Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
I'd prefer a 1 player per world cup draft where 1 player per men's world cup is drafted to create a squad of 22 (each of whom has to play in at least 1 draft match) judged on career peak.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I suggest we don't start the next draft until after the New Year as traffic drops massively over Christmas. That said it would be good to organise it so we can start in the new year.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
We should play a Kevin De Bruyne theme draft around Christmas, criteria based

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
While we are on the the topic of Kdb, an interesting idea might be international and continental cup failures draft. Essentially anyone who has won a international or continental trophy is blocked. Might prop up a nice pool. Not a dig at Kdb, think the pool might actually be really fresh

Šjor Bepo

While we are on the the topic of Kdb, an interesting idea might be international and continental cup failures draft. Essentially anyone who has won a international or continental trophy is blocked. Might prop up a nice pool. Not a dig at Kdb, think the pool might actually be really fresh
might be one of the criterias :wenger:
have a bit time now so will see if i can get 12 functional ones

Šjor Bepo

Draft Alone

1. Essentially anyone who has won a international or continental trophy is blocked.
2. Was third in Balon d'Or award
3. Finished third at WC
4. Won trophies in 3 countries
5. Won leagues in 2 countries
6. Never won CL
7. Played or born for/in Belgium
8. Was at loan at some point in career
9. Played for two top 4 teams(City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea) in England
10. Scored against Bayern in Bundesliga
11. Was footballer of the year in Germany https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footballer_of_the_Year_(Germany) (if you left without players you gonna pick just 11 not 12)
12. Was midfielder of the year in CL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Club_Football_Awards#Best_Midfielder (if you left without players you gonna pick just 11 not 12)

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Draft Alone

1. Essentially anyone who has won a international or continental trophy is blocked.
2. Was third in Balon d'Or award
3. Finished third at WC
4. Won trophies in 3 countries
5. Won leagues in 2 countries
6. Never won CL
7. Played or born for/in Belgium
8. Was at loan at some point in career
9. Played for two top 4 teams(City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea) in England
10. Scored against Bayern in Bundesliga
11. Was footballer of the year in Germany https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footballer_of_the_Year_(Germany) (if you left without players you gonna pick just 11 not 12)
12. Was midfielder of the year in CL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Club_Football_Awards#Best_Midfielder (if you left without players you gonna pick just 11 not 12)
Not a joke

If you set up this for real, I will play it( and not abandon it as I did it to Decade chain draft). :wenger:
How about others?

Very interesting idea

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Anyone interested in a Monopoly Auction Draft?

Would be a usual monopoly draft, but every round will be for 12 hrs and will be auction based. Everyone needs to nominate one player that fits the box they are on. But they can bid on all nominated players that fit their box.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Anyone interested in a Monopoly Auction Draft?

Would be a usual monopoly draft, but every round will be for 12 hrs and will be auction based. Everyone needs to nominate one player that fits the box they are on. But they can bid on all nominated players that fit their box.
In

Šjor Bepo

WC draft
Can only use tournament once
Can only have 1 WC winner in the team
Can only have 1 Golden Ball/Golden Boot in the team
Can only have 5 players that finished in WC all star XI

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Sign me up for anything. Got a sinking feeling we're going to be struggling to fill 8 team drafts at the moment never mind getting 16 participants :(
As I said before. Settle on a concept, fire up the thread and start in the New Year. It always goes slow round here at this time of year and will get slower closer to Christmas Day.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
As I said before. Settle on a concept, fire up the thread and start in the New Year. It always goes slow round here at this time of year and will get slower closer to Christmas Day.
I'm happy with that. @Edgar Allan Pillow 's Monopoly Auction idea sounds like a fun one for the New Year when people have more time. Not opposed to doing something low-research in the interim period though, even with 8 teams, if sad cases such as myself want something to tide them over.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I'm happy with that. @Edgar Allan Pillow 's Monopoly Auction idea sounds like a fun one for the New Year when people have more time. Not opposed to doing something low-research in the interim period though, even with 8 teams, if sad cases such as myself want something to tide them over.
A reserve reserve draft? Just lots of blocks and no research.

Šjor Bepo

A reserve reserve draft? Just lots of blocks and no research.
lots of blocks means lots of research....

lets do a quick 8 man draft during christmas, the feck im gonna do after all that food? something light and fun with proper no research

All Time Draft with WC winners blocked
WC Qatar Draft(im aware nobody wants to do current players but could be fun, give me that n8 from Morocco :drool: )
This one is research based but should be fun and fits nicely during Christmas time as we celebrate actual Gods and not that made up one - Touched by God(picture/vid proof of being in contact with Cruyff or Maradona)

Physiocrat

Has No Mates

lets do a quick 8 man draft during christmas, the feck im gonna do after all that food? something light and fun with proper no research

WC Qatar Draft(im aware nobody wants to do current players but could be fun, give me that n8 from Morocco :drool: )
This one is research based but should be fun and fits nicely during Christmas time as we celebrate actual Gods and not that made up one - Touched by God(picture/vid proof of being in contact with Cruyff or Maradona)
@NoPace Would be up for that

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

:lol: Love it! could be a great time-filler if we can get 8 sad sacks to play it in the run-up to Christmas. Consider me in.

Šjor Bepo

Not sure why a reserve reserve draft is research intensive. You can literally pick anyone not in the block lists!

But fine, am up for anything too. No research.
because even in initial reserve draft 7 out of 10 players you thought about picking were blocked.

i mean im in, its just not a 2 min decision draft everyone else wants at this point

Šjor Bepo

Messi vs Maradona Draft

Was going through Messi thread last night and amazingly instead of a footballing lovefest there was constant good old debate about who is the GOAT and what did who achieve.....snoozefest.
But thought it might me a nice idea for the draft, though it would must be a 8 man draft(which is not a problem as only one interested would probably be me and mustard). Everyone can pick either Diego or Messi, afterwards you go with the other ones international teammates and international peaks.