g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Indnyc

Skizzo/EAP’s 4 way ludo draft sign up

1) P-Nut
2) Himannv
3) Mjj
4) 2mufc0
5) GSTQ
6) Michaelf
7) Moby
8) Indnyc
9) Sjor
10) Zlatan7
11) willhse456
12) harms
13) Isotope
14) onenil
15) Beam, Jim Beam
16) green_smiley

@Skizzo @Edgar Allan Pillow

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Stone Age Draft

1. Drafting of players born from 1940
2. Only tactics allowed are 2-3-5 (half backs, not wing backs), 3-2-5

Gotten a little boring with the same tactics/formations and eventually same discussions.

Might be a breathe of fresh air with newer formations to explore with all teams having the same weaknesses and same strengths.

Basically, old tactics, but with modern players who never played in those tactics.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Stone Age Draft

1. Drafting of players born from 1940
2. Only tactics allowed are 2-3-5 (half backs, not wing backs), 3-2-5

Gotten a little boring with the same tactics/formations and eventually same discussions.

Might be a breathe of fresh air with newer formations to explore with all teams having the same weaknesses and same strengths.

Basically, old tactics, but with modern players who never played in those tactics.
The Stone Age draft should be for players born prior to 1925, those with little or no full TV games. This way the true oldies will be best recognised. Also it should be called the Dinosaur Draft in honour of Golden Blunder who mocked us saying we'd eventually have such a draft.

I should finish my No Mates series however. I had a 1967-87, 1946-66 so it should be 1925-45. I'm thinking though would No Mates between 25-45 be too restrictive?

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
The Stone Age draft should be for players born prior to 1925, those with little or no full TV games. This way the true oldies will be best recognised. Also it should be called the Dinosaur Draft in honour of Golden Blunder who mocked us saying we'd eventually have such a draft.
Think people will not get a chance to be creative enough if its restricted to pre war players. Besides, not everyone is arsed or excited about them.

Mixing up old formations with modern players sounded better to me.

I should finish my No Mates series however. I had a 1967-87, 1946-66 so it should be 1925-45. I'm thinking though would No Mates between 25-45 be too restrictive?
Not at all.

There are so many unexplored teams and players. Germany 1954 for example.

Again, not sure if very many people would be excited about the era. I'd definitely be the first one to sign up.

Moby

Dick
Actually a pre war draft would be great. With the standard full game evidence rule in place now, most prewar players are excluded. Having something just for them would be great even if it would need intensive research.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Actually a pre war draft would be great. With the standard full game evidence rule in place now, most prewar players are excluded. Having something just for them would be great even if it would need intensive research.
perfect for running two drafts, one normal one and one with fossils.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I think there's probably mileage for GSTQ's restricted formation idea (eg 235 or 325) with an all-time pool in one draft and a pre-TV pool in another draft. In the latter you could keep it limited to 8 teams to make it easier to research and, in turn, to vote on.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Yeah shame you couldn't really have a game between the 2 winners as the eras would be far too different.
second time we would have the same person debating against himself in the final :drool: in this case it would be gio.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
It would be important to be prescriptive around the layout of the players. A 2-3-5 isn't that dissimilar to a modern 4-3-3 depending on the presentation. A standard formation template would help in ensuring voters weren't choosing one over the other for purely tactical / presentational reasons.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Would be in provided it's not limited to the dinosaurs