Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Name

I see a lot of people are dreaming of Ten Haag and would be disappointed if we dont get him, yet I dont see any links about us going for him at all.

AneRu

Has to be Ten Hag or Galtier for me.

After that I'd rather go for Potter than names mentioned. Or maybe even a Rangnick.
Yeah if we fail on Ten Hag, Enrique or Galtier we shouldn't consider Rodgers or Pochettino and we should just take a risk on Potter. However if we don't move quickly on Ten Hag he will be snapped up in the Feb/Mar/April CL fallout by more serious clubs. Tie him down for next season and bring in a Favre or someone of that ilk as interim.

Longshanks

Not sure Bruce is the right man for the inertim, basically writing the season off with that I feel.

Can we convince SAF out of retirement? One last shot at that elusive 3rd European Cup? Too much of a fairytale probably, but just imagine the scenes.

The Poch rumours seem to be gathering pace wouldn't be unpalatable certainly much prefer him to Rodgers by a long way.

Still think we should take a punt on Potter personally but there isn't alot of noise about it so looks very unlikely.

Ten Hag seems getable in the summer, which means we need a good interim for the rest of the season. Something I don't see happening unfortunately. That would be the ideal scenario if we can pull it off though.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Most names are so underwhelming. Shows what state we are in. Rodgers, Poch, Bruce, all managers who will not take us forward. Zidane and ETH unsure I guess. As if our board could not have prepared any worse

Topperharley

Supports
QPR (Dad is lifelong Utd fan)
I thought that would be a good shout but others would say SAF is part of the problem and needs to be deleted.

Man Utd will never not have that mans shadow over it, may aswell embrace it and in my opinion he is your best shot of a good remainder of this season, and your best shot of getting the club back to where you all want it. Any new manager coming in will struggle not to be undermined if not immediately successful with the quality of this squad.

Telsim

Alright, scuttlebutt says Brendan Rodgers is all but confirmed at this point. And I'm inclined to believe that, as he is the most Woodward appointment ever.

sigh

We are finished. With Brendan Rodgers at the helm, this club will at long last cement it's position firmly out of Top 4. On the bright side, at least will have a go at Carabao and FA I guess, haha.

Last edited:

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Most names are so underwhelming. Shows what state we are in. Rodgers, Poch, Bruce, all managers who will not take us forward. Zidane and ETH unsure I guess. As if our board could not have prepared any worse
To be fair the probably best 4 managers are bound to City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Bayern.
Not getting free agent Conte in really seems absurd. Other than that Poch and Ten Hag are the best options and we need to buy them out of their contracts. What I do not understand is why wait for the summer as both have contracts running longer than that. Also Rodgers.

I personally believe our tactic is to see if any of those three gets the sack (surely not Ten Hag) and we can save a few bucks.

the_cliff

Some reports in Holland saying Ten Hag won't say no to United. Although surprisingly they're worried about his level of English.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be fair the probably best 4 managers are bound to City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Bayern.
Not getting free agent Conte in really seems absurd. Other than that Poch and Ten Hag are the best options and we need to buy them out of their contracts. What I do not understand is why wait for the summer as both have contracts running longer than that. Also Rodgers.

I personally believe our tactic is to see if any of those three gets the sack (surely not Ten Hag) and we can save a few bucks.
Why would you assume that taking anything from PSG is actually an idea? And most of what we have heard about ten Hag since this summer points to him not leaving until summer 2022 at the earliest.

Keyser

My concern about ETH is the Dutch league, we were all excited by Blind, Depay, DvB, it's an easy league to look like a superstar in

Poch managed perennial losers Spurs on a shoestring and almost got them something, has to be him for me

GoldanoGraham

Worrying news in some of the papers about Rogers - surely, surely there are some people on the board with their ear to the ground that would realise that this is a non starter from the fans - Fergie of all people would not advocate an ex Liverpool manager, who failed there and is also having a serious slide at Leicester currently being the man to deal with our motley crew and get them firing on all cylinders……

This is a monumental task to get right this time and thorough planning and discussions rather than knee jerk reactions.

Im not convinced on the interim interim manager - we need to save our season now.

They need to identify who they want and go all out to get them now - Everyone can be persuaded to move for the right price - while it’s ideal to wait until the end of the season and admiral - didn’t we hear all that horse shite from Conte a couple of weeks ago - didn’t want to join mid-season etc etc - and look what happened when only the job he didn’t want was left on the table - granted he wasn’t in a current managerial position…..

Forget Zidane - he’s not interested
Forget Rogers - he’s not good enough

Either get Poch (who I assume is their favourite due to previous workings in EPL) - or go for ETH (who is unproven in the EPL)

Zidane to replace Poch could also be a real possibility as that make work for them Ona number of fronts - also - as if PSG don’t want Poch out then as we’ve seen with Mbappe - no amount will make them do something they don’t want to do…..

