Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
I'm in, but please don't ask me difficult questions.
It won't need any research. No questions or criteria. Plain and simple pick anyone draft.
I'm always in for a sheep draft. I do think the not playing safe will actually end up with more sheep, or more likely the big players getting blocked more often, but I don't mind that.
The chance of ending with a sheep will be very low since it can only happen if you collide with someone in round 4. I don't want too many sheep because that ruins games.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Has anything modern been done recently?

Something like this century, or the one of the decades within it.
One option might be a born in the 1980s draft, given we've done 40s, 50s, 60 and 70s. And now the full pool is aged 30-40 and past their peaks which makes it easier to assess their careers.

I think it would be tricky to do a (played-in-the) 2000s draft as it cuts in half the peaks of Zidane/Ronaldo/Rivaldo/Figo/Raul etc at one end and then Messi/Ronaldo/Xavi/Iniesta etc at the other end.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
One option might be a born in the 1980s draft, given we've done 40s, 50s, 60 and 70s. And now the full pool is aged 30-40 and past their peaks which makes it easier to assess their careers.

I think it would be tricky to do a (played-in-the) 2000s draft as it cuts in half the peaks of Zidane/Ronaldo/Rivaldo/Figo/Raul etc at one end and then Messi/Ronaldo/Xavi/Iniesta etc at the other end.
The 80s draft was done a few years ago. I had a great side but then came up against Dinho and I had Rafael at RB.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
The 80s draft was done a few years ago. I had a great side but then came up against Dinho and I had Rafael at RB.
Right enough. And fair enough too, similar to the carnage inflicted by Garrincha on my poor Gambetta at left-back in the Americas draft.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
I was thinking of a sheep draft with a twist.

So the reason for the twist is to punish playing safe.

The difference from your usual sheep draft would be -

1. All players who passed will be revealed every round instead of after 3 rounds.
2. So you will know which gems are still available and can go for them in the next rounds
3. There is literally no incentive to play safe and not be aggressive.
4. Sheeps to be allocated only after 4 rounds. So even more incentive to not play safe.

To make up for the extra round w.r.t time -

Round 1 - 16 hours
Round 2 - 12 hours
Round 3 - 12 hours
Round 4 - 8 hours

All time pool.
In

Perhaps we should do a Exclusion Draft. Pool is all time players who have not have played for Real Madrid, Barca, AC Milan, Inter Milan Juve, Bayern Munich & Man Utd.
Also In

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Perhaps we should do a Exclusion Draft. Pool is all time players who have not have played for Real Madrid, Barca, AC Milan, Inter Milan Juve, Bayern Munich & Man Utd.
That's a good idea although we would need to do some blocks for the older South American players who never moved to the big clubs such as Pele, Zico or Maradona

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
My proposed club block list would be as follows:

Arsenal
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Boca Juniors
Corinthians
Flamengo
Inter Milan
Juventus
Liverpool
Manchester United
Milan
Palmeiras
Real Madrid
River Plate
Santos
Sao Paulo

With the following clubs also being added to the block list if you wanted to make it more difficult:

Ajax
Benfica
Celtic
Dynamo Kiev
Dynamo Moscow
Feyenoord
Marseille
Nacional
Penarol
Porto
PSG
PSV
Rangers
Saint-Etienne
Spartak Moscow
Sporting Lisbon

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
In. I prefer the sheep draft personally as it suits more in terms of the next team I have in mind to build.
Yeah, I prefer the Sheep Draft. Exclusion could be good but would prefer a less research heavy draft at the moment

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
GSTQ Sheep Draft Sign Up

1. Sjor
2. Himannv
3. Sir Scholes
4. Physio
5. Middle Earth Michael
6. GSTQ?

Anyone else?

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
GSTQ Sheep Draft Sign Up

1. Sjor
2. Himannv
3. Sir Scholes
4. Physio
5. Middle Earth Michael
6. GSTQ?

Anyone else?
I dont think the person running the draft can participate in a sheep draft :lol:

And before someone else volunteers to run, I do want to run it :)

Enigma_87

You know who
GSTQ Sheep Draft Sign Up

1. Sjor
2. Himannv
3. Sir Scholes
4. Physio
5. Middle Earth Michael
6. EAP
7. Enigma

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!