Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixion

Scholes put them right though. Said there is no way Carrick should get it, United need to go for the very best that they can, Carrick is just an inexperienced coach.
Scholes almost laughing at the suggestion then just saying it like it is.

Dembeza

You have to give Carrick a chance now surely. That was very impressive tonight. Good team selection tactics were spot on and made his substitutions at the right time
I don’t see a white text here. This must be a joke.

Woodenlung

Given the choice between Pochettino or an interim boss until the end of the season, you'd simply have to go for the former. We need stability now and bringing in someone for 6 months just won't cut it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We weren't poor. Carrick had a gameplan, a structure and the team was solid. 1st half we were sitting back, then 2nd half we pushed forward and Carrick made the right subs at the right time. It was a typical ferglie like European away performance. I'll admit the 1st half wasn't exactly perfect, but that's to be expected as the players and team were so low in confidence. But overall a solid showing and a good managerial debut from Carrick.
Carrick is our coach in Ole’s man management. Do you really think we will be all of sudden knows how to play from the back with pattern of play under the same coaches if we give them more times?

Telsim

Don't get me wrong, great win tonight, and I'm so glad for Sancho. But I'm sweating bullets here. I can't help, but think what goes through Woodward's head right now. Just no. :nervous:

Delano

Dreading the concept of the experienced interim. Any half decent performance and they'll 100% get the job. Especially if the other options are still in jobs.

We're cheap. We don't want to pay for best, and we don't want to hand out more compensation.

Blood Mage

The current coaches should've been sacked along with Ole to be fair...
At least one of them should have left with him. Ole must feel pretty fecking hard done by, he was scapegoated and thrown under the bus big time.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not being easy = they don’t want to pay up, it’s always the case with Glazers.
That would insinuate that PSG put a price on Pochettino which is highly unlikely.

Mainoldo

When you say write off the season are you referring to top 4? As we aren't winning the PL or CL no matter who comes in and top 4 will be difficult for any manager if we don't get a couple of midfielders in, in January.
We aren’t making top 5 with a medi interim.

RUCK4444

To be honest this is probably the most sensible solution.

We should absolutely be doing our full and thorough due diligence which includes looking in depth at every possible candidate.

Rushing into what may seem the easiest option means you will likely miss out on a game changing appointment in somebody like Ten Hag.

Get TH in along with his team to bring the structure as well as the right blueprint to fecking transition this club finally to a modern style of play. That’s what’s needed, not Poch to scrape us into top four for five seasons.

roseguy64

When you say write off the season are you referring to top 4? As we aren't winning the PL or CL no matter who comes in and top 4 will be difficult for any manager if we don't get a couple of midfielders in, in January.
Winning the CL is not impossible for us. Once you're in the knockouts any team can string together enough results to get to the semis/final.

Mainoldo

Honestly I'd prefer that if it gives us a better chance of ten Hag in the summer, although I still fully expect us to approach Poch.
We aren’t fecking getting Ten Hag. It will be Poch or Rodgers

HailtotheKing

We don't want to pay the £10m, do we?
Probably not. But won’t we have to pay the 10m in summer also? He’ll still be in contract. Maybe Poch wants to stay till then cause he thinks he has a chance at the Champions League.

Sviken

What the feck is this club's boner for the McCarrick duo and Fletchy? I genuinely do not understand it. They're so out of their depth, it's unreal. And if the plan is to wait for the end of the season, then Ten Hag has to be the choice. Poch should only be considered if right at this moment we can get him, not at the end of the season. Can this club do anything right for once?

the_cliff

What the feck is this club's boner for the McCarrick duo and Fletchy? I genuinely do not understand it. They're so out of their depth, it's unreal. And if the plan is to wait for the end of the season, then Ten Hag has to be the choice. Poch should only be considered if right at this moment we can get him, not at the end of the season. Can this club do anything right for once?
They renewed them about 5 weeks ago, they don't want to pay them off as well.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Carrick staying beyond Chelsea should lead to Woodward being persona non-grata at this football club.

