Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

He’s not worth the wait if Poch is available now. I’m not writing off the season for no unproven manager.
When you say write off the season are you referring to top 4? As we aren't winning the PL or CL no matter who comes in and top 4 will be difficult for any manager if we don't get a couple of midfielders in, in January.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
A football man will know how poor we were today as a team and system. We couldn’t play our passes right and couldn’t play from the back. Unfortunately, our board are not football man so they don’t understand this and let’s hope they continue their process to hire Poch or permanent manager.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Cue the stories of giving it Carrick till the end of the season :lol:

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
A football man will know how poor we were today as a team and system. We couldn’t play our passes right and couldn’t play from the back. Unfortunately, our board are not football man so they don’t understand this and let’s hope they continue their process to hire Poch or permanent manager.
We weren't poor. Carrick had a gameplan, a structure and the team was solid. 1st half we were sitting back, then 2nd half we pushed forward and Carrick made the right subs at the right time. It was a typical ferglie like European away performance. I'll admit the 1st half wasn't exactly perfect, but that's to be expected as the players and team were so low in confidence. But overall a solid showing and a good managerial debut from Carrick.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Are you a football man?

Be happy with the win for fecks sake. We played really well once the subs were made.

Enjoy that we actually looked disciplined and had a plan and stuck to it and it worked out for us. Don't be forever in a state of pessimism.

What? You expected a whole change of tactics and complete revolution of the team in 24-48hrs? What on earth did you expect? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

So we went from having great encouragement from Pochettino and Zidane wanting to join PSG to all of a sudden, not being that easy after all :lol:

CM

So we went from having great encouragement from Pochettino and Zidane wanting to join PSG to all of a sudden, not being that easy after all :lol:
Honestly I'd prefer that if it gives us a better chance of ten Hag in the summer, although I still fully expect us to approach Poch.

Chip

Please add Carrick as an option. I'd like to change my vote.

Rolaholic

The current coaches should've been sacked along with Ole to be fair...

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I know next to nothing about Valverde. Could someone fill me in about him? How do his teams play? Why was he sacked in Barcelona while topping the table?

Rolaholic

I know next to nothing about Valverde. Could someone fill me in about him? How do his teams play? Why was he sacked in Barcelona while topping the table?
Won back to back leagues with Barca playing some decent stuff but Messi fell out with him after their CL failures so he was sacked unceremoniously last year.

His Athletic sides were also some of the toughest outs in La Liga during his time there.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

The current coaches should've been sacked along with Ole to be fair...
I agree but you also can’t sack everyone at the same time unless people were literally waiting at the door to come in. I’d rather they actually commit to taking their time and choosing someone with actual thought behind it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He is pragmatic and not Barcelona-like. if you watched France imagine Deschamps but spanish.

djembatheking

BT Sports need banning then - Rio and Hargreaves currently suggesting Carrick gets the gig.
Scholes put them right though. Said there is no way Carrick should get it, United need to go for the very best that they can, Carrick is just an inexperienced coach.

Ralph1386

I’d rather they actually commit to taking their time and choosing someone with actual thought behind it.
There's no thought behind any decision they take. It'll be Poch, Rodgers or Ten Hag.
7 months of thinking won't make any difference to them.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Failed in the CL, the 4-0 loss to liveepool stands out.

lsd

The Oracle
You have to give Carrick a chance now surely. That was very impressive tonight. Good team selection tactics were spot on and made his substitutions at the right time

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Are you a football man?

Be happy with the win for fecks sake. We played really well once the subs were made.

Enjoy that we actually looked disciplined and had a plan and stuck to it and it worked out for us. Don't be forever in a state of pessimism.

What? You expected a whole change of tactics and complete revolution of the team in 24-48hrs? What on earth did you expect? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Why are you being salty of me insulting our board? Are you ed woodward’s son or glazers family? :lol:

Please don’t get salty for no reason mate, I don’t know why you are complaining about my post here. I am more football man than our board and our owner because I know better about football than Ed Woodward and glazers. I want united to quickly get that permanent manager so we can finally have identity and system to play. Do you really want us to give up our season huh?

Chip

Valverde as an interim is ok option I guess. Him, Favre, Blanc, Rangnick, though last 2 are in jobs atm, but any of those should be able to improve us for the next 6 months.
I don't want us to touch Blanc with a ten-foot pole. He's apparently doing awfully at his minnow club, and his borderline racist remarks aren't exactly a plus. Favre doesn't excite me either.

I'd much, much rather we went for Rudy Garcia then.

gajender

Do not underestimate the incompetence of the MUFC Board.
If Carrick wins another match, it wouldn't surprise me if they gave him the job till the end of the season or further.
IMO, Carrick, along with his mate McKenna, both need to be ejected. The pair of them got Jose sacked and have now got Ole sacked. If they stay, I have no doubt that they'll get the next manager sacked.
They got sacked because they themselves were poor it's only our fan base who overrate the impact of assistant coaches it seems .

Rajma

Not being easy = they don’t want to pay up, it’s always the case with Glazers.

Fooza

You have to give Carrick a chance now surely. That was very impressive tonight. Good team selection tactics were spot on and made his substitutions at the right time
Surely? Impressive? Watched different games.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
@mods

How many managers in Europe can say they have 100% record in the CL? Exactly.

Carrick should be an option in the list. I'd give him 4 years right now if I could.

Ledge.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would be good if even as they're pursuing Poch now they're still lining up whoever their preferred interim option is in case Poch ultimately isn't immediately obtainable. "Good" in this case meaning "meeting the most basic standard of competence".

Infra-red

Scholes put them right though. Said there is no way Carrick should get it, United need to go for the very best that they can, Carrick is just an inexperienced coach.
After years of clichéd, platitudinous punditry, Scholes has actually been talking sense for the past month.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I recall Andre Herrera (back 2-3 years ago) saying Valverde is the best manager he’s ever worked under, which is impressive praise considering he’d had an incredible array of them in his career up to that point: Valverde, Bielsa, Mourinho, van Gaal, Aguirre…

Valverde as interim is about as good as we’d hope to appoint in the circumstances. Ideally we’d get our permanent man in as soon as possible, but if that happens to be next summer, we could be in worse hands than the Spaniard’s.

diarm

"To work alongside current coaches" , "Woodward staying to oversee the new transition" , "Interim manager to keep things stable until the summer".

This obsession with maintaining the status quo or this fear of upsetting the apple cart - as though what we've been doing for the last 7 or 8 years was some sort of blueprint for excellence.

Ole is the only one of them worth giving a second thought to. He's gone now so feck the rest of them out on their ear and let's at least pretend to be a proper football club for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.