Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

I don’t know why you continue to think you’re smart when you get 30% of thIngs right. Probably less.
Your brilliant you are pal, you must spend your evenings following my posts and then calculate that percentage.

Shame you’ve gotten the % wrong but well done for trying. ;)

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We've just gone through to the knockout stages of the UCL and you're using it as an excuse to batter the higher ups, like can we not just enjoy the win for once?

I want United to get a permanent manager in as soon as possible too, but I'd like to enjoy what I've just watched for a start.

Ok we weren't the greatest in the first half but once the changes were made, we looked a much more disciplined and confident team, a team with confidence. Can't we just enjoy that for the evening?
Why are you trying to pick a fight with a poster who is talking about the board must hurry up get the next manager despite of our win today?

This thread is about next permanent manager. Why am I not allowed to talk about the board must hurry up get the next manager?

If you want to enjoy the win then go different thread mate, you are in the wrong thread. I’m enjoying the win in different place but if people are in here then they want to talk about next manager appointment. If you don’t want to see people talking about it then you are in the wrong thread. Please get out and go different thread, you are ruining my mood with this win.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Why are you trying to pick a fight with a poster who is talking about the board must hurry up get the next manager despite of our win today?

This thread is about next permanent manager. Why am I not allowed to talk about the board must hurry up get the next manager?

If you want to enjoy the win then go different thread mate, you are in the wrong thread. I’m enjoying the win in different place but if people are in here then they want to talk about next manager appointment.
He's one of those goody two-shoes who's basically playing the Gary Neville of the forum. Feelings before logic and more importantly, the future of this club.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Need to find someone now. Makes me nervous Carricky getting the job if he keeps winning. After Chelsea there’s a very winnable run of fixtures.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Stop fecking about with Poch and get a good interim manager to warm the seat for ten hag.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Been seeing people saying this, its a bit disingenuous. They were asked if Carrick keeps winning should he get the interm job till the end of the season. Hargreaves did go in a weird ramble but I think it was clear Rio was referring to it as an interim role. Either they had a pretty good discussion I think. They all agreed with Scholes's point that united should hire a world class manager.
It's starts with the interim job then...

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

He said the premier league instead of ligue 1, head already in Manchester

Robertd0803

Probably not. But won’t we have to pay the 10m in summer also? He’ll still be in contract. Maybe Poch wants to stay till then cause he thinks he has a chance at the Champions League.
Was reported somewhere earlier it will be less compensation in the summer because he will have less time on the contract remaining. How true that is I dont know but it sounds logical.
This seems like a sensible approach.

Ixion

He said the premier league instead of ligue 1, head already in Manchester
He's going to pull one of those Olympic athletes that never gets their flight home to some dictatorship

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The way he 'denied' his desire to come here earlier basically says to me, please get me out of here.

HailtotheKing

What the feck is this club's boner for the McCarrick duo and Fletchy? I genuinely do not understand it. They're so out of their depth, it's unreal. And if the plan is to wait for the end of the season, then Ten Hag has to be the choice. Poch should only be considered if right at this moment we can get him, not at the end of the season. Can this club do anything right for once?
Just read the coaches had their contracts extended. So they prob don't want to pay them off on top of Poch.On the other hand could just be another smokescreen to put Pressure on Poch to join. Who the hell knows with this club?

Rolaholic

Seeing Chelsea boss Europe and the Prem under Tuchel reminds me of how he was an unpopular manager suggestion in the Caf as recently as last season because he couldn't win the CL with P$G :lol:

Judas

Open to offers
Seeing Chelsea boss Europe and the Prem under Tuchel reminds me of how he was an unpopular manager suggestion in the Caf as recently as last season :lol:
Tuchel is a weird one, plenty wanted him before he went to PSG, then the time at PSG for some reason put people off. But plenty have been against Poch long before he went to Paris.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Seeing Chelsea boss Europe and the Prem under Tuchel reminds me of how he was an unpopular manager suggestion in the Caf as recently as last season :lol:
Mainly because he never won a major trophy outside of PSG. It's flawed logic.

el3mel

Tuchel is a weird one, plenty wanted him before he went to PSG, then the time at PSG for some reason put people off. But plenty have been against Poch long before he went to Paris.
Poch used to be Caf darling for a long time, and he was always used here as an example of managers getting more of their players without spending much especially when we had Mourinho in charge. Opinion on him started to change only when Ole got the job.

HailtotheKing

Was reported somewhere earlier it will be less compensation in the summer because he will have less time on the contract remaining. How true that is I dont know but it sounds logical.

