Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
I’ll get my OP up in here over the next couple of days to help finding out if there’s enough interest. Don’t mind waiting for someone else to run theirs too if that’s preferred.
its an international week, pull your shit together and open the thread

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I’ll get my OP up in here over the next couple of days to help finding out if there’s enough interest. Don’t mind waiting for someone else to run theirs too if that’s preferred.
In, please. Thanks.

Skizzo

Sorry lads, been a cluster at work this week. Think we had about 5 different fatal collisions. Currently investigating the one that ended with a vehicle into a tree and both bodies burning up.

You draft junkies are always in the back of my mind though:wenger:

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
@Skizzo Have you by any chance had less burned up cars so you can focus on what really matters?

If not, has anyone else got a draft idea?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Sorry lads, been a cluster at work this week. Think we had about 5 different fatal collisions. Currently investigating the one that ended with a vehicle into a tree and both bodies burning up.

You draft junkies are always in the back of my mind though:wenger:
Wouldn't that be the insurance job?

Skizzo

@Skizzo Have you by any chance had less burned up cars so you can focus on what really matters?

If not, has anyone else got a draft idea?
ill probably put mine on the back burner for now (hehe) if someone else is ready to run one.

Wouldn't that be the insurance job?
Nah, majority of what we do is collision investigations and DUI’s. We’re one of the few agencies that will investigate any collision, with injury or not.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
In case an EAP draft doesn't materialize:

I was pretty keen on the formations draft idea (broad squad, random formation allocated to each team for each game).

Forgot who proposed it, maybe @Himannv?

Šjor Bepo

What about a trophy cabinet draft? As Arsenal was often mocked for but still have a good number of trophies we can take them as criteria.
So they have 13 league trophies, 16 cup trophies, Cup winners Cup and lets say one Uefa Cup(Inter Cities Fairs Cup) so the aim is to have a squad that doesnt go over the limit. We can upgrade clubs every RR to keep the spirit throughout.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
What about a trophy cabinet draft? As Arsenal was often mocked for but still have a good number of trophies we can take them as criteria.
So they have 13 league trophies, 16 cup trophies, Cup winners Cup and lets say one Uefa Cup(Inter Cities Fairs Cup) so the aim is to have a squad that doesnt go over the limit. We can upgrade clubs every RR to keep the spirit throughout.
Yeah it's at least something different

Šjor Bepo

How about a decade draft? Everyone sends their decade to a neutral before the draft order and your player must have a 3 year peak within the chosen period. Periods can only be from 0-10, no mixing and going for example 95-05 so its a proper decade battle.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
How about a decade draft? Everyone sends their decade to a neutral before the draft order and your player must have a 3 year peak within the chosen period. Periods can only be from 0-10, no mixing and going for example 95-05 so its a proper decade battle.
Sounds good

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Anyone else have any ideas or want to back one currently suggested? Scrappy suggested an auction draft in another thread

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I could run it but will need some help with setting up matches.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Will put the thread up shortly, will mostly copy format of the last auction draft but will add in a special starting round to make it interesting.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Just went through player prices from last auction draft, some look way off from today's consensus. Perhaps the list could do with a little makeover?

Or is it irrelevant because too low valuations will be outbid anyway?

Last edited:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Just went through player prices from last auction draft, some look way off from today's consensus. Perhaps the list could do with a little makeover?

Or is it irrelevant because too low valuations will be outbid anyway?
Supply and demand. The undervalued players will rise and its also good to keep some value on some players (hidden gems?) . However, the first round mechanic will take out a lot of the top players so we don't get a usual uber GOAT fest.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Supply and demand. The undervalued players will rise and its also good to keep some value on some players (hidden gems?) . However, the first round mechanic will take out a lot of the top players so we don't get a usual uber GOAT fest.
Makes sense. Also just saw that all bids are open for the others to see.

In, btw.

Šjor Bepo

Anyone who has ever played for one of the Superleague teams is blocked. And then Euro only so it's not just a South American draft.
Was thinking of a concept where you choose at the start if you want to be in the superleague or not but have to sort the details of each pick.