Next Arsenal Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I had to look this up, because I did not believe you. I´m sorry.

Jeff Powell can´t be a real name. Nobody would have the audacity to publish this with their real name attached.
Jeff Powell is a veteran of Journalism who doesn't really do rumours.

If he's staking that much on Luis Enrique, I'd say that it's likely.
Tbf, the article does seem decent until that point. Think it even mentions the meeting in London between the parties. Maybe they do have an inside info, but then couldn't resist going into a fantasy world and throwing such bollocks inside.

Personally, I would be hugely surprised if they go with Enrique.

M Bison

Supports
York City
How/why on earth is Rogers being linked with the job?! Surely not even Arsenal’s hierarchy would be that stupid!

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Anyone know if Allegri has made any comments in the past about his managerial ambitions?
I could somehow see him say he won't want to move from Italy to England while he's happy (if he is happy) at Juventus.

@giorno @devilish

vangagal

I hope Allegri doesn't come Arsenal or any good managers in fact. They deserve a season with Pardew rolling with Hughes in December and rolling with Pulis mid March. The season after next come Big Sam to complete the circle. I'll be happy man.

POF

So Arsenal, a team that hasn't been competitive for a major trophy in 10 years, currently sit 6th just above Burnley and have plummeting attendances need a new manager and are genuinely linked with Simeone, Allegri, Ancellotti, Jardim, Tuchel and Low.

When Fergie left, United were dominant champions and ended up with David Bloody Moyes. How depressing is that? The sad reality is that even a club that has been a laughing stock for a decade has handled their transition far better than United.

I think Allegri, Jardim or Tuchel would all do a great job there and would make Arsenal a genuine contender quite quickly. Simeone would be a gamble in my opinion because he would need a major squad overhaul. Arsenal don't have the profile of players he would want.

I am really hoping they somehow end up with Rodgers or LVG.

fallengt

Tuchel or Sarri. They're perfect for Arsenal.
Wishful thinking is Moyes take the seat

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Arsenal are spoilt for choice tbh. Sarri and Jardim deserve bigger clubs now and could be a gem. Ancelotti and Allegri have proven pedigree. A sufficient package might entice Simeone too. Tuchel I never really got the hype about him but he and Rodgers are other potentials I suppose.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
How/why on earth is Rogers being linked with the job?! Surely not even Arsenal’s hierarchy would be that stupid!
I don't know. He is a joke. But a joke can be really good sometimes too you know :lol: I think he did well with Liverpool, it was bound to fail never the less. If he run the circus he might be the right clown for what Arsenal think they need. Alz im saying

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Well, whoever they get, it's going to be one helluva season next year with 5th and 6th getting new toys. I wouldn't be surprised if Alexis went back to Arsenal either?

I'm thinking Enrique at Chelsea and Ancelotti at Arsenal.

Gazza

Arsenal job most seem so appealing. London and a big club, fans will love you because you’re not WengerOut and the board will accept you as long as the season tickets get sold.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
They should move heaven and earth for Simeone, in my opinion. Bit of a departure from the aesthetic they had under Wenger, but he's a master tactician and motivator with a fiery personality, and could bring the squad quality and mentality up to stretch on a budget (relative to the bigger spenders), and also improve their profile in European competitions (which has been a sore spot for a club of Arsenal's stature and presumed ambitions). You get a sense that Simeone is coming to the end of his cycle at Atlético, and London should be cosmopolitan enough for someone like him. As a club, Arsenal do kinda need a shock to the system (like Wenger was after the broader George Graham era), and Simeone could give them one. They won't play the prettiest brand of football under him, but he will certainly engender more grit and discipline in that lot.

Brendan could be decent as well — he's done a reasonably good job at Celtic, and might be one for the long haul if things go well.
Going from Wenger to Simeone might be a bit too much of a culture shift though. He’d have to fit most of the squad to get a tune out of them.

Dolf

Imagine if they sign LvG and he actually does a great job, suddenly making Arsenal our biggest rivals again :lol:

PeteManic

Despite what they say, I'd be very surprised if they don't have someone lined up already.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Great Choices
Jardim
Allegri
Simeone (unrealisitc)

Acceptable Choices
Ancellotti (The LVG choice)
Tuchel (Does not get along with our new Chief Scout)

Better than the Ones Below but still do not want
Rodgers

Absolutely Do Not Want
Vieira (Moyes choice)
Arteta (not enough experience)
Howe (too much hype for the Brit manager)

Jardim, Tuchel and Allegri have all been mentioned.
Why is Jardim such a great option and Rodgers is not? Because of one freak season? As soon as they lost a few key players they fell back into normalcy.

No way does he belong in the same category as Allegri and Simeone.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
How is it stupid?

Rodgers has came closer to winning the league than Wenger has in god knows how many years. Also came closer than any Man United manager since Ferguson left but we can gloss over that if you wish?

I imagine a lot of those that ridicule the thought or him as a manager do so because he's managing in a "pub league". He's only here because he's a fan of the club though and not because it's his level or the best he can get. Clearly he's way too good for the league and wouldn't be here if he supported any other club. He's a very good manager and seems to have garnered this reputation as a joke figure which is very unfair.

And fwiw, if I were the Arsenal board I wouldn't go for him purely for the fact I think there's better options that they should try and get like Allegri though I don't see why he'd leave a powerhouse like Juventus for Arsenal but it's always worth asking the question!

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Why is Jardim such a great option and Rodgers is not? Because of one freak season? As soon as they lost a few key players they fell back into normalcy.

