Newcastle United

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Just watched the highlights. That goal keeper had the game of his life. Newcastle should have scored 5 goals.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
On a more serious note, getting out of cups is probably a big plus for Newcastle this season. Last thing they need is extra games.

Tyrion

On a more serious note, getting out of cups is probably a big plus for Newcastle this season. Last thing they need is extra games.
I know. I'm torn on them getting knocked out. On the one hand, it's hilarious. On the other, it slightly reduces the chances of their relegation which would be even more hilarious.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
They desperately need a striker and it will be interesting who they go for.

They need a big, strong presence that can hold it up and finish crosses. They create a decent amount of chances.

Joelinton looks good in midfield now. The further away from the box the better. Maybe he will be like Dembele for Fulham and then Spurs.

I hope they go down though. Can't stand that blond "lady" owner. A relegation prolongs their inevitable rise by a year or two.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea

They need a big, strong presence that can hold it up and finish crosses. They create a decent amount of chances.

Joelinton looks good in midfield now. The further away from the box the better. Maybe he will be like Dembele for Fulham and then Spurs.

I hope they go down though. Can't stand that blond "lady" owner. A relegation prolongs their inevitable rise by a year or two.
We have a striker with a big, strong presence. Give us a call!!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Joelinton looks good in midfield now. The further away from the box the better. Maybe he will be like Dembele for Fulham and then Spurs.e

Sure. :lol:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think confidence and momentum is a bigger deal. Bournemouths form never really used to improve after Howe went out of the cups early. All it does is tank the season and end the chance of any excitement for supporters.

The players will be at an all time low confidence wise. I am hoping Watford make another manager change and Burnley can go on a run.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Wood better say SHOW ME THE MONEY! You know they will replace him as fast as possible.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Sky Sports News’ Dharmesh Sheth:

"We're led to believe that Newcastle are in the market for two strikers - an experienced one and another up and coming one. Wood will provide that experience, while they are also looking at Reims striker Hugo Ekitike.

"Talks are continuing with this deal but there still remains a gap in the valuation of what Newcastle are willing to spend and what Reims want to receive.

"We think they would want in the region of £30m for the France U20 striker. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that it could happen. It's just the gap in valuation does still exist."

Hester_manc

I can not see, what Newcastle want with him. Chris Wood is a decent striker, but I thought Newcastle would go for a better striker than him with all their money. Burnley should spent their money on Jonas Wind from FC Copenhagen. He is cheeper, younger and just as good, and has about the same style of play.

Gandalf

I can not see, what Newcastle want with him. Chris Wood is a decent striker, but I thought Newcastle would go for a better striker than him with all their money. Burnley should spent their money on Jonas Wind from FC Copenhagen. He is cheeper, younger and just as good, and has about the same style of play.
Four straight seasons of scoring in double figures in the PL, available to play in the 6 pointer against Watford this weekend and won't need any time to adjust to the league. I can't understand why people are surprised, they need a clogger to get them out of the drop zone which is what he is and even if the higher sum of 25m is correct that is nothing to the owners and they have screwed over a relegation rival as a bonus.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Wood is proven in the PL and will get Newcastle goals. 25m is pocket change for the Saudis. Good signing of true.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Just a moronic deal. He’s not going to fit Howe’s style of play.
And he’ll have to deal with this

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Wood is proven in the PL and will get Newcastle goals. 25m is pocket change for the Saudis. Good signing of true.
On paper, sure. In reality, he won’t score enough to save them.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
If ever there was a desperation signing, this is it.
Evidently their other targets turned them down or weren't interested, so they have to go for Wood, which not only weakens a relegation rival, but fills a void in their squad!!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
30 year old clogger with 3 goals in 18 games this season. I don’t think the money matters to them, so it’s irrelevant how much they overpaid, the question is whether he can score enough goals to save them from the drop. His record of just under 1 in 3 in the PL is decent enough, but he’s 1 in 6 so far this season. Weakens Burnley obviously, until/unless they invest the 25mm in someone better. Which I hope they do.

It’s more of a desperation signing than an inspired one me thinks.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Four straight seasons of scoring in double figures in the PL, available to play in the 6 pointer against Watford this weekend and won't need any time to adjust to the league. I can't understand why people are surprised, they need a clogger to get them out of the drop zone which is what he is and even if the higher sum of 25m is correct that is nothing to the owners and they have screwed over a relegation rival as a bonus.
Exactly my thoughts.

Wood's a stop-gap (and knows it) and in no way part of any long-term project. They need a striker and to weaken a direct rival for for relegation, which is what they want to avoid at any cost. Whether the gamble will pay at the end of the season remains to be seen, but they have to money to spend and it ain't a dumb move by any means.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Trying for Guimaraes now, which would be a brilliant signing. Feck, they won't take years to get into a top 4.

Hope they get relegated this year .

passing-wind

Trying for Guimaraes now, which would be a brilliant signing. Feck, they won't take years to get into a top 4.

Hope they get relegated this year .
Interesting player has a lot of good qualities for the league. Sure does put Arsenal to shame if they are pipped to a target by Newcastle.