Next Manchester United captain

Who do you want to be the next Manchester United captain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
5 CLs, Casemiro is the obvious choice.

So it'll be Bruno.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Captain: Bruno
Vice captain: Varane
Vice captain 2: Martinez
Vic captain 3: Casemrio
Vice captain 4: Rashford

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Just make McTominay the captain so that we can phase him out for good next season. Then Fred, then Elanga and so on.

Mr Smith

It will be Bruno, and it should be. There's a shout for Casemiro given his experience, but he doesnt need the armband to be a leader; everyone knows how important he is. Calls for Martinez are extremely premature.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
It will surely be Bruno but I would pick Luke Shaw

he's now our longest serving player, always speaks well in interview and a guaranteed starter

Casemiro lack of English counts him out

quadrant

I'd go for Bruno. I think its important to have a captain who exemplifies the approach we want to have to games, and having someone lead from the front with a high pressure attacking style fits the bill. We already know he's a leader on and off the pitch, and is always vocal.

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
Bruno definitely, he’s been our Captain since his first game for us. You don’t appreciate what he does for the team unless you see him in the flesh.

El Jefe

Varane and make Bruno and Casemiro vice captains.

Bruno is too petulant and needs someone to keep him in check at times. Casemiro did that quite a few times last season which was nice to see.

I say Varane because he leads by example and is very calm but vocal when needed. Bruno can be too bratty for my liking.

Idxomer

he's now our longest serving player, always speaks well in interview and a guaranteed starter

Agree with that, he should be at least vice-captain.

Andy_Cole

I was thinking this about Shaw. He’d make a very good vice captain.

Dike_Manc

When the team is having a bad day, you want...no, you need your captain to rise above it all and pull the team back up. This is where Bruno falls short for me.
Your captain should have consistent 7-8 out of 10 performance levels game-in game-out (for example Varane, Shaw and Martinez). Not try flicks and tricks when your team has hardly had possession for about 10 minutes.
I vote Martinez but I will settle for Varane too.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Agree with that, he should be at least vice-captain.
I was thinking this about Shaw. He’d make a very good vice captain.

I never understood why Shaw isn't more in the captain conversation

Clearly Bruno is favourite and I understand support for Varane and Casemiro (lack of English is an issue for me) but Shaw has to be up there too - way ahead of Martinez for example

Von Mistelroum

I feel like Casemiro would be ideal. He is a calming influence with loads of experience and a mature attitude. A person who commands respect too. Bruno is great but I think Case is more Captain material.

Redstain

Don't really understand the shouts for Luke Shaw as captain. Doesn't seem the type to galvanize a team when things go bad. He's a quality player but seems a minute personality. Bruno is best placed though he could do without the stroppy elements and moaning.

arthurka

Why is Bruno the preferred choice ? Not like he hasn´t been diabolical in some of those big matches for us.
I would like to see Martinez given a chance as captain.

Alfie092

Has to be Rashford now after committing himself to the club. Someone who comes from the academy and understands the club. Would make Shaw vice-captain purely because he is the longest serving player at the club.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

That's an interesting pick, he has good enough points to back the claim.

One of our most consistent player since Jose was sacked, been at club for 9 years, speaks really well in PC and also very calm head on the pitch.

I think it will be Bruno with Shaw as second captain.

El Jefe

Shaw??? I love him as a player but nothing about him gives off captain material especially with some of the other options. Rashford too, I don't get that.

Varane, Bruno and Casemiro are the obvious candidates. Licha would also be a better option in my opinion than Shaw or Rashford.

Good thing is we at least have good options now. A few seasons ago our best options were Maguire, DDG and Pogba.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Varane for me. Bruno as vice in a similar capacity to what he’s doing currently (and whenever the former is out injured)

saivet

I'd go with Varane and would also be happy with Casemiro. That said, it will clearly be Bruno, which I have no issue with either. We have a quite a few good options even if there is a surprise and it's not Bruno.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Captain: Bruno
Vice Captain: Martinez
Vice Vice Captain: Rashford

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Surprisingly one sided poll. I'd go for Casemiro as he looks like a vocal leader, Bruno moans too much (a bit of moaning is OK but Bruno goes to extreme).

miked99

Surely Casemiro or Varane are the obvious choices? Bruno is miles too petulant and hot headed when things aren't going his way, that's not the actions of a captain. Let him focus on the many things he's good at.

Kostov

Lisandro for me. Young enough and an absolute beast of a player. I think he can be one of those lead by example captains.

red_de_pologne

any other choice than Bruno would be like stripping Bruno of captaincy almost, no chance it goes to someone else, there's only a question of vice between Varane and Case

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Personally, I'd have loved Rashford for the armband: local lad, academy graduate, well behaved, regular starter - ideal to be the face of Man United for the coming years. Bruno could continue in the role of Vice-Captain, although I pretty much expect him to make the step up to captaincy now, probably deservedly too.

Concerns about leadership are unfounded in my opinion, the leaders in the squad don't need the armband and the captain doesn't necessarily need to be the most vocal either. I'm sure we can find many examples of CL and WC winning teams whose captain's weren't the most vocal. I think these days it's more of a symbol than the designated person to rally team-mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.