

KD6-3.7

A competent manager would take off one or even two of Rashford, Martial or McTominay but because it’s Ten Hag I doubt none of them will come off until at least the 65th minute.

Superunknown

Our control is abysmal. There's no common sense to our play. We're leaving each other exposed and the amount of gaps that Newcastle are able to exploit through the middle and especially down the wings is frightening. We are very fortunate to be going into this 0-0.

Rashford has to come off. He has been atrocious. Again. Too many people hiding. Maguire has played well and has been our best overall player. Feel sorry for Mainoo being thrust into a game like this with such poor support and a lack of positional discipline around him. A Mainoo/McTominay/Bruno midfield doesn't work, especially with the lack of help from Rashford in front of them and awful play from Dalot behind them. It needs changing. McTominay coming off for Amrabat is the sub - unfortunately, Amrabat has also been very poor this season.

We can still win this game, but we've got to stop playing like wimps.

stu_1992

Bit of a nothing half from us. Mostly defending and even with that we've made it too easy for them. Newcastle were incredibly wasteful though. Some poor finishing. Different day and we could be a couple down.

Bobski

There was more progressive structure to Ole's Utd than what we are getting from Ten Hag, which is pretty much look for counters.

Shit performance, shit set up.

Very, very lucky to not be a couple down.

Front 3 have been dreadful on the ball.

frostbite

Good half. Ten Hag got it right so far! Much better than I expected. Perhaps there is hope!

Maguire was very good. McTominay tried to help both in defense and attack. These two players are criticized too much here, they are not as bad as some people say.

Dalot had problems, but it's understandable since it is not his normal position. Rashford is desperately out of form.

Chumpsbechumps

I can’t see how playing rashford is helping anybody, I’d be with everybody else wanting Anthony on.

I think if we are still 0-0 at 60 min he may unleash Hoijland. hopefully tired Newcastle legs will fold

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
    Professional joggers Martial and Rashford off. Hojlund and Antony on. Wouldn't be against seeing Amrabat for McTominay either.

No idea why he's picked an entire frontline that won't run for a game like this.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    It's completely crazy how predictable we are - at least 90 per cent of us here could have told you how the game was going to go... especially given the weird selections

DRJosh

Supports
    United minus the Glazers
    This has convinced me that the senior players aren’t motivated playing for this manager and would probably be the same under another. We need to keep our academy graduates and banish the rest of the lot. Dalot and Onana have been shocking. Rashford’s decision making is puzzling and Martial blows hot and cold.
    At least Mainoo and Garnacho are trying.

Heinzesight

Professional joggers Martial and Rashford off. Hojlund and Antony on. Wouldn't be against seeing Amrabat for McTominay either.

No idea why he's picked an entire frontline that won't run for a game like this.
    I’d go with that.

lex talionis

Erik has to strap some balls on sub off Rashford and McTominay. We can beat this Newcy side.

swissgenius

To our credit, we've not given away much in terms of clear cut chances. Newcastle by far the better team though.
    They're showing the HT highlights right now. At least 5 clear cut chances. No credit from me, pure luck involved not to be at least 2-0 down.

Walters_19_MuFc

Newcastle are a good side. We've seen them dominate better sides than us, and we're nowhere near our best. That being said, we've had moments. When we've managed to get into their half, we've showed some good interchanging movement down the flanks, and have got int behind them a few times. I do think there's goals in this for us. Yes, they look threatening, but I think if we can nick the first goal, we could probably go onto get a second.

MiracleInMadrid

The thing that saddens me the most, is that Newcastle probably felt pretty comfortable thrughout this entire half. Even when we mounted a bit of pressure, it happened in a tempo that allowed Newcastle to settle completely in their positions.

We show zero threat today. Not even close to being dangerous.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
    Scout
    Shite performance again. We're just so bad.

Ironically though the longer it goes on 0-0 the more I think we have a chance to win it in the final 15mins.

BootsyCollins

Antony for Rashford please. Neither offers very much going forward at the time, but at least the former tracks back when.

So wierd having a winger not tracking back when we insist of letting AWB following his man inside the pitch. So easy to attack that space then.
    Step 1 : tell your left forward to move inside the pitch
    Step 2 : bring your leftback up into the space left free.

Chip

Being schooled by a bunch of barcode cnuts. Maguire has saved us so far tbf, and Bruno has been good as well. Otherwise our players have been somewhere between very average and disgraceful.

Take off Martial and Rashford for Højlund and Antony at HT. At least Højlund works his ass off, and we need Antony to help shut down Livramento/Gordon as Rashford does feck all.

Would love to grab a cheap win against this lot.

slored1

We play nonsense football. No identity whatsoever. And no, injuries are not the reason why we play like this, we can't attack or defend with anyone swapped in or out of the team.

Absolute dogshit week-in week-out, Maguire the only saving grace at this point. Can't believe we have wasted 500 million under EtH to end up at the same point we were at 18 months ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Harry Maguire image Harry Maguire 67% of 236 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 258 ratings.

Score Predictions