Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Aye, there seems to be several people who have been waiting for a modern players draft for ages. Better to keep it basic rather than introducing the luck element of assigned players IMO. Not sure if I'll play it or not but it will be a nice change of pace.

@Tuppet that chain draft idea sounds brain-meltingly brilliant!
I agree. A modern draft should be kept modern. I reckon 88 onwards (or just a 90s) snake would work well

Enigma_87

You know who
Sure, we would need to flesh the rules very clearly to make that work. Since its a new-ish format there might be a need for changing rules and when you are playing as well it becomes a bit messy. I would host it with rules set in stone if nobody else does, after EAP's draft.
Sounds good mate, exciting concept. Think we're well due one and haven't taken part in a chain draft before.

idmanager

Start drafting for another draft already. Fecking hate the international break after our best start to a season in 5 seasons.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
You should do something like that

Chain draft

1. Tuppet

Modern/Legacy Draft

1. EAP

100% Modern

Other idea

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
what about "reverse" remake draft? Last time we used classic teams and modern players, this time we could use modern teams and classic players....think it was @Physiocrat that ran the draft, might be wrong as it was ages we played that so apologies in advance to the through draft master. It was a lot of fun that so id be up for that as well....
As for other ideas, i like both although id like few changes in edgar's idea.....

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
what about "reverse" remake draft? Last time we used classic teams and modern players, this time we could use modern teams and classic players....think it was @Physiocrat that ran the draft, might be wrong as it was ages we played that so apologies in advance to the through draft master. It was a lot of fun that so id be up for that as well....
As for other ideas, i like both although id like few changes in edgar's idea.....
I think Joga ran the Remake Draft. That's an interesting twist although I don't know if there are enough interesting variations of tactics post LVG's Ajax. The main innovator would be Bielsa

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
I think Joga ran the Remake Draft. That's an interesting twist although I don't know if there are enough interesting variations of tactics post LVG's Ajax. The main innovator would be Bielsa
not sure you really need innovations as long as teams are interesting enough, both team and player wise.

idmanager

How about a all mates draft? You could only pick a player who at least one person in your team has played with?

Moby

Dick
Yeah it could be interesting having SAF's United or Pep's Barca with older players.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
You should do it now in modern draft. Pick some old teams and recreate with modern players.

Tuppet

Love the drafting part of remake drafts, but the matches where you don't play against each other and just compare who made a better remake always feels like a drag.

Moby

Dick
Love the drafting part of remake drafts, but the matches where you don't play against each other and just compare who made a better remake always feels like a drag.
It's probably a format where we don't need to have a tournament and can simply have all managers do a presentation in one thread of their efforts. I suggested the same for the tactical draft where the goal was to see who used their assigned player the best.

If needed there can be a ranking vote of everyone submitting their top 5 and a winner being announced. But the goal would be see who did the best job of the remake for which a presentation is enough.

Oaencha

I’ve become quite addicted now so I would also like to be in the next one please.

Enigma_87

You know who
How about a all mates draft? You could only pick a player who at least one person in your team has played with?
The chain draft pretty much works the same and I really like it. We can add some additional restrictions if needed.

@Tuppet are you up for running this? It's pretty much snake draft so it shouldn't be a problem both participating and running it?

Tuppet

Sure I can run the chain draft but there are two types of chain drafts -

1. You start by selecting a player and select only players who have played with previous one (but not one before, so you don't like select a whole team). In this there are 16 chains going on (one for each manager) and its relatively easy. We've done this before as well.

2. You only select a player who has played with the player previously selected. This should be harder because instead of having 16 chains, you have one big chain going on through all the selected players and its very hard to plan and probably easy to screw other people. This is the one I was hoping to host next draft, since we never did this before. I am not sure if it would become too hard, but I was thinking - all time, no restriction (except chain requirement) and team mate could be either club or country rules would probably make it doable. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
You have played that before right ? Were the rules same, my concern is when someone leads you to a dead-endish corner is there a way to get out.
Yeah it was the same rules, and people did okay. As much as screwing the next guy is fun people will first pick the best option for themselves which usually keeps the chain alive, although it did run into a deep territory once but managed to come back at the cost of a couple of drafters having to pick shit link players etc. If you are worried about that then probably give everyone a power card they can use to either reset the chain or say have a link from any of the 5 previous picks instead of just last etc. Here's the thread so you can have a look on how it turned out.

http://www.footballforums.net/threa...draft-that-is-different-to-ollies-one.265898/

diarm

I'd like a place in this one if there's space. That chain draft idea sounds great!

