Next manager post-LVG

Member 5225

Seems LVG will stay till his 3 year contract is up (if that!) - am just mulling who the genuine contenders to replace him are/would be. Who would be your choice?

Squeezing my head only has Guardiola as the exceptional candidate I suppose.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Seems LVG will stay till his 3 year contract is up (if that!) - am just mulling who the genuine contenders to replace him are/would be. Who would be your choice?

Based on what exactly? :lol:

Crashoutcassius

Giggs will get a shot it is lined up so obviously, and he did okay in his few games here. Hopefully the squad isn't too geared towards rolling the ball around the back at that stage and we have some exciting and more effective players

Dunk

Body language expert

Guardiola or Mourinho. Not Ancelloti, because I've had it with dinousaurs and he would have no idea how to improve us. The first two have the respect and the skills to get this club up there again. And they are young. And they can show passion. And they can show love for their players and their teams. And don't behave like a soulless Dutch robot when we're 2 - 1 down to Swansea.

Raw

It's hard to say, who would be available by then? If Pep's available, definitely him.

Wouldn't give it to Giggs at all.

Member 5225

Are we agreeing to rule out Jose Mourinho though based on the immense unlikelihood of him leaving Chelski for us?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Get rid of the big names and the dross .. then appoint a new manager.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Giggs will get a shot it is lined up so obviously, and he did okay in his few games here. Hopefully the squad isn't too geared towards rolling the ball around the back at that stage and we have some exciting and more effective players
Giggs in the current situation would be the last nail in the coffin.

rpitchfo

He will be gone before the end of the season. There isn't really anyone to replace him really. There was one right choice after Fergie and we blew it in the hope that football was still the same game as when Sir Alex first took over. That decision will come close to costing us a billion pounds before we see some stability.

Water Melon

Not sure if Simeone would be available, but he would be my no 1 candidate. Would love to see Pep or Mou here, although I doubt it will ever happen. If Koeman or Martinez take their teams to CL, would consider them as well.

JUPITER

For me, a younger more dynamic manager who has a brand of football that works in the PL...

Pochettino bringing Kane with him.

Koeman bringing Clyne and Schneiderlin with him.

Zoo

Guardiola or Mourinho. Not Ancelloti, because I've had it with dinousaurs and he would have no idea how to improve us. The first two have the respect and the skills to get this club up there again. And they are young. And they can show passion. And they can show love for their players and their teams. And don't behave like a soulless Dutch robot when we're 2 - 1 down to Swansea.
Ancelotti is only a couple of years older then Mourinho, hardly a dinosaur. If anything he's probably the most adaptable of the 3.

Dunk

Body language expert
For me, a younger more dynamic manager who has a brand of football that works in the PL...

Pochettino bringing Kane with him.

Koeman bringing Clyne and Schneiderlin with him.
No. No more risks. No Giggs. No Simeone, no Pochettino, no Klopp, not fecking Koeman either please.

Guardiola/Mourinho or keep Van Gaal in till we can get one of them.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I would like Simeone. Aggressive counter attacking football which I think would suit our squad more than patient, possession football. He wouldn't just sit on the bench drawing pictures if were 2-1 down with 15 minutes to go. He'd be going apeshit, urging us forward and showing a desire to win.

Hitchcocker

I think Koeman would be a horrible choice for a big team. I would love Conte to manage United one day.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
3 years? Are you shitting me! :nervous:

I wouldn't mind him gone now and Giggs to take charge till the end of the year. I am so done with his nonsense.

As for the next manager:

Wasn't Fergie having tea with Jose in Paris a few days back? What was that about?
When does Pep's contract with Bayern end?
I would love to get Ancelloti until Pep is available. Isn't time for Real to change managers?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
:lol: He won the CL just last year ffs and he's only 2/3 years older than Mourinho.

JON.B

Sloop
6-7 months ago I would of said Klopp without any hesitation but now i'm not so convinced. Simeone is the only standout candidate for me now, failing that i'd give it to Giggs as i'm not sure he could do a great deal worse than both Moyes or LVG.

Guardiola needs to prove he can go and build a team first in a more competitive league before i'd consider him.

Member 5225

3 years? Are you shitting me! :nervous:

I wouldn't mind him gone now and Giggs to take charge till the end of the year. I am so done with his nonsense.

As for the next manager:

Wasn't Fergie having tea with Jose in Paris a few days back? What was that about?
When does Pep's contract with Bayern end?
I would love to get Ancelloti until Pep is available. Isn't time for Real to change managers?
Yeah the United-Jose flirting just doesn't seem to go away, but would Jose leave his beloved Chelski/London for us + is he now tainted after going back etc?
Pep seems the one, surely he'll get fed up in Bayern soon enough.
Carlo Ancelotti seems to come across as a safe pair of hands, don't rock the boat typa guy to me...