No way does he belong in the same category as Allegri and Simeone.
After Monaco lost sugar daddy backing and they changed to a more efficient business model, Jardim led a Monaco side with Berbatov, Martial and Kongdogbia to knock out Wenger's Arsenal side in the Champions League in 2015. Even though Arsenal was the bookie's favorite, Jardim tactically outclassed Wenger with a side considered to be stingy and defensively sound while good at the counter attack.
Then Jardim loses half the side, rebuilds his squad and takes the side to a league title over PSG and a solid CL run praised for playing exciting football. So that makes two CL runs with differently constructed sides on less money than we have at the Arsenal that finished better than Wenger's Arsenal sides. Jardim's also assisted in the development of a good number of players.
Jardim's resume and early impression reminds of a 21st century early Wenger in his Monaco days.

I am warming to Rodgers as a third choice actually, but I believe Jardim's experience in the CL with two different rebuilds outshines Rodgers at the moment. Any more information you have on Rodgers I would gladly read or watch.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
He had better be a good one for the sake of the owner and the board, as they've just thrown out the last scraps of good will from the fans in Wenger. I can see it getting nasty if they get in an average guy and Kroenke continues to treat the club like a crypto-portfolio. Could be funny.

Parry Gallister

I'd actually take Brendan Rodgers over Dyche or Howe. Rodgers has experience at a bigger club, has one season where he overachieved with that club, has already experienced failure in the CL so is more seasoned there whereas Dyche and Howe could be overwhelmed at that level for the first time and Rodgers actually has experience doing well with star players - Suarez and getting the most out of a injured note - Sturridge. Celtic has given him more experience in the CL as well as confidence.

I certainly prefer Jardim or Allegri but if its a British manager then I prefer Rodgers (feels so weird saying that though haha)
Aye agreed, only didn't mention him as the question was English managers and he's from Northern Ireland.

automaticflare

IMO if they do not go for conte they are crazy. Pretty sure he will be gone in summer he is exactly what they need and would get rid of some of the absolute disgraces they have there

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Brendan would be great for the bants

German connections, Tuchel or Low I reackon. Everything has been put in place, ex dortmund guy in charge of recruitment and they've been signing the likes of Miki and Auber. Can't help but feel that Ozil might just have signed a new contract because he knew this was coming and has been told who's replacing him.
Or because nobody else would be stupid enough to pay him absolutely anywhere near £350k a week. Probably that.

Selbourne

Imagine if they sign LvG and he actually does a great job, suddenly making Arsenal our biggest rivals again :lol:
I would be in hair tearing mood! But anyone with half a brain would know it wouldn't happen... thankfully

T A

It will be a nightmare for the rest of Premier League if Ance’s really going to take charge of Emirates. However i think Carletto wont lower down the standard and take that step back. If the one is Brendan Rodgers then we can be reassured that everything’s gonna be fine and Arsenal wont rival us in Premier League for all his years in charge

Castia

Arsenal job most seem so appealing. London and a big club, fans will love you because you’re not WengerOut and the board will accept you as long as the season tickets get sold.

They will love you as long as results go your way it’s a massive job to take on.

The fans want to challenge for the title and they’re miles away from doing that, they won’t have the biggest budget in the league and need to change probably half of their playing squad, I mean if a new manager comes in and finishes 4th next season how are the fans supposed to react?

Wenger got time at Arsenal for his history there, If a new manager comes in and finishes 6-7th next season you’d expect him to get sacked surely.

They need to play this one safe and go with Ancelotti, if they were in a better position then maybe they could take a chance on a Veira but it’s too big of a job with too much work for a rookie to take on.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
It will be a nightmare for the rest of Premier League if Ance’s really going to take charge of Emirates. However i think Carletto wont lower down the standard and take that step back. If the one is Brendan Rodgers then we can be reassured that everything’s gonna be fine and Arsenal wont rival us in Premier League for all his years in charge
You are hugely overrating Ancelotti.

saivet

Will any new manager pamper Ozil the way Wenger used to? He better get used to having no winter break

M Bison

Supports
York City
How is it stupid?

Rodgers has came closer to winning the league than Wenger has in god knows how many years. Also came closer than any Man United manager since Ferguson left but we can gloss over that if you wish?

I imagine a lot of those that ridicule the thought or him as a manager do so because he's managing in a "pub league". He's only here because he's a fan of the club though and not because it's his level or the best he can get. Clearly he's way too good for the league and wouldn't be here if he supported any other club. He's a very good manager and seems to have garnered this reputation as a joke figure which is very unfair.

And fwiw, if I were the Arsenal board I wouldn't go for him purely for the fact I think there's better options that they should try and get like Allegri though I don't see why he'd leave a powerhouse like Juventus for Arsenal but it's always worth asking the question!
He did come very close to winning the league, but was then sacked the following season once he was found out, and as you rightly say, he’s currently managing in a pub league.

A club with the stature of Arsenal can attract someone far better than Rogers, agree on the Allegri point.

Norris

Would someone like Emery or Enrique make good sense there ? But ideally, I have to agree with @Invictus , you need a tough as nails manager who improves the mentality and character of the team. The football will not be pretty at all, but 3 points at the Emirates will no longer be a given.

Will be a difficult decision for the board and it will be interesting if Arsene himself has a say in who the successor will be.

lysglimt

Scout
Whoever takes that job will have a challenge. Arsenal-fans expect rapid improvment from a club that is known for moderation in spending. With an aging squad, few quality players and obvious gaps defensively. Add to that - the uncertainty with contracts for a few players and a losing mentality within the club. Winning the EL could be the among the best things Wenger will have done for the club.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I hope it's Allegri, he could bring some much needed defensive organization. He already talked about coming to England and it might be the right moment to leave Juventus.
Ancelotti would not be a good fit, he'd need an already solid team and isn't known to be very hands-on.
I'd hate it if it was any of Jardim, Benitez or Rodgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.