We need to save this season, not mess about till summer when some of these perfect managers might gives us the middle finger anyway.

If Poch doesn't want the gig now, it's three strikes and you're out.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Why are you being salty of me insulting our board? Are you ed woodward’s son or glazers family? :lol:

Please don’t get salty for no reason mate, I don’t know why you are complaining about my post here. I am more football man than our board and our owner because I know better about football than Ed Woodward and glazers. I want united to quickly get that permanent manager so we can finally have identity and system to play. Do you really want us to give up our season huh?
We've just gone through to the knockout stages of the UCL and you're using it as an excuse to batter the higher ups, like can we not just enjoy the win for once?

I want United to get a permanent manager in as soon as possible too, but I'd like to enjoy what I've just watched for a start.

Ok we weren't the greatest in the first half but once the changes were made, we looked a much more disciplined and confident team, a team with confidence. Can't we just enjoy that for the evening?

diarm

We don't want to pay the £10m, do we?
So don't. Give them Pogba in January in exchange for Poch now.

I'm not even mad for Poch, but it makes sense when you think about how much of a nightmare Ratface is going to be for the last 6 months of a contract Pogba has no intention of renewing.

flameinthesun

Friends > Man utd

Been seeing people saying this, its a bit disingenuous. They were asked if Carrick keeps winning should he get the interm job till the end of the season. Hargreaves did go in a weird ramble but I think it was clear Rio was referring to it as an interim role. Either they had a pretty good discussion I think. They all agreed with Scholes's point that united should hire a world class manager.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Are some seriously suggesting Carrick? Christ. The inability to learn from past experience is what worries me about our situation. If there are fans getting suckered back in by sentimental, nostalgic bollocks then I know fecking Woodward will too. There's already a shift from Simon Stone from defo Poch to an interim, which means the club will give Carrick till end of the season and then appoint him if they can.

Strats

This could be a brief where we're putting pressure on Pochettino to make a quick decision/push for a move?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Aka we are cheap fecks that go for the least costly alternative.
£10M is hardly anything don't worry.

Not as simple as just paying up and getting Poch. They need an alternative too and they aren't going to accept payment for his contract if they don't want to let him go yet.

Simple really

Godfather

Ten Hag and Poch have contract til 2023. So waiting for the summer doesn't save the Glazers any money.
What? It's not about when we get Poch, but about keeping all the coaches that were part of a failing system. Some of them as Carrick under many different managers. Hardly hard to get no?

VivaJesperBlomqvist

You have to give Carrick a chance now surely. That was very impressive tonight. Good team selection tactics were spot on and made his substitutions at the right time
One of the best managerial performances I’ve ever seen tbh. We will regret not snapping him up.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
What? It's not about when we get Poch, but about keeping all the coaches that were part of a failing system. Some of them as Carrick under many different managers. Hardly hard to get no?
Yeah sorry mate, thought you were talking about one of the other recent tweets from that account.

Godfather

£10M is hardly anything don't worry.

Not as simple as just paying up and getting Poch. They need an alternative too and they aren't going to accept payment for his contract if they don't want to let him go yet.

Simple really
Completely misses the point but trys to act smug too. Typical of your posts. It's about keeping the coaches that have been part of Ole's system.

One would think you'd have have learned your lesson after acting smuggish during Ole's tenure here

Mainoldo

I don’t know why the press aren’t getting all the inside information directly from you mate :rolleyes:
I don’t know why you continue to think you’re smart when you get 30% of thIngs right. Probably less.

Devil may care

We aren’t making top 5 with a medi interim.
Why? I don't see any reason a Rangnick, Valverde or Favre has less chance of getting this current squad into the top 4 than run of the mill perma choices like Rodgers or Pochettino.

Devil may care

I don’t know why you continue to think you’re smart when you get 30% of thIngs right. Probably less.
I don't know if the 30% thing is a private joke between you two but he's right, you're acting like you have some inside knowledge that is definitive that we are only getting one of the lames no matter how long we wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.