Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Himannv

What worked on another forum was to agree on a peak time on a particular day (4 or 5 hours) when everyone was likely to be on and had 30 minutes for each pick. We got through about 7 rounds in that window with 6 participants.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Had earlier today what I felt was an incredible draft idea for squad building and tactical stuff.

4 Managers Draft

1. Before the drafting starts, every manager will declare his choice of any 4 managers from history.
2. You are expected to use the tactics of one manager each round in any order you wish based on your drawn opponent.. So if you reach the final, you would have built teams with the tactics of 4 different managers.
3. All time open pool with initial drafting of 14-15 players. More than usual to accommodate multiple tactics.
4. You don't need to inform your opponent before hand the manager you would be choosing for the game.
5. And since these will be huge squads and everyone would want to play at least 2 rounds so the effort doesn't go for waste after an early exit, there will have to be a Europa League with the R1 eliminations.

NoPace

Had earlier today what I felt was an incredible draft idea for squad building and tactical stuff.

4 Managers Draft

1. Before the drafting starts, every manager will declare his choice of any 4 managers from history.
2. You are expected to use the tactics of one manager each round in any order you wish based on your drawn opponent.. So if you reach the final, you would have built teams with the tactics of 4 different managers.
3. All time open pool with initial drafting of 14-15 players. More than usual to accommodate multiple tactics.
4. You don't need to inform your opponent before hand the manager you would be choosing for the game.
5. And since these will be huge squads and everyone would want to play at least 2 rounds so the effort doesn't go for waste after an early exit, there will have to be a Europa League with the R1 eliminations.
Really like this idea, though as always I'm only down for modern day stuff (21st century or just "If a tournament started today) as I don't enjoy the historical discussions as much because they seem too subjective to me.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
How will the teams be judged on, the usual or will a better tactical recreational get extra points?
You should ideally vote against anyone who doesn't follow his manager choice's tactics. And of course, if both do, vote for the better team like we usually do.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
What ever the next draft is, id love us to try a different voting system.....in fact we scrap voting for a panel of 3-5 hand picked elders of the draft community that will decide winners. It might turned out to be awful but what can we lose, one draft out of thousands we do.
My reasoning to why we should try it is that i feel people stopped voting on who would actually win a game and are now voting on zillion different reasons + its always good to try new things.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
I have a new idea, a manager chain draft where every player selected has to have played under the same manager as your previous selection, but the same manager cannot be used more than once to link players. Alternatively, to make it more difficult the player you chose two rounds prior cannot have played under the manager used to link the most recent two players.

Šjor Bepo

I have a new idea, a manager chain draft where every player selected has to have played under the same manager as your previous selection, but the same manager cannot be used more than once to link players. Alternatively, to make it more difficult the player you chose two rounds prior cannot have played under the manager used to link the most recent two players.
lovely, chains are brilliant :drool:
though would prefer one big chain other then everyone having their own.

Šjor Bepo

how about a decade chain with blocks?
  1. 65-69
  2. 70-74
  3. 75-79
  4. 80-84
  5. 85-89
  6. 90-94
  7. 95-99
  8. 00-04
  9. 05-09
  10. 10-14
  11. 15-19
You can start wherever but you then have to follow a chain, from 15-19 you go to 65-69. From which ever period you pick a player you must use that version of a player(cant pick Messi in 15-19 and use 2011 version). All clubs and all internationals are blocked from that period so lets say in 65-69 Di Stefano played for River, Real, Argentina and Spain - all those teams are then blocked for you.

Himannv

1. 65-69
  2. 70-74
  3. 75-79
  4. 80-84
  5. 85-89
  6. 90-94
  7. 95-99
  8. 00-04
  9. 05-09
  10. 10-14
  11. 15-19
You can start wherever but you then have to follow a chain, from 15-19 you go to 65-69. From which ever period you pick a player you must use that version of a player(cant pick Messi in 15-19 and use 2011 version). All clubs and all internationals are blocked from that period so lets say in 65-69 Di Stefano played for River, Real, Argentina and Spain - all those teams are then blocked for you.
In.

BIG DUNK

Tank
  1. 65-69
  2. 70-74
  3. 75-79
  4. 80-84
  5. 85-89
  6. 90-94
  7. 95-99
  8. 00-04
  9. 05-09
  10. 10-14
  11. 15-19
This sounds like an excellent idea (increases chances of drafting less popular players from less popular eras!)
I will play please.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
  1. 65-69
  2. 70-74
  3. 75-79
  4. 80-84
  5. 85-89
  6. 90-94
  7. 95-99
  8. 00-04
  9. 05-09
  10. 10-14
  11. 15-19
In

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
New draft idea. A Northern Europe draft to be followed by a Southern European draft.

We have had an Eastern Bloc draft so I think the division of North and South makes sense.

Northern Europe: Iceland, Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland,

Southern Europe: Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Malta, Cyprus, Greece

For the Northern Draft I was thinking of a restriction of 7 players from England, Germany and Holland.

Not sure if Best should act as a restricted player too due to his draft pull.

The Southern Europe draft would have no restrictions as pretty much anyone outside Italy, Spain, Portugal and Spain would be a sheep.

Thoughts?

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Here's another idea inspired by thinking about the old foreigner rule.

Everyone chooses a country by PM and no-one yet knows what the country is. Multiple drafters per country is fine. All players must be drafted from single country except for three foreigners which are from any country.

The early rounds could be interesting in that you will be kept guessing as to who has picked which country.

NoPace

How about a draft of all the 2022 World Cup eligible players? So basically players from the 32 teams minus a list of ineligible guys like Vardy and Kroos. Maybe only one player per team so it's not mostly benches from the top teams.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Here's another idea inspired by thinking about the old foreigner rule.

Everyone chooses a country by PM and no-one yet knows what the country is. Multiple drafters per country is fine. All players must be drafted from single country except for three foreigners which are from any country.

The early rounds could be interesting in that you will be kept guessing as to who has picked which country.
I'd be totally in if I have time.