Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'd want to run it basically in the background whilst other drafts are going on so would not be full in depth games like usual, but rather a committee with each person having a game or 2 to judge each week.
Could you elaborate on this? Will it simply be teamsheets without discussion, will there be write ups? What comprises a non in depth game? :)

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Could you elaborate on this? Will it simply be teamsheets without discussion, will there be write ups? What comprises a non in depth game? :)
It's in the OP I'm writing up, basically a couple of sentences from each manager with a formation graphic each week. The committee will then judge it how they see fit.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's in the OP I'm writing up, basically a couple of sentences from each manager with a formation graphic each week. The committee will then judge it how they see fit.
Cheers, thanks for the Info. Since this is not a tournament format I assume the number of teams isn't really restricted except for maybe an even number? This sounds like something I would try out as well since to it is mostly the matches that seem a bit daunting. And I think the time committment seems manageable.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
In like Huckleberry Finn.
So you would like to be in it, but you wouldn't be able to abide the rules of the draft because of your difficult upbringing and overly independent spirit that will inevitably lead to a dramatic exit?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Cheers, thanks for the Info. Since this is not a tournament format I assume the number of teams isn't really restricted except for maybe an even number? This sounds like something I would try out as well since to it is mostly the matches that seem a bit daunting. And I think the time committment seems manageable.
Yeah numbers are completely fine, could still run with odd numbers, just 1 person would have a bye each week.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
You don't need to draft, just once a week decide which of 2 teams would win a game.
Sign me up for the committee I'm too busy to be much use drafting but I can help out on the committee since I will be online throughout days

Indnyc

Road Trip II

1. Moby
2. Sjor Bepo
3. Indnyc
4. P-Nut
5. Michealf7
6. Jim Beam
7. MJJ
8. 2mufc0
9. EAP
10. Father of the Year Skizzo
11. harms

Anybody else?

willhse456

Road Trip II

1. Moby
2. Sjor Bepo
3. Indnyc
4. P-Nut
5. Michealf7
6. Jim Beam
7. MJJ
8. 2mufc0
9. EAP
10. Father of the Year Skizzo
11. harms

Anybody else?
Is this going to be very similar to the previous one?

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
SF time of the current draft, reckon we can start once we get the numbers

Indnyc

Is this going to be very similar to the previous one?
Basically, the same parent premise - You start from one country and can pick from a bordering country with one free pass to switch continents, same max 2 country rule.

However, last time we picked players who were born in the country we landed in. But this time, we pick players based on their club careers in any professional league played in that country. Only their club performances while playing in the league of that nation would count. Can extend this to include NT performances of the player while he was a part of the league in the country being picked from, though that would be complicated during tournament.

e.g. I start at France and pick Neymar - so he will be judged on his performances for PSG and nothing to do with Santos or Barca. Then, I move to Spain and pick Luis Ronaldo - so only his performances for Madrid and Barca count and none of Inter etc.

Remember, we had the three league draft which had players based on league performances in three specific leagues. This would be a difficult version of that as everyone would have players representing 6 different leagues in the team.

cubemine

Supports
Liverpool
Road Trip II

1. Moby
2. Sjor Bepo
3. Indnyc
4. P-Nut
5. Michealf7
6. Jim Beam
7. MJJ
8. 2mufc0