Ed Woodward got a lot of work to do in his final few months as CEO!

the_cliff

Worrying news in some of the papers about Rogers - surely, surely there are some people on the board with their ear to the ground that would realise that this is a non starter from the fans - Fergie of all people would not advocate an ex Liverpool manager, who failed there and is also having a serious slide at Leicester currently being the man to deal with our motley crew and get them firing on all cylinders……

This is a monumental task to get right this time and thorough planning and discussions rather than knee jerk reactions.

Im not convinced on the interim interim manager - we need to save our season now.

They need to identify who they want and go all out to get them now - Everyone can be persuaded to move for the right price - while it’s ideal to wait until the end of the season and admiral - didn’t we hear all that horse shite from Conte a couple of weeks ago - didn’t want to join mid-season etc etc - and look what happened when only the job he didn’t want was left on the table - granted he wasn’t in a current managerial position…..

Forget Zidane - he’s not interested
Forget Rogers - he’s not good enough

Either get Poch (who I assume is their favourite due to previous workings in EPL) - or go for ETH (who is unproven in the EPL)

Zidane to replace Poch could also be a real possibility as that make work for them Ona number of fronts - also - as if PSG don’t want Poch out then as we’ve seen with Mbappe - no amount will make them do something they don’t want to do…..

Ed Woodward got a lot of work to do in his final few months as CEO!
I agree with this, I'd prefer Ten Hag but out of the other options Poch looks the best. We can't afford to wait till after the world cup for Enrique.

We really need an interim asap as well, as we could be 10 points behind 4th after the Palace game.

FireballXL5

Some reports in Holland saying Ten Hag won't say no to United. Although surprisingly they're worried about his level of English.
He probably has a better grasp of English than Carrick :lol:

We really need to go all out for Ten Hag, but I'm confident we'll manage to balls it up somehow and remain a laughing stock.

yipthatman

I'm not convinced that Fergie is doing much actual poking (the old man loves Ronaldo, obviously - but how much influence he has is debatable) - but, yes, we definitely need a strong manager.

Contrary to what his most deluded fans think, Ronaldo can clearly be seen as a potential problem - a basic requirement for the new man will be that he sees Ronaldo as just another player who must be used wisely and appropriately.
Didn't he go to protect Oles job for him when he clearly should have been sacked? I mean , it's hard to know what to believe. I loved Fergie back in the day but it seems like everything he has a hand in since his retirement fails.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I think it is a bit weird to put any blame on SAF or Ronaldo. Our current state surely is not their fault.
SAF did think a bit short term to reach his goal of winning one last trophy, but this was nearly a decade ago so enough time for a proper rebuild.

DavelinaJolie

I am starting to wonder if my aversion to Poch is simply that it's an old name that been thrown around for so long.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think it is a bit weird to put any blame on SAF or Ronaldo. Our current state surely is not their fault.
SAF did think a bit short term to reach his goal of winning one last trophy, but this was nearly a decade ago so enough time for a proper rebuild.
It's for an other thread but SAF responsibility is a bit larger than that, if you consider the fact that he was in charge of the Football side organization, he knew that by leaving he would totally gut the team, yet he never altered the way he worked and introduced outsiders to the organization. As much as I have a lot of fondness and respect for SAF, he is one of the main culprit. With power comes responsibilities.

Real Name

If you really believe in what you said. You need to wash your sins in lake Minnetonka.
Whatever man. I bet you have a grand plan or idea what should the club do right now. And who knows how to coach and who not, the great Mainoldo will give the final judgement on that.

Real Name

It's for an other thread but SAF responsibility is a bit larger than that, if you consider the fact that he was in charge of the Football side organization, he knew that by leaving he would totally gut the team, yet he never altered the way he worked and introduced outsiders to the organization. As much as I have a lot of fondness and respect for SAF, he is one of the main culprit. With power comes responsibilities.
Main culprit for the situation we're in now?

Mainoldo

Whatever man. I bet you have a grand plan or idea what should the club do right now. And who knows how to coach and who not, the great Mainoldo will give the final judgement on that.
:lol: I thought you was joking.

You really would settle with Steve Bruce?

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Anyone have a river for the full Ajax - rkc match? My usual source is empty. Wasn’t able to watch the game today.

Mainoldo

You know what an interim manager is?

Of course we can dream about I dont know Blanc, Wenger, Zidane (and then ETH in the summer) and other dreams.
Oh my life you’re deadly serious. I can’t cope!

You must of been up all night. Let’s hope your real name isn’t Ed Woodward :lol:

EricIn93

The forward thinking and planning with regards to football matters is unbelievably bad. So much so that I think we are run in such an amateur way in comparison to other clubs, it's embarrassing. To be honest we deserve to have no better than Steve Bruce right now and the Glazers deserve to taste a bottom half league finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.