Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Reinforcements draft

1. Everyone picks a squad of 12 based on some criteria
2. After every round of games, the draft master will randomly draw 4 numbers from 1 to 12. All teams will drop the players picked in the rounds of those number from their teams. These players will go into blocked list.
3. Reinforcement round will have a pool of all the lost teams from all rounds. Each team gets to pick 4 players again.

Basically, your lineup and tactics would look fresh after every game and you will have to adjust tactics based on the players that got dropped.

Quality of dropped players will more or less be same since everyone drops players picked in the same round.

Last edited:

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Reinforcements draft

1. Everyone picks a squad of 12 based on some criteria
2. After every round of games, the draft master will randomly draw 4 numbers from 1 to 12. All teams will drop the players picked in the rounds of those number from their teams. These players will go into blocked list.
3. Reinforcement round will have a pool of all the lost teams from all rounds. Each team gets to pick 4 players again.

Basically, your lineup and tactics would look fresh after every game and you will have to adjust tactics based on the players that got dropped.

Quality of dropped players will more or less be same since everyone drops players picked in the same round.
I would be interested in competing in this draft

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
We can't even get Moby's draft going yet :lol:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
If you have less number of people, you can try out the below:

- Ban obvious superstars less maybe 1 GOAT. Ban all players who have played in the real life team.

What do you all think of a "Can you beat them? draft"!

Rather than playing with each other, we'll draft teams who will 'play' a match against some legendary teams. At end of snake draft, Draft Mod will allocate real life good/great teams to all playing managers. For example, the team Chester drafted will play against Arsenal Invincibles.

R1 match will be Chester All Time vs Invincibles.

If voters deem his team to be victorious, he progresses to next round. Next round he gets a relatively harder team to bear. For example, Milan early 2000s

R2 will be Chester All Time vs Milan 03-07

and so forth....

Opinions?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I remember that idea, @Edgar Allan Pillow - it's not bad.

Need to block with a fairly heavy hand, though. There will be weak points in most legendary teams if we're talking about match-ups against fantasy teams with nothing but top shelf players.

You don't want a bunch of discussions about how X (a good but not great left back) never came up against Garrincha at any point (and numerous variations on that theme).

GodShaveTheQueen

Since nothing's going on, let me float one more idea.

The UEFA Competitions Finals draft

We have had 65 European Cups, 15 Euros and 48 Europa Cups.

Total = 128 Cups

1. Usual 16 managers in draft in snake style drafting
2. The pool of players shall be all the players who appeared in these 128 finals.
3. Each finals can have only 2 players representing them in the draft. One from the winning team and one from the losing team.
4. You can choose any Cup and year of your wish and pick a player from the winning or losing team.

For example -

Manager A picks George Best (European Cup final 1968 winning team)
Manager B picks Eusebio (European Cup final 1968 losing team)

The 1968 European Cup quota is over and can no longer be chosen.

128 finals = 256 finalist team. If 12 picks, we need 192 players. If 14 picks, we need 224 players.
Either ways, we are well covered.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz

Total = 128 Cups

2. The pool of players shall be all the players who appeared in these 128 finals.
3. Each finals can have only 2 players representing them in the draft. One from the winning team and one from the losing team.
4. You can choose any Cup and year of your wish and pick a player from the winning or losing team.

For example -

128 finals = 256 finalist team. If 12 picks, we need 192 players. If 14 picks, we need 224 players.
I would be interested in competing in this draft.

cubemine

Supports
Liverpool

Total = 128 Cups

For example -

I would be interested in this

Skizzo

Total = 128 Cups

For example -

Will their form be considered as a player just for that years competition, or their career as a whole?

I’m in too btw.

GodShaveTheQueen

Alright, that is a minute number, but a start. Lets see if more might be interested.

GodShaveTheQueen

The UEFA Competitions Finals Draft Signup List

1. Michaelf7777777
2. Cubermine
3. Skizzo
4. 2mufc0

Indnyc

1. Michaelf7777777
2. Cubermine
3. Skizzo
4. 2mufc0
5. Indnyc

GodShaveTheQueen

1. Michaelf7777777
2. Cubermine
3. Skizzo
4. 2mufc0
5. Indnyc
6. Sjor Bepo

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Total = 128 Cups

For example -

Just a suggestion and feel free to ignore, but would it be more thematic to include European Cup Winners Cup Finals, either as well as, or instead of the Euros?

GodShaveTheQueen

Just a suggestion and feel free to ignore, but would it be more thematic to include European Cup Winners Cup Finals, either as well as, or instead of the Euros?
There would be overlaps no? Cup winners cup teams are already present in the UCL and Europa quota. Or am I missing something?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
There would be overlaps no? Cup winners cup teams are already present in the UCL and Europa quota. Or am I missing something?
There's no overlap, used to be three different competitions: EC, UEFA and CWC. Three different finals per year (UEFA usually over two legs).

ETA Gio's suggestion makes sense, btw. More logical theme, strictly club football.

Plus, the amount of players you gain from including the Euro finals is probably minimal, at least if we're talking particularly interesting players.

Last edited:

GodShaveTheQueen

There's no overlap, used to be three different competitions: EC, UEFA and CWC. Three different finals per year (UEFA usually over two legs).

ETA Gio's suggestion makes sense, btw. More logical theme, strictly club football.

Plus, the amount of players you gain from including the Euro finals is probably minimal, at least if we're talking particularly interesting players.
Yea I mixed it up with super cup. I agree with the proposal.

Anyways we don't have too many sign ups yet.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
In for whatever is next