Dunk

Body language expert
:lol: He won the CL just last year ffs and he's only 2/3 years older than Mourinho.
They were lucky to beat Atl. Madrid.

I don't mind him, but don't have a good feeling for him either. Arching that eyebrow on the touchline when we're losing.

Member 5225

6-7 months ago I would of said Klopp without any hesitation but now i'm not so convinced. Simeone is the only standout candidate for me now, failing that i'd give it to Giggs as i'm not sure he could do a great deal worse than both Moyes or LVG.

Guardiola needs to prove he can go and build a team first in a more competitive league before i'd consider him.
like in err I dunno, Spain?

JUPITER

No. No more risks. No Giggs. No Simeone, no Pochettino, no Klopp, not fecking Koeman either please.

Guardiola/Mourinho or keep Van Gaal in till we can get one of them.
I don't view Pochettino as a risk personally. If he had the squad and resources that Van Gaal has enjoyed I believe we'd be a fearsome side to face.

Neither his name nor Koeman's should be mentioned in the same sentence as Ryan Giggs.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Wut?

m1y2

Gary finished his A license so I guess him and Giggs could be a great duo no matter who will be the main man, I guess it could be Giggs as he is more representative and Gary knows the tactics so well so I guess he should be the firs man to form the new core around. Looks like a fairy tale but it makes sense..

Would you trust to any other manager? I guess Mclearen could be somewhat worth a shout, shame Ole did take a job at Cardiff, he could do much better with different team..

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
They were lucky to beat Atl. Madrid.

I don't mind him, but don't have a good feeling for him either. Arching that eyebrow on the touchline when we're losing.
Think the "luck" argument runs aground when you consider his other two CL wins. Also won the double in his first season in the PL.....

Anyway, whatever.

Dunk

Body language expert
I don't view Pochettino as a risk personally. If he had the squad and resources that Van Gaal has enjoyed I believe we'd be a fearsome side to face.

Neither his name nor Koeman's should be mentioned in the same sentence as Ryan Giggs.
Maybe Pochettino. But he's a risk at this stage. Give us ten years of our next coach and THEN Pochettino. If he's as good as they say he is, he'd be a super coach by then. Thing is, with Pochettino, if it works, then wow. We'd be blessed. He's young and he's quite badass in a way. But if it doesn't work, that's strike three.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
err based on his initial quotes after getting the job about how his wife wanted him to retire, but he negotiated a 'final contract' in England etc etc
How is that a proper answer to my question?

It looks increasing unlikely that we'll finish top four and you say "Seems LVG will stay three years". People sign contracts all the time and don't see them out...

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Ancelotti or Pep. With either of those there are no maybes, mitigating situations or anything.

We should all be rooting for Barca in La Liga, because you know Ancelotti'll get the ax if he doesn't win the league.

JON.B

Sloop
like in err I dunno, Spain?
Spain has been pretty much a two horse race up until recently, he also had some of the best players at his disposal. Lets see how he gets on when he has to go to another league where the opposition is much closer and he has to work with lesser players before we judge him fully.

ForlansHair

My dream would be Guardiola, and he supposedly wants the job at some point in his career, according to respected journalists based in Spain. He admires the history and tradition of the so called 'big clubs'.

He would be perfect after LVG. His Barcelona and Bayern sides have played some of the most glorious football I have ever seen. They've won 8 and 6 - 0 in a matter of weeks. He's a genius and the is the greatest in the game today imo.

Dunk

Body language expert
And our last two wins. :lol:
Ummm, those weren't luck. Both games were an even toss-up and we won. We weren't lucky. We were the stronger teams at the end of the day.

Member 5225

How is that a proper answer to my question?

It looks increasing unlikely that we'll finish top four and you say "Seems LVG will stay three years". People sign contracts all the time and don't see them out...
Sorry, I think we're saying the same thing.
I meant, based on facts, LVG will stay here for 3 years (or less if we decide to sack him, etc).

m1y2

And local players would have a shot. Pearson and Pereira for sure..Not that Van Gaal didn't tried anyone..

I guess he would have benched the likes of Van Persie straight away and given chance to Wilson, even more, Rooney would obviously be still problem as a captain but Poch didn't hesitate with benching Kaboul also even it's not as big name as Rooney..

And he would take Harry with him:drool:

Member 5225

Spain has been pretty much a two horse race up until recently, he also had some of the best players at his disposal. Lets see how he gets on when he has to go to another league where the opposition is much closer and he has to work with lesser players before we judge him fully.
Example of said league please?
ps. the 'two horse race' league of La Liga was also availabe for all Barca and Madrid managers before him to dominte in the way he did, but did not...

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think I'd actually cry if we appointed Giggs as manager and not in a good way.