9) green_smiley
10) EAP
11) Lord Slnister
12) Cal?
13) Raees
14) 2mufc0

Cal?

CR7 fan
The first player would be picked randomly from a pool of players. For rest of the players we'll have round 1-6 from top to bottom so after the 16th player 1st player has to pick again and maintain chain with the 16th player. Similarly from 16-1 in last 6 rounds.

My big concern is that since there is more or less no way to leave your picks it might get really slow. Also I don't see any way we can leave a player and move on when somebody doesn't show up in time limit. Actually the whole time limit concept is kind of not applicable here.
It would be quite slow, I don’t see anyway to get around it unless you have a few people ‘meet up’ at a given time to get a few done.

idmanager

1) Tuppet
2) Skizzo
3) Moby
4) Enigma
5) Sjor
6) P-nut
7) Pat Mustard
8) Diarm
9) green_smiley
10) EAP
11) Lord Slnister
12) Cal?
13) Raees
14) 2mufc0
15) idmanager

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
my vote is against power cards, restarts and any other form of help.

As for number 1 and 16 spots, after the first pick is made those spots have an advantage with that i agree but i reckon i have a solution. Lets say manager 16 is balu, after he makes his first pick he tags idmanager so he makes his and the list goes back to balu to makes his second. After balu the list would go back to 2mufc0. I probably make it sound complicated but its really simple, the guy before/after 1/16 makes a pick between double picks so they cant choose a perfect club/teammate for themselves.

As for the actual first pick, what he gets in quality he loses in entertainment, personally id hate to get a first pick. What i would say, maybe just block Diego for the first pick. He is the only GOAT that really didnt play with other GOATs and if we are picking by the logic he would be a first pick of every manager in the draft. Saying that, his pool is still great but reckon without him its going the be more interesting to see which route we all are taking.

Marty1968

my vote is against power cards, restarts and any other form of help.

As for number 1 and 16 spots, after the first pick is made those spots have an advantage with that i agree but i reckon i have a solution. Lets say manager 16 is balu, after he makes his first pick he tags idmanager so he makes his and the list goes back to balu to makes his second. After balu the list would go back to 2mufc0. I probably make it sound complicated but its really simple, the guy before/after 1/16 makes a pick between double picks so they cant choose a perfect club/teammate for themselves.

As for the actual first pick, what he gets in quality he loses in entertainment, personally id hate to get a first pick. What i would say, maybe just block Diego for the first pick. He is the only GOAT that really didnt play with other GOATs and if we are picking by the logic he would be a first pick of every manager in the draft. Saying that, his pool is still great but reckon without him its going the be more interesting to see which route we all are taking.
OR two other managers could be selected who wouldn't be in the actual draft but would be there to throw a spanner in the works. They are positioned at 0 and 17 on the list. They then pick a player (who is then blocked from the draft) and the managers selected at 1 and 16 then have to pick a player that has played with them. Could be a great player, could be a muppet....

Not been in these drafts for a while but happy to be the link at either end...

Oaencha

1) Tuppet
2) Skizzo
3) Moby
4) Enigma
5) Sjor
6) P-nut
7) Pat Mustard
8) Diarm
9) green_smiley
10) EAP
11) Lord Slnister
12) Cal?
13) Raees
14) 2mufc0
15) idmanager
16) Oeancha

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
The solution for this in that other forum was they had Round 1-6 going from top to bottom so basically 1-16, 1-16, etc and last 6 rounds opposite that is 16-1, 16-1 etc.
Makes sense. Marginally better to be closer to the top (available pool) but that is always constrained by the prior pick.

antohan

Also do you guys think adding "coached by" to move chain would make it too easy ?
Yes. And slower as well. More options = more time for everyone to sit around waiting for the results of obscure research efforts.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
That sounds like a raw deal. The one thing that puts me off is precisely the matches.
You'd obviously help out the drafting aswell I just meant the matches he'd definitely be stuck due to post limit. Thought you wasn't actually interested in playing properly which is why I suggested it.

antohan

OR two other managers could be selected who wouldn't be in the actual draft but would be there to throw a spanner in the works. They are positioned at 0 and 17 on the list. They then pick a player (who is then blocked from the draft) and the managers selected at 1 and 16 then have to pick a player that has played with them. Could be a great player, could be a muppet....

Not been in these drafts for a while but happy to be the link at either end...
Issue with that (and @Šjor Bepo's) idea is the manager still gets almost consecutive picks so can control the ballpark for his next pick or even make an offer that can't be refused.

E.g. I pick Modric, next chap would be crazy not to pick Cristiano and that leaves me all sorts of great options. The same manager waiting 16 turns may need to find a Dixie Dean teammate.

antohan

You'd obviously help out the drafting aswell I just meant the matches he'd definitely be stuck due to post limit. Thought you wasn't actually interested in playing properly which is why I suggested it.
I was. I said it wasn't a drafting challenge but would be a laugh. Oh well...

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Issue with that (and @Šjor Bepo's) idea is the manager still gets almost consecutive picks so can control the ballpark for his next pick or even make an offer that can't be refused.

E.g. I pick Modric, next chap would be crazy not to pick Cristiano and that leaves me all sorts of great options. The same manager waiting 16 turns may need to find a Dixie Dean teammate.
sure but it goes other way around as well, if you have to pick Dixie Dean teammate first, then you are in the crap boat as well because there is a possibillity the snake cant recover quickly from a dead alley. In reality, there isnt a great solution for this problem, we can only find one that makes the least harm.

diarm

It's already going to be slow enough to add managers AND games.

@Tuppet, you should strongly consider having everyone post their strongest XI and voting a ranking.
This is what they did on that thread posted earlier. Everyone voted on the best keeper, best defence, best midfield and best attack and then added the scores up. Could be a good idea seeing as the drafting process is probably going to take ages!

Marty1968

That's true but say manager 16 picks Modric, Cristiano can then be picked by someone outside the draft (number 17) and so gets blocked. Then when it gets back to manager 16 to make his second consecutive pick he has to choose someone else...

antohan

That's true but say manager 16 picks Modric, Cristiano can then be picked by someone outside the draft (number 17) and so gets blocked. Then when it gets back to manager 16 to make his second consecutive pick he has to choose someone else...
You still manage the ballpark. Unless #17 picks some obscure Inter Zapresic player, which is a bit shit when you can't retaliate with the shoe on the other foot.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
How about draft with conditional picks?

For example:
(1) First Pick should be from a club which has never won any international tournament(both club and country)
(2) Second Pick should be a player who has never had any Ballon Dor point.
(3) Third Pick should be a player who has featured in an world cup star team.
(4) Fourth pick be player from a club which started after 1900s.
(5) Fifth Pick should be a Asian Champions League winner.
(6) Sixth Pick should be a Copa Libertadores winner.

and so on. using which we can have a team consisting of star players and solid work horses, and avoid having all star teams.
We've played a couple of "Criteria" drafts before on similar theme. Check out the OP for links.

Tuppet

It's already going to be slow enough to add managers AND games.

@Tuppet, you should strongly consider having everyone post their strongest XI and voting a ranking.
I don't see why we shouldn't have the games like we usually do. Raking is a good idea for remake type drafts IMO where you don't really play against each other. In this draft its just the pool is random at each turn which is not very different from say monopoly draft. I think we should definitely have matches.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I don't see why we shouldn't have the games like we usually do. Raking is a good idea for remake type drafts IMO where you don't really play against each other. In this draft its just the pool is random at each turn which is not very different from say monopoly draft. I think we should definitely have matches.
If it's just posting a team stuff count me out.. bores me that does.