This seems like a sensible approach.
Yeah, finally someone appears to be doing something right on the board. I'll believe it when I see it. Could easily be them trying to put pressure on PSG to take less compensation. They prob know that they would prefer to bring in Zidane. I put nothing past this board but on face value talking to temp and perm at the same time makes sense.

Idxomer

I think it's because of those two games last season when we outplayed PSG.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Completely misses the point but trys to act smug too. Typical of your posts. It's about keeping the coaches that have been part of Ole's system.

One would think you'd have have learned your lesson after acting smuggish during Ole's tenure here

This was the tweet you were replying too. Accusing us of being 'cheap fecks' who go for the 'least costly alternative'

Completely missing the point that both Ten Hag and Poch are already in jobs, it's not a case of just paying the money and getting the manager in.

In terms of interim manager, the cost of additional coaches and their wages is nothing compared to that of a managerial wage. So your point of us being 'cheap fecks' doesn't really hold weight.

Why does everything have to resort back to money? Why could the reasons behind them getting managers in and *potentially* not allowing them to hire their own coaches (which lets be honest no manager worth their salt will agree to) for a different reason? Maybe they want to not rock the boat too much and ask the players to play one way and then repeat the process again when a new, permanent manager comes in? Maybe incorporate some sort of stability?

stw2022

Sorry but keeping coaching staff in place for now makes sense. Why allow an interim to bring in his back team staff only to have another set of coaches come in for the full-time manager. If we get someone permanent in then sure, he can have his own coaching staff but not replacing the entire coaching team for an interim manager seems like common sense. I'm sure an interim will be able to bring some of his people aboard but there have been some who wanted us to go out tonight without a coaching staff because "they all should have been sacked"

Sorry I don't think that idea gets called out enough for being utterly moronic

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

This was the tweet you were replying too. Accusing us of being 'cheap fecks' who go for the 'least costly alternative'

Completely missing the point that both Ten Hag and Poch are already in jobs, it's not a case of just paying the money and getting the manager in.

In terms of interim manager, the cost of additional coaches and their wages is nothing compared to that of a managerial wage. So your point of us being 'cheap fecks' doesn't really hold weight.

Why does everything have to resort back to money? Why could the reasons behind them getting managers in and *potentially* not allowing them to hire their own coaches (which lets be honest no manager worth their salt will agree to) for a different reason? Maybe they want to not rock the boat too much and ask the players to play one way and then repeat the process again when a new, permanent manager comes in? Maybe incorporate some sort of stability?
Ten Hag left mid season to joined Ajax. Lot of report said Poch wants the job now if the club contact him. It seems both managers have no problems to leave mid season based on history and journalist reports. Everyone know it’s about money with this board and owner, it’s always like that mr Woodward’s son. You connect them all, you get good view of what is going on.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Ten Hag left mid season to joined Ajax. Lot of report said Poch wants the job now if the club contact him. It seems both managers have no problems to leave mid season based on history and journalist reports. Everyone know it’s about money with this board and owner.
There are next to no teams spending more than us.

hungrywing

He's going to pull one of those Olympic athletes that never gets their flight home to some dictatorship
Abort. Abort. Abort.

Some random poster on the internet has let the plan slip.

This is a full abort. Flight zero-two-tango, divert to alternate. Carrier group delta, stand down. Repeat, stand down.

stw2022

I'm not sure why Rogers and Zidane are even in the running.

If either had any interest they'd be here now. Rogers wouldn't stay and see out the season with Leicester and miss out on the United job. Zidane is out of work so if he was interested why would we need an interim and not just appoint Zidane?

Has to be between Pochettino or Ten Hag unless another candidate emerges between now and when we make a decision.

Lukinho

So whats going on now. I thought poch is nearly a done deal. Whats this talk about an interim and Valverde. There is enough time left in this season to turn things around. No need to write of in November.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Poch was a Caf darling. It's only when Ole came into the picture that some started this grumbling about him not being good enough because he hadn't won trophies at Spurs, all that to justify us sticking with Ole. Same thing is happening right now, people are all hooked in Ten Hag despite most not having followed nor known much about him until a few weeks ago, so they go the extra mile to pretend Poch is crap.

Monger

I've a bad feeling it will be Mark Hughes or Martin Oneill until end of the season as interim manager. And ofcourse they will agree to keep current coaching staff.

I hope it's Poch and he's here within the next few days. We can't write off the season with an interim; there are contract issues with players to resolve, in addition to results.

Status
Not open for further replies.