Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Personally, I am absolutely flabbergasted that the club has decided to hand an interview to David Moyes. He has already had a shot and failed. It's somebody else's turn now. Fecking imbeciles running this club, we should burn down OT.
Can’t believe we’ve offered Moyes the job. The state of this club.
What’s this collusive nonsense?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Personally, I am absolutely flabbergasted that the club has decided to hand an interview to David Moyes. He has already had a shot and failed. It's somebody else's turn now. Fecking imbeciles running this club, we should burn down OT.
This can't be true right? Why would he leave the good job he is doing at West Ham?

Yeah calling Poch average wouldn’t be right, but it’s not unreasonable to be sceptical that he's really in that top tier of coaches alongside the likes that are currently at our rivals. Of course whether Ten Hag or anyone else are is another question.
Tbf Tunchel was viewed by a few in the same way as Poch before he won the CL with Chelsea

Suv666

I'd prefer Valverde over the Ragnick chap he doesn't have any experience with huge teams. Valverde's Barcelona almost went unbeaten in LaLiga he's a very good choice for an interim.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
God I really hope we find someone and announce it soon, be it interim or perm. I'm just sick of these incessant tweets from journo's who clearly haven't got a scooby.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Can’t believe we’ve offered Moyes the job. The state of this club.
Oh no, we've actually offered it to him? And he's turned us down to stay at West Ham and manage Lingard? FFS this club is a shambles. Murtough OUT.

BlueHaze

Same here, Ragnick is my preferred choice for interim coach.
Feels like out of the 5 names mentioned he would be the one that would fit the role best. I think he has the capability to go on and motivate the team and at least set them up tactically well enough to see out the season.

Feck me never really realised how lowly some viewed Tunchel until I looked at the first 2 pages of the Tunchel New Chelsea Manager thread. Reminds you of the “A phone with no physical keyboard, how I’m I supposed to type my emails, no thanks apple I’ll stick to my blackberry” comments

Not too upset about this. He’ll be a massive upgrade on Frank (who wouldn’t?) but there’s better managers out there.
Curious appointment. I am very much unconvinced.
A bit like their summer signings this appointment, better than what they had but not going to strike too much fear
Tuchel will be sacked in 18 months. I don’t see him as a top manager.
Don't think he's all that tbh. He could turn out to be a Emery level manager. I still expect him to improve Chelsea though. Who knows, they have a strong squad so he might do well.
From a Manchester United view point Tuchel as I think he will be mediocre.
Average manager, managed In a piss poor league with neymar and mbappe and still got booted out.

really couldn’t care less that he’s at a rival.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
To be fair, he signed Lukaku for £80million and got very lucky he got injured.

Edit : JFC he cost £100mill and the team is better without him :lol:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Yup move him up to DOF and get Ten Hag in over the summer.

Main reason I like Ragnick is besides his great coaching, he always has a vision for the club he’s managing and a great future set up so the next manager after him settles in nicely.
Maybe for once a step in the right direction at the club.... one can hope

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Do you think that he's quite content in his current role in Russia?
He has turned down quite a few roles that do not meet his requirements or offer the control he wants.

I doubt United would offer him the level of control he wants. Especially not as an interim, and we are not going to hire him as a DOF after since we already appointed our technical and sporting directors internally. Can’t see this one happening.

Swedish_Plumber

This is the stance I expected from PSG, they don’t like being pushed about, it’s all ego with them.

If it pushes our attention toward Ten Hag then I’m happy.
More likely to go for Rodgers than Ten Hag if Poch is a no go. And even then if he’s not available right now, the board would still choose Poch over Ten Hag come the summer.

Giggsy13

Feck me never really realised how lowly some viewed Tunchel until I looked at the first 2 pages of the Tunchel New Chelsea Manager thread. Reminds you of the “A phone with no physical keyboard, how I’m I supposed to type my emails, no thanks apple I’ll stick to my blackberry” comments
I think I need to cancel myself for saying that. fecking hell :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Can anyone explain who Tunchel is? :confused:
According to his LinkedIn page, Eduardo Tunchel is Senior Legal Manager at Genesis. He has 10+ years international corporate / commercial, Legal 500-ranked experience. He's also passionate about wine and spirits, holding the title of French Wine Scholar and a WSET 3 Advanced Certificate by the Wine and Spirits Education Trust.

DomM

Not really interested in Rodgers, he would be an.upgrade on Ole but not good enough, for me it is between Poch and Simeone, someone who has won leagues and cups and would certainly sort out our defensive issues.

DomM

According to his LinkedIn page, Eduardo Tunchel is Senior Legal Manager at Genesis. He has 10+ years international corporate / commercial, Legal 500-ranked experience. He's also passionate about wine and spirits, holding the title of French Wine Scholar and a WSET 3 Advanced Certificate by the Wine and Spirits Education Trust.
should get on well with Woodward.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Do you think that he's quite content in his current role in Russia?
I don't really know a lot about Locomotiv Moscow tbh with you, so it's difficult to say. But one could be forgiven for assuming that Rangnick would love to get that extra bit of exposure in the EPL.

Locomotiv Moscow are gonna be taking a 10 week break very soon from what I've heard reported. So it could very well be a possibility, but the telegraph did report in the last few days about it being very difficult to get him out of his current job midseason.

Last edited:
I'm not to impressed with Pochettinos win% as a manager.

Espanyol (09-12): 32.95% ......... United-linked Valverde, who managed Espanyol from 06-08 had 37.37%

Southampton (13-14): 38.33%........Manager before Poch, Adkins (10-13): 54.03%. Manager succeeding Poch, Koeman (14-16): 48.45%.

Tottenham (14-19): 54.27%. Pretty good, better than Sheerwoods 50.00% who managed them for 28 matches before Poch, But slightly behind Villas-Boas 55.00%, who was the last long term Tottenham manager before Poch. Mourinho stopped at 51.16%, but we all agree he's a dinosaur.

PSG (21-): 69% might look impressive, but the three precending PSG-managers had Blanc at 72%, Emery at 76% and Touchel at 74%. And not winning the League is major failure with PSG.

Combined win% whole manager career 47.91%.

Never really understood why Poch has this world class manager-reputation, and looking closer at his history, I still don't get it.

(Hoping for Ten Hag (63.14% total win%, 73% for Ajax))

Status
Not open for further replies.