Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I said in for draft straight after Gio - does it not count :(?

Oaencha

Jeez... I go to sleep unaware and wake up to find it’s closed already? There should either be a fairer method or more managers included. This is a sheep draft so you could easily add more.

idmanager

Lets make it a 24 team group stage with 3 teams in 8 groups, where only 1 qualifies.
At least that way I would get to play more than 1 game per draft

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Feckers, no privileges for the ones who signed up before? :(

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Run two drafts of 12?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
With the same player pool. With the right set of rules (time based for example) that will be fun.
Both don't have to be sheep drafts, one could be auction one sheep.

Indnyc

24 managers with groups of 3 would be great. Each manager gets to play at least 2 games that way

idmanager

While 24 might be a push, 20 teams can be a good idea.

The 8 slowest teams while drafting have to play a qualifier which would leave us with 16 and the usual rounds could then follow.

Edit: Oh wait, sheep draft doesn't have timings right. Never mind.

Indnyc

While 24 might be a push, 20 teams can be a good idea.

The 8 slowest teams while drafting have to play a qualifier which would leave us with 16 and the usual rounds could then follow.

Edit: Oh wait, sheep draft doesn't have timings right. Never mind.
Or 8 teams with the most sheeps play a qualifier

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Easy. If we have 20 managers, we play 4 first-round (or preliminary round) ties to eliminate 4 teams to get to the magic 16, then proceed from there. That's how every cup knockout competition works in the world.

Oaencha

If more managers can be added I would like a place. I have a decent amount of time free.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Easy. If we have 20 managers, we play 4 first-round (or preliminary round) ties to eliminate 4 teams to get to the magic 16, then proceed from there. That's how every cup knockout competition works in the world.
Yes. Already done in the past. If you do that, these newcomers could you.

Be happy with a sheep draft too.
Hey guys can I get in on the draft action as well ? We just finished our noob draft and would love to play it in the mains. If its full then I can assist someone or even help run the game.

Enigma_87

You know who
I remember we had many complaints last time we had more than 16 managers in the sheep draft in regards to who makes the cut, albeit having a rather strict criteria(with the most sheep).

I like groups but the general consensus is that they take out the momentum.

Tuppet

I like @shrike suggestion, there is really no need to do anything different than what we do. Somebody would just get a bye randomly.

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I can’t wait for this to start already.

Edit: I would also like a draft that outlaws 433/4231 at some point. Forces people to be more inventive.

idmanager

From this sheep draft, lets have a points accumulation table based on performances in each draft.
From the next draft, the teams with least points on the table have to play the prelims/qualifiers in case we have more than 16 teams.
That makes easy to have drafts with 16+2x teams quite easily. Also gives a new metric to boast your drafting ego.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Just let everyone join and use byes to get down to 16. Makes the most sense and should make drafting that little bit tougher which everyone enjoys.

Moby

Dick
Can have 20
R1 - 10 matches --> 10 winners
R2 - 5 matches --> 5 winners
Playoff - between the two winners with lowest winning margins
SF - 2 matches..