Enigma_87

You know who
Yeah it was the same rules, and people did okay. As much as screwing the next guy is fun people will first pick the best option for themselves which usually keeps the chain alive, although it did run into a deep territory once but managed to come back at the cost of a couple of drafters having to pick shit link players etc. If you are worried about that then probably give everyone a power card they can use to either reset the chain or say have a link from any of the 5 previous picks instead of just last etc. Here's the thread so you can have a look on how it turned out.

http://www.footballforums.net/threa...draft-that-is-different-to-ollies-one.265898/
Yeah that would work pretty well IMO.

Browsing through the forum have we had an alphabetic draft before? Like picking a player from a certain country and you can't pick a player born in the same country or go back in the chain?

Moby

Dick
To play. Too much meltdown friendly. Chances to get stuck somewhere...
Nah it won't be that big an issue unless someone literally sabotages his own team to screw others and still there's always some link through club and country and then there can be cards to safeguard against that though I doubt it will be an issue. Drafters are chill.

And anyway it would be a fun draft of sorts.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
After what you subjected us to in your Monopoly Drafts?! You've changed man :(
:lol: Not quite. I prefer the game mod to be in charge of the meltdowns and keep it in control. A previous manager led snake can either be very good or very chaotic depending.....But a as @Moby says, it'll be a fun draft either way.

As long as it's not modern themed, I'll play.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Maybe we should have a Refreshed Players draft. Managers cannot pick any players they have picked in preceding 3 (or maybe 4) drafts. If you are new manager who do not have a 5 game history, mod will randomly allocate a previous manager for their blocks.

The pool will be dynamic and new to the managers.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Maybe we should have a Refreshed Players draft. Managers cannot pick any players they have picked in preceding 3 (or maybe 4) drafts. If you are new manager who do not have a 5 game history, mod will randomly allocate a previous manager for their blocks.

The pool will be dynamic and new to the managers.
I like this idea.

idmanager

I have 1 more idea as long as we are floating them around.

First 2 rounds players get drafted as usual.
From the 3rd round on wards, before the round begins, all players get to block 1 player each from the draft. (Obvious idea would be someone who has Platini would want to block Zico since he is anyways not required for him)
These 16 players will be blocked from draft and the drafting continues..

If the squad is of length 12, around 160 (16*10) players would be added to the block list eventually.

Moby

Dick
Yeah that would work pretty well IMO.

Browsing through the forum have we had an alphabetic draft before? Like picking a player from a certain country and you can't pick a player born in the same country or go back in the chain?
Nah and you will find a lot of draft ideas from that place, they're similarly addicted to them and since they don't have tournaments they roll out new drafts regularly and some have very interesting themes.

However, I would have to say that when it comes to draft addiction there's no bigger bunch of junkies than RAWK. Those guys had every football draft possible, then repeated all of them, and after running out of ideas for football drafts they started having drafts for everything under the sun - Movies Drafts, Comic book character drafts and what not. :lol:

Enigma_87

You know who
Nah and you will find a lot of draft ideas from that place, they're similarly addicted to them and since they don't have tournaments they roll out new drafts regularly and some have very interesting themes.

However, I would have to say that when it comes to draft addiction there's no bigger bunch of junkies than RAWK. Those guys had every football draft possible, then repeated all of them, and after running out of ideas for football drafts they started having drafts for everything under the sun - Movies Drafts, Comic book character drafts and what not. :lol:
:lol: True that. I just saw that they even had 5 a side draft. :lol: Way ahead of us around here.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
:lol: Not quite. I prefer the game mod to be in charge of the meltdowns and keep it in control. A previous manager led snake can either be very good or very chaotic depending.....But a as @Moby says, it'll be a fun draft either way.

As long as it's not modern themed, I'll play.
Ah, that makes sense. I thought you'd suddenly became anti-meltdown and I was concerned :D